Hardware price list/spec sheet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even so, you cant deny that the Gene is the better OCer than V-Pro.

Nice setup btw, although I hate bumblebee (he behaves more like a puppy than a sentient being).

However, accounting for the fact that each chip has its own heat/frequency/clock signature, you could conclude they are even-Stevens ;)

if you are talking about OC the I will say they are almost same and remember v-pro mobo was tested with 2~ months older bios ;-)

With Asus Z68 Maximus IV Gene-Z :

guru3d : 4.9 Ghz ( 2600k )
hardwareheaven.com : 5050 Mhz ( 2600k )
tweaktown.com : 5356.5 Mhz

Asus Z68-V Pro :

guru3d : 4.8 Ghz ( 2600k )
hardwareheaven.com : 5050 Mhz ( 2600k )
tweaktown.com : 5363.9 Mhz

Verdict : Asus Z68 Maximus IV Gene-Z $179.99 and ASUS P8Z68-V PRO $209.99 ( newegg ) - given the price, compact size, nice layout and OC ability Maximus IV Gene-Z $179.99 is a clear winner ;-)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@TG: well if that wasnt the case, we wouldnt see product binning now would we?

Also, under a microscope its all hills and valleys in a processor so each chip is unique in that matter ;)

Linus Tech Tips has a short article(video) on product binning.

A single wafer has chips for almost all the different models of the same series.
New steppings mean slight revisions on the circuits for more efficient performance.

D

Deleted member 118788

I want to buy kaspersky IS 2011 from Letsbuy.com anybody has discount coupon code.?

LetsBuy Coupon Code Tested on KIS 2011 (1 User): HSBCLB

If You take my opinion BitDefender is better than KIS. Buy Bit.:)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@TG: well if that wasnt the case, we wouldnt see product binning now would we?

Also, under a microscope its all hills and valleys in a processor so each chip is unique in that matter ;)

Linus Tech Tips has a short article(video) on product binning.

A single wafer has chips for almost all the different models of the same series.
New steppings mean slight revisions on the circuits for more efficient performance.

^^ yep, rightly said ... ;-)

BTW, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 @ 12.6k - time to add another 990 on the price list ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ al right ;-)

Some price updates ( credit goes to shayem - OG post here ) ;-)

ASUS Z68 V-PRO @12900
ASUS Z68 V @11900
Jetway Z68 Hummer(HI09-Z) @7300
ASUS MAXMISUS GENE-Z @11700

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ That's because I will now be getting evaluation samples from AMD. This is how usually reviewers get samples from AMD.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Samsung LS22A300 @ 8.9k
Samsung LS23A300 @ 11k
Samsung LS24A300 @ 15.1k
Samsung LS20A300 @ 6.7k

ASUS 12X BLU-RAY DVD WRITER MODEL NO BW-12B1LT @ 6.5k ;-)

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Nice one revolution!!:lol:..
Forget about blank BLURAY DVDs, even the blank dual layer DVDs cost between 50-80 bucks a piece at my place!!!

I don't get the point of slashing the prices of writer when blank BLURAY DVDs are so costly!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hey ssb, in BBSR, 8 GB dual layer DVDs cost around 11 bucks to 15 bucks.

BTW, I got a reference of a Bangalore based Online shop GolchaIT, where the price of the Graphics cards are really very low, compared to the other site. Check it here. Could anyone confirm about the reliability of the shop?

Last edited:
Top Bottom