Far Cry 2 --> Not just another over-hyped game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Somebody answered it already. Have you changed the controls ? If yes, then change them back to default and it will solve it. Download and install 1.01 patch for FC2. It will solve the remapping problem.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hi all...

i am on 8600 gt m on my laptop ..

the thing is at default the video setting are DX9 and some resoltuioin and the game plays welll...

but when i switch it to DX 10 ... everthing lags ... slows like hell ... i dont know wehter its due to my modded GFX driver for my 8600 M GT

anyway here is about the game

i finished crysis ... so y expectations were high for this game...

the AI is stupid .. compared to crysis ...

the game looks real but not that flushed with green as we have seen in crysis ... os the whole Africa theme .. even though a good idea ... sometimes make u feel or atleast me feel like i have been playing the game in a desert or some poorly developed game graphics..

the game just for 4 hours itself has become boring for me ... i dont know ... it just felt for me that its another FPS game with same theme as many used to come ...

i still have to agree with the new things they have bought in ... like jamming of the gun and other things .. but wht is the use ??/

the landscape is vast and now itself i would have traveled more distance than playing the game....

crysis was top notch .. and greenish ... and we had full power with that suite... :-D

anyway will play the game for some more hours and see whether my inital opinion changes .... lets see..

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Couldn't bear it. Uninstalled it almost immediately. Come to think of it, I spent a hell lot more time installing it than the time I spent playing it! :D

just got the game. Completed abt 12%. games real cool & thrilling but the gfx is nothing compared to Crysis warhd. Dunno wht wil hapn aftr some time. Now plyin dead space which is far betr. :cool:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^On an 845 IGP ? (I dunno anything about your rig but somewhere I saw a post by you which said that you had an 845 IGP).

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
The main problem of this game is that it has been names "Far Cry 2". If it had been any other name then most probably we wud have liked it. Far Cry was the best at that time and no one can recreate it now.

buzzzzrr

Broken In
tried to play the game for 2 days... didnt like the game... Boring . After FC2 I installed quantum of solous and COD5..finished both of them but cant even tried FC2 again. going to uninstall it to make space for fall out 3. :rolleyes:

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Things that irritated me:-
1) Enemies regenerate, If u kill enemies at a place, and then come back after sometime(not even 5 mins), just take a round of about 1 km and come back, u ll find em super alive....that was irritating.

2) Exxxxxaaaaaactly same Safehouses, undergrounds, APR and UFLL offices, the way they talk and all....blah

3) 50 sq km .....great......but all of the same copied....booooooo.....its like visiting one place again and again, same trees, same stones, ....

4) The day night cycle shouldve been little faster( Clear Sky's was a bit better in speed), and the DUNIA engine, the trees are supposed to grow wen u shoot-n-cut them. i cudnt observe it :(.

5) It wud have been greeeeeeeat if railways were working :).

6) The diary shudve been on screen(like map) too...and thr shud ve been different "quit" menu without diary features.

7) Underground missions were not so necessary.

8) Friends call u only wen u r given a mission(main mission), cudve been better if they call us for help(wen we r not at mission).

9) Somewat repetitive and kinda dull story.

10) Enemies again. very very poor AI, they look somewhere even with u in front of them, and even u use sniper, they all get informed at once.i still think Far Cry AI was lot better.

11) Soundtrack is good, but wen enemies are around it turns rapid, that cud be alarming us.

12) I didnt like hidden dimonds thing. It is the most repetitive part.

Good Points:-
1) FC2 successfully gives the feeling of Afrika and jungles and deserts.

2)The water looks great, really one of the best ones i ve seen. though rain effects cud be better.

3) inclusion of repairing, malaria tablets and healing friends is good.

4) Map within the game is very good.

5) Every time of the day is very well shown. that is, morning really feels morning, same with noon and evening.

6) Guns wear down as we use them, it was good, the rust and all...wow....and did u try shooting at ammo pile, it ignites the ammos.

Thats as much as i can think of now:
Please add more points

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^All your negative points are correct.

I will like to add one more to the positive :-

The game is one of the best optimised to come out in recent times :).

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
offlate around 58& complete it has become painfully slow. Why? Is my graphics card has gone crazy or some other thing.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
are u nearby Goka falls, coz near Goka falls it became really slow for me.....

Friends, dont get over excited abt 50 km square......it seems a big number but actually the map is 5km in width and 10 km in length...thats all

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
..........:mad:i started playing last week two days for 6 hours , i ve expected this is one of best game of the year yesterday and today i got headache after playing half an hour , such an idiot game .... same same same kind of missions "no advanced weapon" same type of cars "stupid color on the game " desert making me stressed out ....:mad:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Don't you think the title of this thread is misleading now :p
It could be yet another over-hyped sh!te

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom