Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The time has finally come, after a long wait, I can now peacefully play the most superior version of Resident Evil 5. Yes the PC version is officially kick-ass and how? Read on.

For those who ran the benchmarks, it's pretty much the same performance you can expect in the full game. I cranked up everything to Max settings and even set it to 8X AA. I can easily get 50-60fps indoors. In heavy action sequences, it pretty stable at 40fps, has minor stutters on rare occasions.

The game look awesome and read my lips, it's much sharper and extremely detailed compared to the consoles. I just started off with the initial level and it was a breeze finally controlling the game through mouse and keyboard. So how is the mouse and keyboard controls, you all may ask? Well, it's awesome. Capcom have finally got it right and properly integrated it's support in the game. I found the mouse sensitivity a bit low though. Also you have to stop to aim properly. You can't move your mouse to a whole 360 degree angle whilst holding down the any of the WSAD keys. You need to let go off them to aim move the mouse fluidly. The mapping is done perfectly, no issues there.

I can't type any more as I desperately need to get back to the game. It's something I've been waiting for a long time to play. All I can say is, Thank you Capcom, you're simply the best of the best. Feel free to drop any queries folks, I'll get back to you with it.

Screenshots:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46393_vxaie/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-03-00-79.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46394_mvtsm/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-03-50-87.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46395_36azf/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-08-29-21.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46396_7ibb5/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-10-51-81.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46397_fgt2e/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-13-00-18.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46398_b9kg9/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-13-58-53.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46399_lzbvi/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-18-12-28.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46400_nplex/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-20-13-46.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46401_mvjc5/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-20-21-04.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46402_cupya/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-21-43-65.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46403_18i09/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-25-34-67.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46405_wixzc/RE5DX9%202009-09-15%2014-25-37-71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ Ethan

Does the whole game sheva will be there ???

In the wat is the difference from RE4 to RE5 ?? leave of the grafix !! gameplay thrilling , adventures , variety of weapons ??

most probably how is the story line ??

@Ethan....No offence but are you alright? Getting enough sleep lately? I mean you got a freakin modded Xbox 360 and still you're playing all the new games on PC. C'mon mate!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
allwyn bhai might be cursing Mayans.. why they haven't made 48 hours a day. :wink:

I am now on blacklist 8. Guess what... my driving skills improved tremendously after playing Grid. Now i can breeze any race. But I am lagging in the drag races. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Ethan....No offence but are you alright? Getting enough sleep lately? I mean you got a freakin modded Xbox 360 and still you're playing all the new games on PC. C'mon mate!
I bought the 360 to play only console exclusive titles. Multi-platform titles are best played on PC. And being a PC gamer and a console gamer for years now, I can safely say that a PC is probably the best gaming platform. There is no way on earth I would abandon PC gaming. Not even if there was to be a PS4 release slated tomorrow. BTW I have plenty of titles loaded for my 360, so I'm good to go for it. I just need to manage some time now to toggle between PC and 360 titles. The backlog has grown significantly considering the downpour of games we had this month. I guess it stops once I get NFS: sh*t, oh pardon me, shift and probably Halo ODST for 360. ;-)

@damngoodman999: Sheva sticks with you throughout the game. How can you leave your partner behind?

Difference between this and RE4, well it's a tough catch actually. I loved RE4 right from the beginning. It was a blend of true horror and action. This is pure action and you don't have much horrifying moments (at least not yet). The core gameplay remains the same, nothing changes. Weapons haven't changed much, I currently have M92F handgun, H&K MP5 machine gun and have given Sheva the VZ61 machine gun. There a lots more to come from what I saw on the Internet.

Basically, it's RE4 with higher graphical bump and a African location. The game is undoubtedly fun. If you have enjoyed RE4 then this won't disappoint much. The only f*cking downside to this game is that Capcom for some stupid reason decided to leave out offline split screen co-op for this game. This is an insanely stupid move. I was looking forward to completing this with my brother, but guess what there is only an online co-op option. The storyline isn't anything epic, so it's the usual cheesy zombie drama which you don't need much detail on. Just get the game and play it. Rest will follow.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yee haa. In less than few hours, Will be playing NFS Shift. Download from EA Store is currently in progress and by the rate it is going, the download will complete in just few hours, in time to start playing by EOD today at home :)

Extremely simple way of purchasing and downloading from EA Store.

I feel that it's better than purchasing a hard copy.

I hope that this games lives up to the huge positive reviews that it recieved!!

channabasanna

In the zone
yee haa. In less than few hours, Will be playing NFS Shift. Download from EA Store is currently in progress and by the rate it is going, the download will complete in just few hours, in time to start playing by EOD today at home :)

Extremely simple way of purchasing and downloading from EA Store.

I feel that it's better than purchasing a hard copy.

I hope that this games lives up to the huge positive reviews that it recieved!!

desiibond, how much did you pay to directly buy from EA Store. Any idea of the system requirement's. Does it run in my system (i hope my Graphics Card supports) to play in minimum details at least. Right now not able to buy a new Graphics Card (a GTX 260 atleast) to play recent and new games :(.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
paid 999/- for the game.

EA says:

Supported Video Cards

* ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB or greater
* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB or greater.

Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz or faster

dinjo_jo

Padawan
^ Dont buy games from EA Stores they have a history of bad reputation where if in case you want to download the game again after a year they will charge you again beware.

Anyone tried the Batman Arkham Asylum Pc Patch which enables Phsyx

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ That's okay as I keep my games very carefully and I have a bad reputation of not playing game more than once.

But I will certainly keep this in my mind. Thanks a ton for informing the same.

so, steam is better choice right?

This one I downloaded coz I am yet to find the game in stores and I just can't wait to get my hands on this one.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The only f*cking downside to this game is that Capcom for some stupid reason decided to leave out offline split screen co-op for this game. This is an insanely stupid move. I was looking forward to completing this with my brother, but guess what there is only an online co-op option.

You mean multiplayer co op is only available online ? not even on LAN !! I dont miss split screen but no LAN support will be a bummer.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@Ethan - Don't forget to tell me if there are any jumpin'-my-a*s-off moments, OK? And how's RF: G?

@desii - Oh! Man, I can't wait to lay my hands on SHIFT, darn! NFS' THE best racin' genre of all time. GRID came & won award just in the year 2006-7, but NFS' got history people, history! Hell I can't wait!

How's RE5 & RF: G, people?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You mean multiplayer co op is only available online ? not even on LAN !! I dont miss split screen but no LAN support will be a bummer.
LAN co-op is available I believe, but split screen is off.

I'm removing Need for Speed: Shift. ATI users, bad new for us, this game rapes (I literally mean it) the card in and out. It's an unoptimised garbage. Don't want to disappoint the pumped up NFS fans, but I wanted to check what the hype was all about. I guess I was better off playing GriD. This game isn't remotely comparable to it. I'm totally confused with the reviews it has got all over the place. The game is hardly average at the best, forget being the best in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom