Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ah. what GPU do you have.

*www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17606069&postcount=200

this guy says:

Spent a few hours with the PC version now. Yes, ATI cards have some issues at the moment it seems, but nothing as bad as what posters above are saying. I am running a X2 550 and a 4870 with 4 gigs of ram. I tried a few different setups everything from everything maxed to no AA and medium settings. With no AA on my fps goes from 60-50, it drops as I go up of course but with everything maxed it's still above 30fps at all times. I just locked the frame rate to 30 through the config file and maxed it all out until a fix is in place, be it driver or patch. I did not really notice a lack of graphic options, it has the standard stuff you would expect. I do wish you could turn off the cockpit blur though.

I am enjoying the game quite a bit though. It's just the right mix of sim and arcade for me. I can't play a GT game for more than 15 minutes, and I lasted maybe an hour with Forza 2. The cockpit view is the reason to play this game though. The game feels and looks great in motion behind the wheel, and with the sound cranked it is just an awesome ride.

Here are some screens I grabbed with fraps btw (Don't mind the jpg compression, it looks much better in motion)

let me test it out in my rig tonight!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ah. what GPU do you have.
let me test it out in my rig tonight!!
I have an HD4850. I tried switching OFF shadows and lowering motion blur detail, but it still hovers in 28-30 range. It drops when you have more amount of vehicles on track. Trust me, GriD was far better than this game in every aspect. Not only did it look 10x better, but played smoothly at highest settings as well. Then again this is just opinion, so don't let that hinder your buying process. Play it and enjoy it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ah okay. I heard that there is fps lock at 30fps on this game in some forums. anyways, I will send a query to EA regarding the same.

will update you by 8pm today!

dinjo_jo

Padawan
Guys check this out RE5 Realistic Graphic Mod.

*www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,694567...eries-Mod-choose-your-favorite-look/Practice/

@Ethan - Can you try this out i will try it when i reach home tonight.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Guys check this out RE5 Realistic Graphic Mod.

*www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,694567...eries-Mod-choose-your-favorite-look/Practice/

@Ethan - Can you try this out i will try it when i reach home tonight.
Woah! Tried that mod and it looks stunning now. It has removed/reduced that yellow tint in the game and has added more natural colours. I'll post screenshots later. Have to leave now.

Here are 2 screenshot to begin with:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46502_hwfi8/RE5DX9%202009-09-16%2018-04-12-96.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46503_sg562/RE5DX9%202009-09-16%2018-04-57-29.jpg

Last edited:

angie

At last the devil is here
now on mission 5 in dmc.
just installed batman arkham...
keyboard controls not working... anyone knows about this???

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Is it scary, Ethan? Please tell me. Anyway, I've got nothin' to play! Just Bionic Commando & Section 8. Hell! I need to buy NFS: SHIFT, RF: G, Batman and most probably RE5.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
RE will not scar you by demons.. When i was playing RE4 i use to scare about running out of ammo and health. And those filthy zombies never scared me. But boy.. Doom3, fear, Dead Space.. they made me scared.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
guys, I just played 3 races and it was super smooth, everything at high with 2xAA and high detail. This game just rocks. There is lot to try.

Every move is counted.
how you crash other cars is counted
Cornering is counted
how you drift is counted
how you follow racing line is counted.

I am happy that I bought this game.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
After playing for some time, I feel that the tracks resemble those in GRID (obvious as they are real world tracks) but everything else is just terrific and the crashes, damn!!!

NFS Shift on MX-5021 and with xbox 360 controller is the fcking way to go!!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Ethan_Hunt- read your reviews on RE5. Your comment made me irresistible to get this game. Managed to get the xbox 360 controller from one of my buddy as he is going for wireless one. Will install and play RE4 and RE5 :p

BTW, as you said RE5 works wonder with KB and mouse I will try that 1st :p

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
The RE5 realistic mod sucks ! the game looks cheap ! i prefer the default yellow it compliments the game well! :)

and ppl what framerates could i get on NFS shift with y config? cos lossyrepack out and i r gonna dl it!

@topgear - did the sound format change work for prototype?

@Nvidiageek if you have a decent net connec - you cold possibly dl NFS shift in 6 hrs max! pointless to buy it !

game worth spendin money on - DEAD SPACE , FEAR 2 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom