Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@cyborg Not that I'm aware of :p

Finally exams gonna end tomorrow. Will try out FC3. What I am most concerned about is how it will run on my gpu at max settings :p

cyborg47

Technomancer
@cyborg Not that I'm aware of :p

Finally exams gonna end tomorrow. Will try out FC3. What I am most concerned about is how it will run on my gpu at max settings :p

Ah same goes with me, got a ton of work to do till sunday, FC3 only after that ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can we just agree that we have different tastes and depending on that we may like or dislike certain games/things? From a discussion point of view, it's better to have couple of guys with a different viewpoint rather than everyone chanting "this game is awesome" blabbering. From what I got, ithehappy has no problem with graphics and gameplay, but rather with the story and the fantasy/hallucination sequences which is OK IMO. Story wise this game offers little, characters are mostly hollow. I really didn't feel the connection with the characters (playing character and NPC both) unlike games like Fear and even the original Crysis. From what I have got, if you approach this game as an action-adventure/exploration kinda game rather than a hardcore fps, you will probably enjoy this game more. But then, the Far Cry name is a big deterrent.

We can always agree to disagree and move on. :)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hi! Getting a problem again ... Whenever I see at distant areas my frames get really low like less than 10 (1080p aa off) at ultra/high/very high - it doesnt make any difference but in medium or low it is 20-24 fps . Is this with everyone or is it just me .

Screenshot (I am talking about these type of views):

*i.imgur.com/G7ku1.jpg

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
err

----------------------------------------------
Release note – Patch 1.03

General fixes for the patch:

- Added Russian and Czech language support for Steam versions.
- Fixed issues for machines that have more than 32 cores.
- Fixed issues for activation keys bundled with ULC privileges. ULC content will now unlock during activation.
- Improvements to playlists and rotation for User Made maps.

looks like some server admins are misusing their powers

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi! Getting a problem again ... Whenever I see at distant areas my frames get really low like less than 10 (1080p aa off) at ultra/high/very high - it doesnt make any difference but in medium or low it is 20-24 fps . Is this with everyone or is it just me .

Screenshot (I am talking about these type of views):

Disable DOF (Depth of Field). You should see an improvement. Read this for some general optimizations:-

Far Cry 3 PC Tweak Guide | GameFront

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some may like or hate this game but that does not mean messing up forum thread :

Like the game : let's stick to the game discussion only but not about some person's personal view about this game why they did not like it - the game itself has much to discuss about with like minded fellow gamers.

hate the game : want to post feedback, do it politely and move on ! play some other game and join the related discussion thread

Mod Note : any more unnecessary offtopic arguments and there's infraction waiting !!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Can we just agree that we have different tastes and depending on that we may like or dislike certain games/things? From a discussion point of view, it's better to have couple of guys with a different viewpoint rather than everyone chanting "this game is awesome" blabbering. From what I got, ithehappy has no problem with graphics and gameplay, but rather with the story and the fantasy/hallucination sequences which is OK IMO. Story wise this game offers little, characters are mostly hollow. I really didn't feel the connection with the characters (playing character and NPC both) unlike games like Fear and even the original Crysis. From what I have got, if you approach this game as an action-adventure/exploration kinda game rather than a hardcore fps, you will probably enjoy this game more. But then, the Far Cry name is a big deterrent.

We can always agree to disagree and move on. :)

u guys should wait for my feedback also once I start playing this ;)

some may like or hate this game but that does not mean messing up forum thread :

Like the game : let's stick to the game discussion only but not about some person's personal view about this game why they did not like it - the game itself has much to discuss about with like minded fellow gamers.

hate the game : want to post feedback, do it politely and move on ! play some other game and join the related discussion thread

Mod Note : any more unnecessary offtopic arguments and there's infraction waiting !!

I agree... that discussion was extended to so many pages :|

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Disable DOF (Depth of Field). You should see an improvement. Read this for some general optimizations:-

Far Cry 3 PC Tweak Guide | GameFront

I tried this yesterday, FPS jumped from 40 to 47-48 - loved the scenery but fps would sometimes suddenly drop from 47 to 30 - it was not smooth at all. Turning it to low gives me smoother experience between 35-40 fps.

Will try again once new AMD drivers are released.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
What ??? "This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 28 seconds." he he he

Anyways...

@gameranand - nope... on 1.03... but how to verify ?

gameranand

Living to Play
I don't know how to verify. Ask someone who has completed the game but I don't know about this new patch. Seems like they released the patch for UI elements. :) Just update and confirm. :p

Just saw the official site. As of now only 1.03 is available.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Start the game, the version is shown in the starting screen at the right corner.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Yup... I'm on 1.02 and 1.03 was released yesterday and thats what is being updated.

Far Cry 3 Patch Details: Get Rid Of The HUD - PC Only - NowGamer

Far Cry 3 PC patch 1.03 available now - Far Cry 3 for PC News

Official Description goes -

"
General fixes for the patch:
Added Russian and Czech language support for Steam versions.
Fixed issues for machines that have more than 32 cores.
Fixed issues for activation keys bundled with ULC privileges. ULC content will now unlock during activation.
Improvements to playlists and rotation for User Made maps.
"

Top Bottom