Google's Open Source Browser: Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Chrome got 63/100 in Acid 3 test in Vista.. not bad for a completely new product.. but it has Webkit as its engine.. can anyone post the result of Safari which is based on the same engine?

I got 78/100. Safari's score was similar.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Ignorance at best, was wondering why no one brought that up, I guess there are people smarter. Ever heard of Xbox Live Marketplace.

Ofcourse, you can say what you want to, that doesnt change anything. Windows Mobile has been in existence since god-knows how many years. They never came up with this idea earlier. Why ? You guessed it right :lol:

But I appreciate they are honest enough to admit they need to be a lot more (copy more :wink:) like/from Apple :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
No they wont want that but they still should & would remain open minded if the user want to block the ads. If users want it company has to do it, else users leave the product .......................simple.

Google has always worked towards market needs & have developed the company on its user base & they wont ignore their user base.

Haven t u heard of Firefox ultimate optimizer?
I am running 11 tabs right now & 21 extensions & the memory consumed is hovering 1.5-3mb ram only. Google for it & download, no need to install it, it will make FF respod faster & very less (10times) memory.
*img522.imageshack.us/img522/1816/ffoptimizergy2.th.jpg

That reduces RAM usage but spikes CPU usage for both Firefox & itself.

On other discussions:

As Bill Gates says, the one who does a good job of something becomes the creator of it. But, hey that's human intelligence or lack of it. :lol:

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@hrithik roshan :D... how come your score is different from mine.. does the score also depends on bandwidth.. me on BSNL (un)limited 256k

prasad_den

Padawan
Did a small personal test for analysing memory usage by Opera 9.27 and Chrome Beta.

1. Cleared all cache, filled form details, history etc. for both the browsers.
2. Opened up 10 different websites in tabs in both.
3. Let all the pages load completely.
4. Checked the memory usage by both the browsers..

Result:

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/10935/Clipboard01.jpg

:D TEst might be incomplete or with flaws, but it still shows that Opera is more lightweight..!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@hrithik roshan :D... how come your score is different from mine.. does the score also depends on bandwidth.. me on BSNL (un)limited 256k

Trust me it has got nothing to do with bandwidth. I am using Airtel GPRS and currently getting barely 10 kBps speeds. Still I managed 77/100 (somehow it dropped down by 1 since last time). Here is a screenshot:

*img297.imageshack.us/img297/4887/capture03092008131214yo1.jpg

The rendering engine is entirely WebKit.

But for some reason, it appears faster on gmail compared to midori. Maybe its because of V8.

Anyway, I think its AWSSOME that they chose webkit over the more conventional gecko. KHTML is much more light compared to gecko, which is the reason I suppose this is faster.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ok I got the Links for the source code.
Build/Debug instruction is given for Windows, Linux and OS X.

Link

goobimama

 Macboy
Safari 4 Developer Preview Acid3 test (100/100)
>> *img.skitch.com/20080903-ppr2sp65ncehary96tnc2ksr73.jpg

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ COOL..
Now can everyone "PLEASE" post your images in thumbnails

@Safari Users: Do you get a similar page when you view the source of a webpage ?
*img50.imageshack.us/img50/2998/chromeyg2.th.jpg

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Ok i didnt read a single thing from this thread but I used it today and my opinion -->>

"No thanks, I will stick to my browser"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom