Google's Open Source Browser: Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ COOL..
Now can everyone "PLEASE" post your images in thumbnails

@Safari Users: Do you get a similar page when you view the source of a webpage ?
*img50.imageshack.us/img50/2998/chromeyg2.th.jpg
Yep. Notwithstanding that Safari's Web inspector looks much better than that of course.

Although, the Windows version of Safari doesn't have this, so it is indeed a great feature to look forward to on the Windows end.

blackpearl

The Devil
Try opening a page containg a big animated GIF, 500kb or something, and watch how CPU usgae shoots up.

No feed support
No adblock
No proper status bar. Can't tell what's loading, how much left.
Can't add additional search engine

FAIL!

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
And it opens up different instances of itself as new tabs are opened, probably the sandbox thing!

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/square/10937/chrom.jpg

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@goobimama.. on which platform you tested?? Mac i think so.. on windows its not running.. at least not on Vista..

@blackpearl.. pehle version main sab kuch chahiye kya??

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yep. Notwithstanding that Safari's Web inspector looks much better than that of course.

Although, the Windows version of Safari doesn't have this, so it is indeed a great feature to look forward to on the Windows end.
Thanks .. I expected this cause it looked like it was inspired from safari the very moment I saw that page. The following confirmed my doubts.:D

Look what I found in most of the files of the inspector folder
Code:
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008 Apple Inc.  All rights reserved.
:p :D

And further investigation of some other files led to the following comments

Code:
/* Not sure this is the right color. #EBEBE4 is what Firefox uses.
   TODO(ojan): Figure out how to support legacy input rendering. 
   TODO(ojan): Add input[type="file"] once we figure out our file inputs.
   TODO(ojan): Add input[type="image"] once we figure out our image inputs.
   TODO(ojan): We probably do the wrong thing if you put an invalid input type.
              [B] do we care?[/B]
*/
:D

Code:
/* Chrome should render input[type="search"] the same as input with no type.
   [B]This search thing is an Apple-ism to get mac style search inputs. [/B]*/

these comments were found in "Documents and Settings\{USER}\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\0.2.149.27\Resources\Inspector\html4-overrides.css
:D
EDIT: Please note that the apple copyright must be included because its one of the condition to use the webkit/inspector code.

Right click on the address bar > Edit Search Engines... ;)

But its no way as elegant as Opera's create search feature :cool:

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Try opening a page containg a big animated GIF, 500kb or something, and watch how CPU usgae shoots up.

No feed support
No adblock
No proper status bar. Can't tell what's loading, how much left.
No RSS Feed Support is indeed a big dissapointment. Hopefully it will come soon.
As far as adding search engines is concerned, you dont need to - as long as you have used it before you can use it directly from the omnibox.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
after using Chrome....I feel at home. It behaves similar to firefox when used on slower net like mine(BSNL WLL). Feels light and faster on my old system.....where as Opera is lower to load on slower connections

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
And did anyone ever read the license? lulz
11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

In other words, by posting anything (via Chrome) to your blog(s), any forum, video site, myspace, itunes, or any other site that might happen to be supporting you, Google can use your work without paying you a dime.
Source: *tapthehive.com/discuss/This_Post_Not_Made_In_Chrome_Google_s_EULA_Sucks

/me laughs out loud :D

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Copying is looking at what others are doing and remodeling your apps to mimic what the other guy’s apps look and work like—for example, Windows Photo Gallery (iPhoto) and Windows Sidebar (Dashboard).

Look at these article in Wikipedia : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Sidebar#Criticisms ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Look at these article in Wikipedia : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Sidebar#Criticisms ;)
OMG! I didn't know this! This is news. Sorry Aayush now God save the one who says that Sidebar is a copy of any stupid Widget or Dashboard thingy.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
OMG! I didn't know this! This is news. Sorry Aayush now God save the one who says that Sidebar is a copy of any stupid Widget or Dashboard thingy.

FYI iMac, Aryayush was a co writer of Fast Track in Apple which came with Digit July 2007 issue. Even there was a mention of this fact since the idea of Windows Sidebar precedes both Konfaulator and Dashboard.

Actually Aryayush is a victim of poor memory management, I did not know that happens with a mac also. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
FYI iMac, Aryayush was a co writer of Fast Track in Apple which came with Digit July 2007 issue. Even there was a mention of this fact since the idea of Windows Sidebar precedes both Konfaulator and Dashboard.
I had absolutely no idea about this. Foolish me.

But, I am not surprised. Microsoft has always had their finger on the pulse before anyone else, only never been able to execute efficiently. Online Office Suite was discussed by the Microsoft top order long before Google docs came into existence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom