Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Never Buy Frontech/iBall/Intex etc PSUs.

TechnoCrat at Chadni forced me to buy a Frontech case + PSU and it killed my MoBo within 15 days.

That's unbelieveable. Next time, just walk out of such shop. There are many alternatives in GC Avenue.

coolsunny

Journeyman
Let me add some of my hardware experience too:

Seagate Sata Hard Disks - Will take our data and run to Bahamas. I have 3 of them sitting on garage trash and 2 more inside my PC waiting to be kicked out. If you care for your data, then never ever buy a Seagate disk..period..

iphone series - overpriced and too much hype.

Odyssey and similar weight-less PSU's <-- TERMINATORS of our Rig. Atleast buy a CM starting series or Seasonic ones.

Photon+ Broadband Connection - Can u call it a Broadband???

XFX Nvidia 6200LE AGP Card - A toaster inside your PC!!! I think this model is not in sale anymore. However those who got it are trying to get rid of it on ebay and everywhere. Even if someone offer it for Free, never touch that card.

more stuffs running thru my mind...maybe later..

Seagate 500GB 7200.11 few drives are defective. Mine one failed after using 2 years; not even recognized by any bios. though I have recovered it. My another WD Essential 500GB external also failed; got RMA though. So it's always better to back up important data.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Seagate 500GB 7200.11 few drives are defective. Mine one failed after using 2 years; not even recognized by any bios. though I have recovered it. My another WD Essential 500GB external also failed; got RMA though. So it's always better to back up important data.

Mine also died after 1 year, i bought it in the year 2008. There are some important files in it. Is there any way to recover it?

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Yes data recovery companies can help you with that, but it's very costly. They charge according to the size of drive not according to the amount of data you want only. If go to proper and good data recovery company they will charge around 20k+ atleast for 350gb drive. Only approach data recovery company when you have very critical data in your drive.

coolsunny

Journeyman
Mine also died after 1 year, i bought it in the year 2008. There are some important files in it. Is there any way to recover it?

I'm done it my self. :). I've upgraded the firmwire after that. My drive is little noisy after the recovery, don't know the reason. I'm providing you the links.
Fixing a Seagate 7200.11 Hard Drive using DKU-5 Cable | How To...

I've commented there as sunny. Please follow them. Also let me know if it is working.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
enough talking. production of 7200.11 drives have stopped already & replaced .12 series drives. even those will be replaced soon i guess.

time for this thread to rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom