topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
like Zangetsu has mentioned the game has many things to learn about wildlife and nature which I've not seen on many games .. hell, what was the last game which has such plethora of infos ?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Finally completed this game.

One word...awesome game deserves a GOTY

Here's my status:99%
All Radio Towers Activated
All Missions Completed
All Side-Quests Completed
All 120 Relics found <-- this takes too much time but worth finding
All Memory Cards
All Trials of Rakyat Completed (some of them are superb)
All Letters of the Lost found
All Outposts Liberated
All Supply Drop Quests Completed
All Skills Acquired
All Path of the Hunter Quests done
All Wanted Dead Completed
Only 1 weapons is not found (I dnt know which one :() thats y its 99%....showing 42/43 Weapons

Nice!!! thats dedication!! i left off at around 67%... :\

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ bomb dropping monkey quest? you mean monkey business DLC?

Yeah...monkey business...I saw in it the poster of Deluxe Edition of FC3 (or its a DLC to download separately??)

like Zangetsu has mentioned the game has many things to learn about wildlife and nature which I've not seen on many games .. hell, what was the last game which has such plethora of infos ?
Exactly..FC2 had some of the wild animals which can be killed but not skinning & handbook info about them....
I miss the terrain effects of FC2..of all the animals I was scared of sudden Croc Attacks,Shark attacks are also freaky

@zangetsu : that last weapon is a unlock via uplay. it's a magnum I think.
Magnum..is a revolver I guess..I unlocked it already

Nice!!! thats dedication!! i left off at around 67%... :\
Hmm...I love all FarCry games..Dunia Engine is surprisingly good & well optimized (if u neglect 1 or 2 bugs)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam: yeah,I saw Moray Eel...which is of yellow color..but u won't find it near..u have to dive deep down

you are a much hardcore adventurer than me ;)

i compared my animal list to that of one listed in farcry3 wiki and only monkeys & eels are missing. monkeys can't be killed unless the DLC is completed or one shoot the monkeys in the small village from outside the campus which i have tried multiple times but can't find one once you exit the compound.

Zangetsu

i compared my animal list to that of one listed in farcry3 wiki and only monkeys & eels are missing. monkeys can't be killed unless the DLC is completed or one shoot the monkeys in the small village from outside the campus which i have tried multiple times but can't find one once you exit the compound.
those monkeys in amanaki town can't be killed coz u can't takeout ur weapon there....but there is one monkey roaming around in underground basement...while doing main-missions which u can kill for skinning & handbook ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
those monkeys in amanaki town can't be killed coz u can't takeout ur weapon there....but there is one monkey roaming around in underground basement...while doing main-missions which u can kill for skinning & handbook ;)

i read somewhere that you can kill monkey from outside the amanaki town but once you go outside, the monkeys simply vanish. tried multiple times but can't see any monkeys.

one thing more i seriously missed is the Gunslinger Takedown. Tried this a few times but just failed to perform. and also the chained takedown which i used only once in the whole game in the trial of rakyaat where you have to use melee.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Finally completed this game.

One word...awesome game deserves a GOTY

Here's my status:99%
All Radio Towers Activated
All Missions Completed
All Side-Quests Completed
All 120 Relics found <-- this takes too much time but worth finding
All Memory Cards
All Trials of Rakyat Completed (some of them are superb)
All Letters of the Lost found
All Outposts Liberated
All Supply Drop Quests Completed
All Skills Acquired
All Path of the Hunter Quests done
All Wanted Dead Completed
Only 1 weapons is not found (I dnt know which one :() thats y its 99%....showing 42/43 Weapons

I have liberated Maximum outposts in stealth...:mrgreen:

Rating: Graphics 10/10
Sound: 10/10
Story: 7/10
Game play 10/10

The Game Starts with Jason Brody...who is hell scared initially (the opening scene with Vaas & when Jason Escapes the mountain of Travels bags reminds me of Horror Movie Texas Chainsaw/Hills have eyes).
Every bit is entertaining...hunting,killing,stealth etc.Cut-scenes,Character Detailing :)

Ok...let me tell u all that I was wrong about in-game timer which is there actually under handbook..statistics button.
I have spent 36:14:22 in it thats 30+ hrs :-D
also in handbook I saw Moray Eel,Perch,Lizard (I dnt knw when I killed 2) & Crow (Hope u guys got them coz I've not except Lizard)

I liked Vaas pirates & their hilarious dialogues..."OMG..Tiger","Get a Job..x2 shut up b!tcH I m the Man Here...",
"It burns like a mother when I piss..shud've used a rubber..."
the pirates have a loud speaker in their vocal chords..coz u can hear them shouting from other side of the Mountain... :lol:

initially they were shouting Jason Brody..later in the game they started calling "snow white" :-o

Also the Dance Moves in the club is nice

overall an excellent game any FPS lover dnt want to miss & a must play :wink:

got both the Endings...by using the save file backup ;)

Q: did any of u continued from where it ends?coz I think there are some new side-missions also?not sure

anybody know about the Bomb-Dropping monkeys quest?

:clap2:

Zangetsu

i read somewhere that you can kill monkey from outside the amanaki town but once you go outside, the monkeys simply vanish. tried multiple times but can't see any monkeys.

one thing more i seriously missed is the Gunslinger Takedown. Tried this a few times but just failed to perform. and also the chained takedown which i used only once in the whole game in the trial of rakyaat where you have to use melee.
yes...monkeys are not visible from outside of amanaki town & AFAIK there is no other place (except the one I told) u will kill a monkey.

Gunslinger Takedown...pardon me but is it the one in which we can kill multiple enemies using the pistol of one enemy..this looks cool in tutorial view but even I haven't got the chance to use it...
I used the other knife takedown all the time & chained takedown by killing 4 enemies (W,A,S,D)

while liberating outpost...sniper killing & changing positions rapidly is what I enjoyed most

Damn you guys are killing this game like I did with DAO and ME series. :D:D

murdering it :mrgreen:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^ liberating posts using a sniper and wild animals was fun :D

when outpost has dogs and my stock of animal repellant syringe is empty, it becomes a really tough task.
but when the freed rabid dogs start chasing you instead (happened with me 2-3 occasion), it becomes a nightmare.

does the death from below skills require a ledge or climbable surface? in the whole game only a single privateer was taken down this way when i was in a river. the takedown button almost never appears.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
when outpost has dogs and my stock of animal repellant syringe is empty, it becomes a really tough task.
but when the freed rabid dogs start chasing you instead (happened with me 2-3 occasion), it becomes a nightmare.

hehe.. when freeing animals make sure you are far away :p , use silenced sniper riffle or bow to free the animals :p

Myth

Cyborg Agent
hehe.. when freeing animals make sure you are far away :p , use silenced sniper riffle or bow to free the animals :p

When freeing caged animals, my silenced sniper seems to alert the outpost sentries right away. As if there was no silencer. :(
Bow works better.

Outpost dogs are super alert/sensitive.

In the presence of a large number of sentries, I throw stones to draw one sentry away from the rest, and phuttt, snipe them from a high spot far away. Repeat for all others:D
If only a few guys are there, its mostly stealth (more fun and time taking) similar to hitman/splinter cell. :D

Top Bottom