Google's Open Source Browser: Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I had absolutely no idea about this. Foolish me.

But, I am not surprised. Microsoft has always had their finger on the pulse before anyone else, only never been able to execute efficiently. Online Office Suite was discussed by the Microsoft top order long before Google docs came into existence.

*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=423765&postcount=58

While I'm sure Vista was conceputalised quite early, but I don't think it was as early as the mid 90s. Those were the days of sticks and stones (and Byomkesh Bakshi). :)

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
It's too bland. This won't do. After the initial hype is over, people will go back to their previous browsers (they already have), and chrome will be just like any other myriad of browsers out there.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=423765&postcount=58

While I'm sure Vista was conceputalised quite early, but I don't think it was as early as the mid 90s. Those were the days of sticks and stones (and Byomkesh Bakshi). :)
Well, I guess anyone would be wrong in saying that either the Dock or the Widgets/Dashboard/Sidebar were copied from any one particular source. They both seem to be evolution of products developed at different stages by different entities. Here is an interesting article, you might wanna read on Docks & Dashboard.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
What's with your infatuation for Byomkesh Bakshi?

What's up mehU? :D

Well, I guess anyone would be wrong in saying that either the Dock or the Widgets/Dashboard/Sidebar were copied from any one particular source. They both seem to be evolution of products developed at different stages by different entities. Here is an interesting article, you might wanna read on Docks & Dashboard.

True. I loved the dock that I tried on an emulated version of AmigaOS. Wish that piece of software was still alive today.

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Update on the Chrome thing

*www.techcrunch.com/2008/09/03/mozilla-fights-back-with-new-firefox-benchmarks/

This is crazy

Indyan

Here Since 2003
He he... he met her only once.. too scared i guess...
anyway
Google backtracks on Chrome license terms

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Hehe..

Btw, I tried Chrome. It's fantastic. The first beta looks very promising and I'm sure future releases will only make it even better. Some serious competition for IE.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Did anyone observe processes of chrome. In my system, it is opening separate process for each tab.

That is feature of Chrome. It opens every new tabs in separate processes to make sure that sudden hanging or crashing of any particular tab would not hang the whole browser. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
but taking memory consumed into account, for 4-5 tabs, it crossed 100Mb on my PC.

SO, I stick to Opera.

Pat

Beyond Smart
And did anyone ever read the license? lulz
Source: *tapthehive.com/discuss/This_Post_Not_Made_In_Chrome_Google_s_EULA_Sucks

/me laughs out loud :D

Taken care of:
*www.osnews.com/story/20248/Google_Gives_Back_All_Your_Bases

keshavasiva

Banned
Hmm... guys... alrite its alrite...
Just tried to find some features.
Now just open to browser windows and open two tabs in a window.
Drag the second one to the other browser..>!! Its just transported...
A good feature indeed!!!!
But I am gonna stic to IE8b

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That is feature of Chrome. It opens every new tabs in separate processes to make sure that sudden hanging or crashing of any particular tab would not hang the whole browser. :)

Understood now. Like it after actually going through this browser. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom