Hardware price list/spec sheet

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^you can use an extender cable. Problem solved.

the gene will be fine for 2-Way SLI/CF with watercooling or using extender cables. It OC's better than the VPro, and AFAIK its intended use is as a LANBox Mobo (for gaming/OC fests/contests)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^you can use an extender cable. Problem solved.

the gene will be fine for 2-Way SLI/CF with watercooling or using extender cables.

It OC's better than the VPro, and AFAIK its intended use is as a LANBox Mobo (for gaming/OC fests/contests)

I doubt Gene-Z can hold 2 GPUs w/o toughing each other...

extender cables. ?

OC part, Gene-Z looses to V-pro..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
really? Vpro is better?? can you please show me any proof on that? AFAIK the ROG series has better components than the other series. Sabertooth is almost like the poor man's ROG mobo.

EDIT- BTW you are wrong :)) :

P8Z68 V-Pro:
*www.guru3d.com/article/asus-p8z68-v-pro-review/12
The turbo frequency clock to 4800 MHz was very stable, and will be integrated into the test sessions. On top of that you can easily flick on XMP profiles.
MIVEG-Z:
*www.guru3d.com/article/asus-maximus-iv-gene-z-review/11
Overclocking the GENE-Z was miraculous wise we close in at 5 GHz, our ES processor normally just will not pass 4800 MHz whatsoever, we reached 4900 MHz.

Extender Cable:
Google Images

Like I said, watecooling or the aforementioned cable will solve your problem. BTW reference design is meant to be sandwitched.

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
really? Vpro is better?? can you please show me any proof on that? AFAIK the ROG series has better components than the other series. Sabertooth is almost like the poor man's ROG mobo.

Extender Cable:
Google Images

I thought the same too.. But thats not the case with Gene-Z..

overclock3d

bit-tech

And thanks for the Extender Cable info.. Never knew such a thing existed... :wink:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@MegaMind: In your links the V-Pro isnt even mentioned...

I posted Guru3D review which shows the Gene to be better.

You may be correct on the part that it is not as good as an ROG board could be, but you certainly are wrong when it comes to V-pro vs Gene

@Tenida: Well i am talking about overclocking, not the overall package. You missed that in my post. What does as better as mean btw?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Even so, you cant deny that the Gene is the better OCer than V-Pro.

Nice setup btw, although I hate bumblebee (he behaves more like a puppy than a sentient being).

However, accounting for the fact that each chip has its own heat/frequency/clock signature, you could conclude they are even-Stevens ;)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Even so, you cant deny that the Gene is the better OCer than V-Pro.

Nice setup btw, although I hate bumblebee (he behaves more like a puppy than a sentient being).

However, accounting for the fact that each chip has its own heat/frequency/clock signature, you could conclude they are even-Stevens ;)

Ohh:twisted: But i like Autobot bumblebee so much.:cool:

Top Bottom