Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^
Let me know which ever accelerator you get. Can help you with drivers....!
Enjoy.
Ok, thanks for the support, anyway I'm gonna buy a new case soon.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

For anyone wishing to buy a HD5850 look what happened to mine, this is a great gpu and I won't outright declare it as faulty but you'll have to gamble with it, there is a slim chance that it might go bust, like mine did, here's a video I recorded showing mine going bust in crysis warhead, I gave it for rma.

[youtube]8ruR4HUWw_c[/youtube]

It is NOT a "must not buy," but it might go bust if you run furmark/kombustor, stay away from those utilities.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no. not always. if the card dumps heat in the cabby & again uses the hot air. card will suffer too. but best bet is:

CM 310 + MSI HAWX + 2*120mm intake & a fast 120mm exhaust. using a shouded card good only if cabby got very bad ventilation or just 1 or no fan.

is it possible? if yes holes have to drilled in the rear of the cabby isn't?

get Elite 310. & spend the rest of the money in cooling. Gamma will bring you looks & better cable management, but without extra fans & a hot card inside, its nothing more than a pressure cooker.

nope. MSI AfterBurner is used for tweaking cards. Kombustor is used to check for stability after OC of cards.

I also think CM Elite 310+MSi HD5770 HAWK will be the best combo.

I tried to say that if someone is not able to cut round shape holes then they should just remove those expansion slot covers from the cabinets back side and place a 80 mm fan there as exhaust and trust me it will pull out all the heat generated by the gpu.

BTW, I've used MSi afterburner and Kombuster and had bad experiences with it.

Since then I always use FVGA precision - I know it's for nvidia cards only but it always gets the job done :p

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
And here I was feeling bad about getting my card from akshay and not from rashi, I thought rashi was better, seems they are just as crap as everyone.

PS: Did they send you a new card in a sealed box? or just open card?

Nah they gave it in a box. Right now I got both the 8800GTSes boxes :|.

metalhead

Broken In
My "hardware you Should not buy list"..
1)hardrive casings.....the adapter will die within days......
2)nokia 5130 express music......all sets that i have come across have internal memory issues....

acewin

Point Blanc
what internal memory issue ??
I bought it for my sis, once it gave some problem and just needed formating of the mobile as sound was not coming. I have seen that in E63 also, but do not think it was a big issue. what gave your problem ??

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

@sam I have a casing for DVD burner its adapter worked very well I bought another casing and I use its adapter to run both of them now. First one was fro gemini another one from zippy, both cost me 700 bucks each

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam I have a casing for DVD burner its adapter worked very well I bought another casing and I use its adapter to run both of them now. First one was fro gemini another one from zippy, both cost me 700 bucks each

DVD burner casing? for the first time i heard that. i never knew such casing existed too.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Never but any fcking Palit video card.
Fcking Palit sells damage and dispute cards in sealed packets.....:-x
And I will never buy anything from M.D.Computer and Tirupati Kolkata......

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Seagate HDD service in Kolkata:

Yesterday went to Seagate service center.
Took more that 2 hours to submit a HDD.
And u must have to register for warranty service.
Then they told me they will send SMS at least after 7-10 days.....
And the bad thing is they told me they will repair my HDD even they will find any bad sector.
But,Samsung is better.
Two years ago I took my my HDD with bad sectors and they replace that on the spot.
They only took serial no. and ask my name and contact no.
Took less than 1 hour for whole process.

I will never buy never buy Seagate again if they don't replace with new one in sealed pack.
Better I will buy Samsung or WD HDD.
Though I have no experience about WD HDD......

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Seagate HDD service in Kolkata:

Yesterday went to Seagate service center.
Took more that 2 hours to submit a HDD.
And u must have to register for warranty service.
Then they told me they will send SMS at least after 7-10 days.....
And the bad thing is they told me they will repair my HDD even they will find any bad sector.
But,Samsung is better.
Two years ago I took my my HDD with bad sectors and they replace that on the spot.
They only took serial no. and ask my name and contact no.
Took less than 1 hour for whole process.

I will never buy never buy Seagate again if they don't replace with new one in sealed pack.
Better I will buy Samsung or WD HDD.
Though I have no experience about WD HDD......

Welcome to the ASC (Anti Seagate Club)!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Revolution: Buy Samsung or WD.....seagate is not recommended.....
my Samsung IDE 40GB is still runing well since 2004....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
is Hitachi out of business? not seen anyone recommend (or say anything about) it since a long time. Samsung HDDs runs really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom