Have you shifted to 3G from 2G?

Are you using 3G,If yes which one?

• Total voters

Sarath

iDota
It seems like Airtel has improved its 3G speeds, atleast in Bangalore, so much so that I could play an online game on it, which speaks more about the quality of the connection rather than speed. After my broadband line (which gave pings of 75ms & 0 packet loss) I connected my phone to use it's 3G network to reconnect the game just so that I could tell them that I couldn't play anymore, but to my surprise I got pings of 66ms & 0 packet loss and I could continue to play on it. I checked the pings over a span of 30min and they were quite stable.

A few months ago I had used a similar set up, I could hardly play which was to be expected with >300ms pings (=0.5 sec delay) and packet loss >10%.

Game: Dota 2
Phone: Xperia arc 3.1

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I switch to 3G only when I need to browser or use a app which required heavy downloads. this way I am able to stretch a few hours of battery life..

I usually recharge with Airtel Rs. 250 . gives me 1GB which is more than enough for me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally got myself the Vodafone 1 GB 3G pack for Rs.250 at the start of the month. Speeds are great atleast 2 Mbps at all times. I got so hyper that I used 110 MB the first day I got it. Now reduced usage and have used around 700 MB total. The pack expires on 3rd January. No I dont plan again to re-subscribe to the 3g pack will switch back to 2g after it expires.

mitraark

Decrepit
I have not switched to 3G yet... i am not even clear on how to convert my Vodafone SIM to 3G from existing 2G settings. Last month i recharged Rs 28 and got 500 MB of data valid for 30 days, you cannot get internet any cheaper than thi.s I use it on PC , images disabled, forget videos, but still , Internet at < Re.1 per day ..

although this is just a spare connection, I have a good wired connection , otherwise it is stupid to use 2G for regular browsing purpose.

Top Bottom