coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Jason seems to have a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like Vaas. If you let his friends go now, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, He will not pursue you. But if you don't, he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

:mrgreen:

source: 100+ Things You've Learned™ Playing Far Cry 3!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
when outpost has dogs and my stock of animal repellant syringe is empty, it becomes a really tough task.
but when the freed rabid dogs start chasing you instead (happened with me 2-3 occasion), it becomes a nightmare.

does the death from below skills require a ledge or climbable surface? in the whole game only a single privateer was taken down this way when i was in a river. the takedown button almost never appears.
i eliminate dogs first in outposts...they detect & cool down after some time...

yes death from below needs a ledge (enemy above u ;) )

Myth

Cyborg Agent
i eliminate dogs first in outposts...they detect & cool down after some time...

yes death from below needs a ledge (enemy above u ;) )

As compared to sentries, dogs have a larger area of detection. Use stones ( one farther than the previous ) to lure them away while not disturbing the sentries. Kill them.
For each sentry or dog, use different directions for throwing the stones. Corpses also alert them.

PS: I prefer the 1500xp, or else I try again.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
As compared to sentries, dogs have a larger area of detection. Use stones ( one farther than the previous ) to lure them away while not disturbing the sentries. Kill them.
For each sentry or dog, use different directions for throwing the stones. Corpses also alert them.

PS: I prefer the 1500xp, or else I try again.

u can't hide a dog's corpse...but u can hide the human bodies..
the stone throw I used for them & silent takedown + hide...

snipers above the tower can be killed easily using the sniper (w/o disturbing/alerting others)
& me too also prefer undetected outpost else retry...

Myth

Cyborg Agent
u can't hide a dog's corpse...but u can hide the human bodies..
the stone throw I used for them & silent takedown + hide...

snipers above the tower can be killed easily using the sniper (w/o disturbing/alerting others)
& me too also prefer undetected outpost else retry...

Hiding human bodies is possible only in case of takedowns. Cant do anything else with the body if killed any other way. Or is there ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hiding human bodies is possible only in case of takedowns. Cant do anything else with the body if killed any other way. Or is there ?

no need to hide bodies. alarms are activated only if you shoot a pirate and someone else saw him getting shot. this is the reason i hate dogs as there are like 4-6 dogs and shooting one dog means rest of the pack charges at you or someone saw you doing the crime. if the guards get alerted i either run to the nearest alarm and deactivate it or blow up the alarm towards which the guard was running. once done, it is wild shooting + grenade cooking all the way.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
no need to hide bodies. alarms are activated only if you shoot a pirate and someone else saw him getting shot. this is the reason i hate dogs as there are like 4-6 dogs and shooting one dog means rest of the pack charges at you or someone saw you doing the crime. if the guards get alerted i either run to the nearest alarm and deactivate it or blow up the alarm towards which the guard was running. once done, it is wild shooting + grenade cooking all the way.

I do remember the pirates exclaiming stuff like 'holy crap' when they see a slain comrade's corpse :razz:
Will check this again once I get home.

gameranand

Living to Play
Jason seems to have a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like Vaas. If you let his friends go now, that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, He will not pursue you. But if you don't, he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

nice one. :lol::lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
when outpost has dogs and my stock of animal repellant syringe is empty, it becomes a really tough task.
but when the freed rabid dogs start chasing you instead (happened with me 2-3 occasion), it becomes a nightmare.

I personally hate dogs .. so shooting at them using buckshots gives me the wild pleasure ;-)

:mrgreen:

source: 100+ Things You've Learned™ Playing Far Cry 3!

great find and I guess Vaas was in Human Trafficking business ... so even if somehow Vass let Jason's friends go they should work all together ( co-op fun, anyone ? ) to stop this ******* *******.

heidi2521

Padawan
*i.imgur.com/A5aDvHc.jpg

It looks like Blood Dragon wasn't an April fools joke and leaked footage has appeared. The original video has already been taken down on copyright grounds.

moltenskull

Journeyman
I just got Far Cry 3 . New to Uplay-so I am asking this question,Should I download all patches 1.01-1.05 or just the latest patch (1.05)?Or launching the game will trigger all patches to download,like Steam?

gameranand

Living to Play
I just got Far Cry 3 . New to Uplay-so I am asking this question,Should I download all patches 1.01-1.05 or just the latest patch (1.05)?Or launching the game will trigger all patches to download,like Steam?

It will trigger the patch download. Also you'll only need 1.05 FYI. :)

moltenskull

Journeyman
Thanks,gameranand. :) Is it a good game?Was getting MOHW for 500 (I believe it is still the same price at Flipkart),but since this game's single player has got so many good reviews,I decided to go for it.Also,have heard that this game has some performance issues and the multiplayer is not good (actually saw the IGN review on Youtube),that is why was postponing it's purchase .Saw it in stock after quite some time,so bought it immediately on Diwali. :)

moltenskull

Journeyman
Ok,really eager to play this game now.But downloading the patch from Ubisoft resulted in a corrupt download,twice,thanks to my internet turning on and off,throughout the day. :( Let's hope it goes okay this time.

moltenskull

Journeyman
Thanks ,but I am going to wait and see if it fails this time,then I will Google it.27 Long Minutes left for the download to complete ... Actually the issue is my Internet connection..it's a problem at the ISP's end ...Will be rectified latest by tomorrow .

Top Bottom