Find your aptitude- Programming Language Selector

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
*laroza.freehostia.com/home/
See the Language Selector for a test to see what languages you might be interested in learning.

Purpose:
  • Give some advice on what programming language(s) to learn based on various factors
  • To end the debate, because we all know that if it is on the web, it must be true.
Notes:
  • The advice found here isn't set in stone. It is mostly my opinion and advice, that was formed by my interactions with other programmers and my experiences in learning.
  • Each language links to the One True Source's article on them.
  • There are thousands of programming languages, the ones listed here are well known, but there are many more.
available LANG options:
Assembly

C

C++

Erlang

Forth

Fortran

Java

Lisp

Perl

PHP

Python

Ruby

Shell

slugger

Banned
its pretty good/accurate

it suggested - Lisp, C and Java

Lisp - I learnt autoLisp last year and quite enjoyed it, tho a lil' outta prcatise

C - again lernt but outta touch

Java - thts the odd one out [dint bother lookin thru it]

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I got odd ones :?

Assembly
Forth
Lisp

Off those, I only like Assembly, weird.

I'd select Python, C and Assembly off that list :p

clmlbx

Technomancer
how to take this test.

when i click on that link it asks to download the file.........with unknows extention.........

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Maybe his server has not set mime type properly and IE is too intelligent. Ask your dad to use firefox or opera.
Its company's lappy given for use temporarily and we r not allowed to install ne third party s/w except for device drivers and anti-malware.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I got results as:

Assembly >> dats one of ma favorite :)
Forth
Lisp
^^wat d heck r these??!!!!!!...... :confused:

dat site is telling lies:mad:........am damn gud at C and C++, they did even mentioned them for me :cry:....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Its company's lappy given for use temporarily and we r not allowed to install ne third party s/w except for device drivers and anti-malware.
So, they expect firefox to damage the system? tell them it's an anti-malware since IE attracts a lot of malware and using firefox prevents it.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I got odd ones :?

Assembly
Forth
Lisp

Off those, I only like Assembly, weird.

I'd select Python, C and Assembly off that list :p

I got the same ones too....

But I prefer :

C++ : (allready know it!)

Assembly : Learning rite now...