Fast Track 2.0?

Your thoughts about Fast Track

• It's perfect, leave it the way it is!

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • A little colour and better paper would go a long way.

Votes: 103 52.0%
  • Make it a Colour, Interactive PDF on the DVD.

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Replace it with a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Just end it, I hate it.

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
go to pdf .here are many including me who don't care for cd or dvd's......... and we subscribe only for mag .so it will be better if u also start pdf system so u can give away the links ( every month digit pdf ) for some lesser amount ( like RS 50 pm.). it will be awesome .....next month is my last digit and I am not subscribing it again .so if u start this then I will surely get this..........

saigalp

Broken In
Since you vociferously advocate free software, would it not be a good idea to include open office in Fast track?

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
I believe that the paper quality as well as images in the fast track need to be improved. One suggestion i would give is instead of having the smaller size with more pages it would be better to have a normal A4 sized Fast Track with comparatively less number of pages of improved quality. :)

Last edited:

devilz666

Broken In
I selected 'Replace it with a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD.'

nothing beats an interactive DVD when it comes to learning new stuff. and i guess that's what fast track is for.

Actually I don't care much if things remain the way they are, or book is improved a bit or it is turned into an interactive DVD but PDF is something I won't really appritiate. It's pain to read books on PDF and if I have to do that then I'll rather d/l a free dedicated tutorial (pirated :p) than buy digit for the content of fast track that is avaiable on PDF

din

Tribal Boy
Nothing can replace the print.

It may be cost saving idea - to make it in DVD, but please keep the print copy even if you include it in DVD.

Regarding paper quality, can quite understand as it is coz of the paper cost. So in my opinion, please do not KILL Fast Track. Please leave it as it is.

oPTION # 2,
a li'l colour and better paper (though they wud make it heavy both on our pockets & hands.....) could do just the thing....but I must say that the Fast Track's are really really good.......

gaurangsaini

the rising chip
Fast-Track is perfect right now...changing it would rob it's "reference-book" feel. Although a bit of colour in life never hurts anyone.

suggestions

Cmon people! Whatever happened to NETWORKING ? I've been expecting it since eons! Come to think of it...these terms-DNS, IP, PACKETS, GATEWAY, DDoS, NETWORK SHARING, A/VDSL, PORTS...there's so much more...even the NETWORK PROPERTIES dialog box looks intimidating to amateurs and for every little issue & net setting, contacting the Admin's a must! You might think that there're many out there who already know all this, but how many must be knowing what to do with the SUBNET MASK field or how to create a workgroup and what IS its purpose or what exactly is a fileserver and the ways to set it up...the absence of a Fast Track which caters to all these demands might create a big void in the collection. What say evrybdy?
This issue should've been released long back as Networking is something everyone needs to know and is something not everyone is familiar with!

I still think I haven't been able to stress enough on this topic..I hope you guys are listening!

qarch

Going green anyone?
Considering the cost factor for the publisher and the need to keep the price of the mag in check, I selected the second option "A little colour and better paper would go a long way." I would like to have them in my library as a sort of referral material. It is too good to be a 'read once then throw it away' material. PDF version of the same in ful colour may also be included in the DVD.

ARJOT SINGH

Broken In
hey guys fast track is good as it is.
but i would really appreciate it if u can give a full fast track on "learning fedora from scratch"

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
I'll go with option# 3. The images in PDF of past mag when viewd on PC look better than those in the print version.
I only hoped there ws some colour in PDF version. But there should be the book, fr reason of portablity, coz i don't hav a laptop to read it while travelling or when away from home. If i had a laptop i would have selected the option#4

toofan

Technomancer
Heloo Raboo,
I opted for option one and I will tell you why.

1. Fast track in current formate is a much cheaper option for you.

2. The money you save by not using quality paper/color print can be used to reduce the advertisements from the main magazine or to reduce the price of main magazine.

3. One more suggestion you can add some advertisements in the fast track's cover and end pages to have some earning by which you can reduce the price of special issues from Rs 200 to Rs 150 or even Rs 125 .And give some more space to Agent 001.

4. If you wish you can add advertisements in between also but for this you will have to increase the quality of paper and add some colour to it.I think that this will neutralize the income made by adv.

So leave the fast track as it is, if you want add some useful advertisements in cover pages and at the end of article only.

If you can reduce the price of your magazine reduce it because the price doesn't justify the content you provide in your magazine.

Vimal Joshi
nainital

the knowledge power bundled in fast track

;)I literally purchase digit's fast track and not the digit magazine, each fast track is worth a penny and a good source to our every day refernce library, hope digit bring more topic on computer hanging and restart problems, where is the culprit, digit gives the answer and I will wait for them to say on this.

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
Hey the new Fast Track adds real valur to the MAg can u continue the mag in color or it is only for the month of July.

meerasugu

Right off the assembly line
A next-generation mobile recording interface the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra features high-speed USB 2.0 technology for advanced performance. This advanced interface delivers simultaneous 8x8 24-bit/96kHz audio via M-Audio's rock-solid low-latency drivers so you can record and route lots of audio. Like FireWire USB 2.0 delivers the high bandwidth necessary for professional 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution throughout the recording and monitoring process.
----------------------------
nickysam
social media marketing

prateekdwivedi1

The Game.
it's just awesome.fast track was already the best handy guide that i could lay my hands on to my day to day technology solutions and now it's even colored adding more to its graphic appeal than ever.you people have done a real stupendous job.fast track was formerly brains and now it is beauty with brains.

linux_ubuntu

iL6>Tushar
i voted for "A little colour and better paper would go a long way" hard copy better you can read in Bathroom toooooo i use too :rolleyes::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom