GPU NEWS Channel

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
thanks cilus...to my horror i downloaded the 13.4 file from amd support...i hav the 12.11 beta installed now...after download i clicked on the file and then a msg flashed...tht the files r corrupt so the istaller cannot b processed.. ididnt get it...smething nsis was missing frm the file..i downloaded 3 times and the smae thng happened each time....

now any other options..!! amd nowdays sucks a big time..!!!

that may be caused by some exe corruption virus

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Intel’s Next-Gen Xeon Phi “Knights Landing” to Deliver Up to 3TFLOPS of DP Performance.

Now that's a huge boost for next gen chips. This will also include DDR4 controller and AVX 3.1 support.
World's faster supercomputer runs xeon phi knight's corner co-processors, even higher than Tesla K20x based Titan, which is 2nd in the list.

Cilus

laborare est orare
It will be on 31st July. Btw, I found couple of 6800k reviews with hybrid cf testing with a 6670 ddr3 with 13.6 beta drivet. It looks like in couple of games and Unigen brnchmark, the performance was almost twice than of the IGP performance.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
It will be on 31st July. Btw, I found couple of 6800k reviews with hybrid cf testing with a 6670 ddr3 with 13.6 beta drivet. It looks like in couple of games and Unigen brnchmark, the performance was almost twice than of the IGP performance.

Already on C13.4 should i try 13.6 b2

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check these out :
Techday – Xbox One to double GPU speed to match PS4

now use gpu for calculation ;-)
LibreOffice aims to speed spreadsheets with AMD GPU optimization | Ars Technica
LibreOffice Calc To Get GPU support

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
Those are nice info TOP.
Xbox is raising competition now....

check these out :
Techday – Xbox One to double GPU speed to match PS4

now use gpu for calculation ;-)
LibreOffice aims to speed spreadsheets with AMD GPU optimization | Ars Technica
LibreOffice Calc To Get GPU support

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Catalyst 13.8Beta1 reviews are up.
Frame Rating: Catalyst 13.8 Brings Frame Pacing to AMD Radeon | PC Perspective

AnandTech | AMD Frame Pacing Explored: Catalyst 13.8 Brings Consistency to Crossfire

For single monitor the improvement has made crossfirex options 'smoother' than before.
Crossfire of likes of hd7970 are less subjective and more recommendable than before for single monitor set-ups.
Issues with eyefinity and 4k monitors/resolutions with crossfire set-ups are yet to be fixed.
The driver fixes frame latency issues for dx11 and dx10 titles.
Still more work needs to be done,newer drivers should bring more fixes and improvements.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is the guru3d review link: AMD Framepacing Catalyst 13.8 driver examined with FCAT - Article

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
New AMD Radeon 7730 ddr3 and Gddr5 launched.Review here.Basically performance for 7730 ddr3 is between 6670 ddr3 and 640 ddr5 and that of 7730 ddr5 is between 7750 ddr5 and 6670 ddr5.
AMD Radeon HD 7730 Review: A Harbinger Of The Kaveri APU? - AMD's Radeon HD 7730: GCN Goes Entry-Level

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the info .. after a long time I'm seeing an upper low end gaming gpu and I'm really excited about this as this may bring a few changes if priced right.

d3p

PowerHouse
Here is the guru3d review link: AMD Framepacing Catalyst 13.8 driver examined with FCAT - Article

Few Highlights from the review.

AMD finished up their frame pacing algorithm and today is the day that we look at AMDs new Catalyst 13.8 Beta driver with support for frame pacing driver. As such we examine the latest games to see if AMD has made progress. First a couple of things, the Beta driver outed will be released in phases. This first 13.8 beta only supports framepacing in DX10 and 11 games and is compatible with Windows Vista, 7 and 8 in the first phase. The later Beta's will add 8.1, DX9 etc. Secondly, in this beta driver frame pacing is supported up-to a resolution of 2560x1600. So everything below it is cool, above it not so much.

This ^^

So what about People, who are having issues with resolution higher than 2560x1600 ?? Radeon, grow up !!!...

Either do some miracle or stop making marketing gimmicks like CROSSFIRE first & later Eyefinity.

Unhappy & Unsatisfied Radeon User.

Gollum

Collector
New AMD Radeon 7730 ddr3 and Gddr5 launched.Review here.Basically performance for 7730 ddr3 is between 6670 ddr3 and 640 ddr5 and that of 7730 ddr5 is between 7750 ddr5 and 6670 ddr5.
AMD Radeon HD 7730 Review: A Harbinger Of The Kaveri APU? - AMD's Radeon HD 7730: GCN Goes Entry-Level

Any idea on pricing a game performance?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think AMD even don't care about asymmetric CF setup like that .. it's just there because the architecture supports it but I may be wrong so can't anything say for sure untill a final driver version release of the frame pacing fix driver.

From that review you can get an idea about the IGP performance of Kaveri APU.

yes and the future is getting increasingly better for apus ;-)

Any idea on pricing a game performance

check out the last page of that review.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Few Highlights from the review.

This ^^

So what about People, who are having issues with resolution higher than 2560x1600 ?? Radeon, grow up !!!...

Either do some miracle or stop making marketing gimmicks like CROSSFIRE first & later Eyefinity.

Unhappy & Unsatisfied Radeon User.

Give AMD a little more time. I am sure they will address those issues in next iterations of the Driver release. After all multi-Monitor Game play is their brain child.

Gollum

Collector
^^ I think AMD even don't care about asymmetric CF setup like that .. it's just there because the architecture supports it but I may be wrong so can't anything say for sure untill a final driver version release of the frame pacing fix driver.

yes and the future is getting increasingly better for apus ;-)

check out the last page of that review.

under 100 dollar is a good price. I'm actually looking for a slimmer card not a double slot thing

Top Bottom