Graphics Cards related queries here.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

at that price it's just perfect.
you mean almost perfect
considering it can double up as a room heater too!!:p
dunno about the cyclone design,
but he should wait for msi to bring the GTX460 properly to indian market with
the much anticipated Twin Frozr II design

as msi engineers themselves put it
that cyclone wasn't the best of their products or innovation,
it was something done in a hurry to meet the imposed deadline of the GTX460 release!!

tkin

Back to school!!

God damn ati, my HD5850 started to show the gray screen bug, but not in 2d as heard, but in 3d, gave it for RMA to akshay enterprises kolkata, they are saying it will take about 10-15 days to get a replacement, anyone here have any idea about dealing warranty with akshay enterprises? I thought rashi was the only distributor of XFX here.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

God damn ati, my HD5850 started to show the gray screen bug, but not in 2d as heard, but in 3d, gave it for RMA to akshay enterprises kolkata, they are saying it will take about 10-15 days to get a replacement, anyone here have any idea about dealing warranty with akshay enterprises? I thought rashi was the only distributor of XFX here.

Updating the Firmware BIOS may help :cool:

tkin

Back to school!!

Updating the Firmware BIOS may help :cool:
Well, I was using the latest XFX bios, its already underway for rma, so theres nothing to do now, I just wanted know whether anyone has any experiance with akshay enterprises kolkata?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

Well, I was using the latest XFX bios, its already underway for rma, so theres nothing to do now, I just wanted know whether anyone has any experiance with akshay enterprises kolkata?
well
i am really sorry to know that you're having a hard time with the graphics cards
first the gtx 460 now the hd5850:(
hope you get a good card in return dude!!:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@tkin, its purely your bad luck. that you encountered problem with both your cards.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Damn...! Talk about bad luck going bad....! Shucks...!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

you mean almost perfect
considering it can double up as a room heater too!!:p
dunno about the cyclone design,
but he should wait for msi to bring the GTX460 properly to indian market with
the much anticipated Twin Frozr II design

as msi engineers themselves put it
that cyclone wasn't the best of their products or innovation,
it was something done in a hurry to meet the imposed deadline of the GTX460 release!!

cyclone runs cooler than palit and zotac gtx 460 - so using it as a room heater may not be possible :p

and you are right - we should wait for twin frozr II for a better GTX 460 card and it will bring down the price of the cyclone as an added advantage :p

Piyush

Lanaya

really sad to hear that
meanwile u can use your 9800gtx+ if its with u

rajan1311

Padawan

@tkin : sad to hear that bro, but see if you can find out why its happening.

The TX650 is not the best PSU made by corsair, many people had issues, maybe there is where you are having all the bad luck? why not send the PSU for RMA too? I am sure its under warranty....

Piyush

Lanaya

The TX650 is not the best PSU made by corsair, many people had issues, maybe there is where you are having all the bad luck? why not send the PSU for RMA too? I am sure its under warranty....

whats PSU have to do with gray screen bug?
this problem is solely of graphic card only

rajan1311

Padawan

The PSU could have ruined the graphics card...? When I had a CM 600W extreme power , i used to get some artifacts on screen.....not sure what the grey screen bug is though..?

PS: congrats on the 1000 posts :)

Piyush

Lanaya

thanks bro
gray screen bug is only found in ati cards mainly in 2d environment
but there are rare cases where it is found in 3d too
he ATi 5xxx series of cards contains new RAM modules. This newly revised GDDR5 memory is known to have issues. Whether it be heat or faulty chips, when the RAM on your card has an issue, you're likely to see your system lock up with the newly termed, GSOD, or Gray Screen of Death. Almost all owners of the 5xxx series have seen this screen once or twice, however in most cases it does not mean your card needs to be sent out for RMA.

tkin

Back to school!!

cyclone runs cooler than palit and zotac gtx 460 - so using it as a room heater may not be possible :p

and you are right - we should wait for twin frozr II for a better GTX 460 card and it will bring down the price of the cyclone as an added advantage :p
Its not about being cooler, the chips draw the same amount of power from the wall, so the heat generated is same, so the cooler the GPU the more heat its dissipating so at the end the msi model is the better room heater.:twisted:

tkin

Back to school!!

The PSU has 5yrs warranty, so no worries there, mine is however HX620, the moduler series, not many people have issues with it, if the next time my HD5850 does that I'm gonna test it in my friends PC but know this my 9800GTX+ draws the same amount of power as the HD5850 does and has same config(2x6pin) so if the psu was culprit the it would've crashed the 9800GTX+ too, it didn't crash the GTX460 either(just temps went crazy).

rajan1311

Padawan

thanks bro
he ATi 5xxx series of cards contains new RAM modules. This newly revised GDDR5 memory is known to have issues. Whether it be heat or faulty chips, when the RAM on your card has an issue, you're likely to see your system lock up with the newly termed, GSOD, or Gray Screen of Death. Almost all owners of the 5xxx series have seen this screen once or twice, however in most cases it does not mean your card needs to be sent out for RMA.

Thanks for the explanation buddy :)

tkin

Back to school!!

thanks bro
I already sent it, now I'm wondering whether I sent a perfectly working card for rma:cry:, if this happens next time gonna test it in my friends pc:|

Top Bottom