Graphics Cards related queries here.

Neville Engineer

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hi guys ! need a good nvidia gpu under 6000Rs. also a PSU under 2000Rs.also i need a good LCD under 7k. thanks in advance

mac_blast's

Right off the assembly line

@Neville Engineer if got no probs with ATI have look on HD 5670 it is a Dx11 GPU so u will safe in future and for PSU u can go for gigabyte superb 460w but do wait for others suggestion (new here :p)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

a 2Gb card will be useless. compare it to HD5670 512Mb. a 1Gb is a total loss. as you hardly gain any extra FPS or performance in games or any other apps. GTX460 1Gb more than enough. when HD5870 can run fine with 1Gb, why can't a card thats much slower than it? also i think except Plait all the other manufacturers (Gainward, Sparkle, Zotac) are sending out cards at stock speed.

and about the latter suggestion, yes its a good one. doesn't matter if you new here or a old member :smile:

vwad

In the zone

How much of the above Palit problems will matter for non-gamers only video encoders like me ?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

palit is good video card maker's , off course the gtx 260 am using is gr8 up to right now !

y the gtx 460 is like this ??

tkin

Back to school!!

Hi Guys..

Is there any news of 5770's price getting lowered? I am really confused, as i read that Nvidia will release gtx450 ( i m not sure) , and when its released, i think it will be better than 5770 . Anyway , I wanted to go for gtx460 768mb, but i think the 768mb version is not available currently in india :(

One more question :
Also, does any one know the price of 5830? heard that its price got reduced.My cousin has a phenom x6 , and vx450 .. will that vx450 be enough for 5830?And which is best partner for 5830. Does this one also have grey screen problem like 5770?( man, this problem is putting me off from getting a 5770 hawk :x ) ..
5770 price is not lowered as its market is secured, not even abroad, just HD5830 lowered.

If you get GTX460 768mb makes sure to avoid Palit and Zotac.

5830 is a bad card, draws more power than HD5850(while underperforming), as big as HD5870(10.5"), heats up more, its actually a chopped HD5870, don't get it, get the HD5770 or if you need more performance HD5850 is the best bet(15.9k+tax).

The gray screen of death is a gamble, my new HD5850 runs fine, no issue so far, so if you get a HD5770(HAWK or reference) chances of gray screen are say 2%, so you can take the chance if you want, I advice everyone to buy amd gpus but you may get the gray screen bug, it happens in certain hardware and software conditions, so its your choice.

PS- Palit GTX460 has 50-50 chance of heating up like a furnace, chances of HD5770 crashing are a lot slimmer.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

How much of the above Palit problems will matter for non-gamers only video encoders like me ?
YIf you're a non gamer what will you do with GTX460? get a low cost HTPC card like HD5670, and if you do something(say hardware accelerated video encoding) that needs a afaster GPU than HD5670 then it will put the Palit GTX460 in performance mode(max clocks) and heat it up. Only in idle Palit GTX460 remains cool, that's what happened in my case, though another forum member got a nice card that remains cool, so its a gamble.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

palit is good video card maker's , off course the gtx 260 am using is gr8 up to right now !

y the gtx 460 is like this ??
I guess they are trying to make money, for a eg: the GTX460 and HD5850(XFX) are closely priced(2.4k), but from my first hand experiance I can say the palit cooler looks like cheap chinese toys you get in the streets, while the HD5850 looks a lot better,it has a bunch of copper heatpipes while Palit GTX460 sonic has a anodized aluminum heatsink, not all nVidia board partners are like this, look at Gigabyte(double fan, copper heatpipe), Asus(massive copper pipes), EVGA(reference, also copper pipes), MSI(cyclone cooler with copper pipes) and others, only ZOtac and palit made a crap cooler.

Your GTX260 is a reference model, all nVidia reference model have excellent cooler(eg-my earlier 9800GTX+, the new GTX480/470), when manufacturers go non reference then they sometimes crap out, prime example is palit, whereas my HD5850 is non reference but the cooler is massive and better.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

msi cyclone gtx 460 768 mb is available
What about 1GB?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

is is available in india ? waiting for gtx450 is a good option ...

Yes, i wanted 1GB version but aarshirwad comp(blore) guy got 768 MB cyclone from chennai.

I'd say wait till sep as there will be new entrant and may be price drop too.

tkin

Back to school!!

Yes, i wanted 1GB version but aarshirwad comp(blore) guy got 768 MB cyclone from chennai.

I'd say wait till sep as there will be new entrant and may be price drop too.
Wait for the 1GB, the 768mb version is good till 1440x900, go any higher and it creeps out.

Piyush

Lanaya

attention guys!!!

this article have all the info regarding multiple gpu set ups
i found it so informative that i couldnt resist myself from sharing it here

Multi-GPU Setups: The Basics Of CrossFire And SLI : AMD Or Nvidia?

Piyush

Lanaya

i have one query

*media.bestofmicro.com/H/P/248173/original/chart10.png

which is the master card in these each setup?
why does the frame buffer size is important in Xfiring and SLIing?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ I think you have not read the review properly and if you can take a look at the pic the first left card n the pic is used as the master card I believe:p

The different combinations worked splendidly in our tests. With AMD graphics cards, you usually use the fastest one as the master card. The performance increase by doing this is very small, but it can be seen in all the benchmarks. Again, running a differently-clocked CrossFire combination might cause some issues due to higher clock rates of the master card. You need to either change clock rates or change the card sequence to fix this. We needed to do this with our three-way combination of the Radeon HD 5830, HD 5850, and HD 5870. The Radeon HD 5870 was rejected as the master card. Only when we used it as the third card in the configuration did it work properly. This arrangement doesn't really have an impact on performance, since all three cards will slow down to the speed of the Radeon HD 5830.

BTW, as you can see it's not frame buffer but GPU series and power that made the performance difference in this benchmark.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

hi guys ! need a good nvidia gpu under 6000Rs. also a PSU under 2000Rs.also i need a good LCD under 7k. thanks in advance

You can consider getting 9800GT @ 5.5k along with Gigabyte Superb 460W PSU @ 2.2k.

Get BenQ 22inch HD LCD around 7.5k.

@Neville Engineer if got no probs with ATI have look on HD 5670 it is a Dx11 GPU so u will safe in future and for PSU u can go for gigabyte superb 460w but do wait for others suggestion (new here :p)

your suggestion is perfect for DX11 based soution :p

msi cyclone gtx 460 768 mb is available

what's the price ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^~12k...................................................

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

i have one query

which is the master card in these each setup?
why does the frame buffer size is important in Xfiring and SLIing?

You cannot tell which is the master by looking at the charts, unless the analyst was following a certain nomenclature and rule set to type the names for each unique set up.

vishald

Broken In

Hi,

I am using Intel Pentium D 2.66 Ghz dual core processor (533 FSB with 1 mb cache) on Biostar G31D-M7 motherboard, 1 Gb DDR 2 Transcend ram, 320 gb WD SATA hard drive and Iball LPE223-400 power supply.
Monitor in us is Samsung 17 " Syncmaster 773s.
I am willing to play games like Crysis
Please suggest me a good graphics card that should run on with above config flawlessly.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

How much is the cost of Antec 902 Case? Its one of the best case I would consider in terms of heat flow and dust repelling. How much would it cost in Delhi and its availability in nehru place?

vwad

In the zone

YIf you're a non gamer what will you do with GTX460? get a low cost HTPC card like HD5670, and if you do something(say hardware accelerated video encoding) that needs a afaster GPU than HD5670 then it will put the Palit GTX460 in performance mode(max clocks) and heat it up. Only in idle Palit GTX460 remains cool, that's what happened in my case, though another forum member got a nice card that remains cool, so its a gamble.

Well, so, what do you think I should do ?

OR

Anyone else telling me what to buy ?

Top Bottom