Fast Track 2.0?

Your thoughts about Fast Track

• It's perfect, leave it the way it is!

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • A little colour and better paper would go a long way.

Votes: 103 52.0%
  • Make it a Colour, Interactive PDF on the DVD.

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Replace it with a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Just end it, I hate it.

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Here's a question: how many of you read Fast Track when you're away from your PC? I'm not talking about exceptions like Tech Jargon or History of Computing - that's just pure knowledge - I'm talking about Fast Tracks related to software.

When I was learning 3ds max, I found it much easier to read an online tutorial and Alt + Tab to 3ds instead of sitting with the 3dsmax Bible on my lap. Ditto C# during my training at my last job - I'd much rather have MSDN at my disposal than any book.

This has no relation to the future of Fast Track; just wanted to know.

Pathik

Google Bot
+1.. Wen it comes to pc related stuff, it is better to learn it and do it side-by-side.. Paperbacks r needed only 4 theory.

abhijitsam

Broken In
I vote for Better paper quality and colour printing.
Also, make the size of the booklet bigger to accomodate better illustrations.
For some topics like Maya, 3DsMax, Assembling a PC, Photoshop include video tutorials in the DVD that supplement the fasttrack.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I voted for the 2nd option.
I too feel that it should be made colourful & good quality paper must be used.
Regarding PDF on DVD,it won't help to read on commute unless you own a laptop or a smartphone.
Also reading a book has it's own pleasure.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Hey how about this option ....
It's perfect, leave it the way it is! +a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD. .....

It would cool if digit would provide the hard copy as well as comprehensive multimedia..... tutorial on the DVD. .....

blackpearl

The Devil
Here's a question: how many of you read Fast Track when you're away from your PC? I'm not talking about exceptions like Tech Jargon or History of Computing - that's just pure knowledge - I'm talking about Fast Tracks related to software.

When I was learning 3ds max, I found it much easier to read an online tutorial and Alt + Tab to 3ds instead of sitting with the 3dsmax Bible on my lap. Ditto C# during my training at my last job - I'd much rather have MSDN at my disposal than any book.

I agree that when you are working on a software then online guides are much better and quicker than a book. But often when I try to read some tutorials online, I click on way too many links with the result that I drift away from the original topic that I had intended to read. I end up reading lots of other stuff and at the end I still don't know what I wanted to know. For instance, a few months ago I developed an interest in Maya. When I used to go to any tutorial site instead of focussing on basic stuff I got attracted to animation and rendering. I still don't know how to model properly. For people like me, a book is much better. They don't allow you to stray.

Lets see:

essential windows tools
gaming
linux
mobile telephoney
upgrade your PC
apple

these are just a few fast track names I can remember reading on the book. The book IS much better than an ebook. Besides, you can always give an ebook version too for the sake of it. Books have the advantage of being able to be read anywere and don't need you to drink electricity on your new machine. Even if there is a power failure, Books can be read by the candle light.

I say books are always better than ebooks in most general situations. e-books are handy, but not in a majority of cases. I thought you were an old-timer, FatBeing, then howcome you are a supporter of "neo-style" e-books?(just a joke, no offence intended)

Well, option 2 would obviously be a LOT more expensive, and might either impact the quantity of content or the price of the package.

I'm not saying that we're changing anything, but we are interested in knowing your thoughts about this. We just need regular feedback from you guys to make sure about what we're getting right, and more importantly, if we're getting some things wrong.

Regardless of all of this, you can still be sure that you're getting the best bang for your buck with Digit.

Raaabo
if thats the case, just keep it as it is, or market the FTs indivudually. trust me, you will have lots of buyers.

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
"Replace it with a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD."

A interactive flash tutorial will be good...

Thats exactly why I suggested Multimedia Content on DVD...

Right now most Digit readers still dont have Internet/Fast Internet (most of them buy digit because of this since they cant download softwares...)

So interactive tutorial can be a nice way of learning in this case...

As far as I am concerned I always read fast track when I m close to PC so I can try things right away...

Last edited:

Abheek

Broken In
I Selected the Third option.

That way we can not only make it easier to store but also save paper.

But just as u had replied to a reader a long time back, nothing can replace the convenience of reading a fast track in the bus or train (in the toilet even!!!):) :)

But just as u had replied to a reader a long time back, nothing can replace the convenience of reading a fast track in the bus or train (in the toilet even!!!):) :)

So there are still some guys with me... Anyone else getting their asses stuck in the toilet seat due to long durations of reading books while being overweight?(one person who fits this bill is ________________)

PikachuTrAiNeR

Boredom redefined.
There's no need for color either, just some better paper would work for me. ^^
And no soft copy pweeze. :3 It's just an irreplaceable read. If I wanted a soft copy, I'd get an online tutorial or even just go to Youtube. xD

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
Paper quality is not bad and color is not at all necessary. But the PDF, which you provide in the DVD, if it will be in color then it will be better. If you try to increase the paper quality and color, it will be heavy on our pockets (you have to spend more money and you need to increase price, which we can not afford) and hand. It is small and beautiful. And please don't put ads int it except cover pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom