Far Cry 2 --> Not just another over-hyped game

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yup, audio is boring, even nfs mw had more voice overs (cop radiio:p).
they keep repaetingthe same aduido over & over again. "i dont wanna die, i dont wanna die, i dont wanna die, i wanna go home. ahhhhhhh" :x

damn. i have to waste so much ammo coz these retard AI.
i liked Crysis & Warhead more, that jungle was a lot better than this, cars were better.

what realism this game has? that picking out bullet thing?
waste of time:|

btw, FC2 cud have used euphoria AI physics engine. that wud have added much more rea;ity.

i feel gta4 will have more realism:p

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^gta4:p

@t159, seriously.:p i mean it.

the cars have more damage, physics, , tyres pop:p.......
you can push a ai ped in it:p, you can PUNCH:lol:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^gta4:p

@t159, seriously.:p i mean it.

the cars have more damage, physics, , tyres pop:p.......
you can push a ai ped in it:p, you can PUNCH:lol:
guess you might want to see this one :D
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUDUA7M2lM

:rolleyes:

go4saket

I have a problem... Whenever I take/use any of the installed gun (LMV or something), it takes the gun without any problem but then doesnt leave the gun at all. How can I leave the gun so that I can move ahead.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Today on my way to college, I was listening to "Barra Barra" the song featured in earlier Farcry 2 promo and it reminded me of both Farcry 2 and Black Hawk Down, in whos OST it is present. So i realised few things about FC2 wwhich i want to share with u guys and if possible mail 'em to the devs of the game too.

1. The concept of game is taken off from various Holly wood flicks thus making the whole concept dull and half-baked. If u r lifting off "The Jackal" from the movie "The Jackal" then atleast give us more interaction with the character, WTF are those Jackal tapes finding which is like lookin' for a needle in a haystack.
  2. If u show that player is being paid in Blood diamonds then where the F are the diamond mines?
  3. Where the hell are the child soldiers?
  4. Where the hell are the civillians?
  5. Animal life needs more variety, what the F happened, did Lions and Cheetah became so endangered that even putting them in a game was a problem?
  6. In one mission we are tasked with destruction of APR propoganda radio vehicle. Y the hell didn't they include actual propganda radio from both the sides, thus allowing us to tune into them while driving at snail pace in the bland Africa of theirs. Could have included some rap or folk African songs in the radio to provide authenticity to it
  7. Y the hell do both sides toll tag player's @r$e even if he is workin for the one side?
I just think Farcry 2 needs a lot of polishing and Ubi$oft released it before it was completely cooked off! :evil:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@t159, that gta4 vid.:p c'mon its GTA:p:p:p

all i said was fc2 shud use advanced ai engine like Euphoria, this way not only those retard AI's wud do something other than just shooting "paul's/whoever's" arse:p, but animals wud put up a fight, rather than die like that:p:lol:

i still rofl at that animal ai video LOOOOOL
[vid link = *www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GCNaGS1_Y ]

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@T15

just kiddin man.....

^^The AI is not at all good, the enemies all attack at once, and they all get informed abt up iiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeediately as one sees... and sometimes even if u stand infront of them they ll be lookin for us

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Ok, I didn't like Far Cry 2 too much.
To me it's over hyped. I've not completed the game and uninstalled it after playing about 8 hours.
I did like Crysis better than this. This is why I didn't like FC2.

environment
FC2 has 30 (or 50?) sq. km open world and every inch of it looks same. OTOH, Crysis, despite based on a single island event - has different locations in almost every level.

Game story - WTF this is an Action game.
FPS games has nothing to offer in game play except action. If you get any long & rigid story (like, FC1, crysis, GoW etc.) - that is simply value for the money. Generally FPS games are linear in nature - so can't complain about game play or story. FC2 has simplest story in recent year's action games. Find & kill The jackal.

Action Graphics & Multiplay - thats all about Action genre
It's the action & graphics & weapons - that holds the key for single player FPS. Multi play is the another key area for FPS games (UT, Q3Arena etc).

What FC2 fails? - it fails to provide players a good amount of action. 50% of FC2 is spent in vehicle, 20% in walking, 10% managing inventory/repairing, 10% in dialog & 10% is in action. C'mon Ubisoft - do you think People will pay $60 for this crap?

It has 9 playable characters but not a single character has some unique value to play with. Every time you'll be repeating yourself.

How many players will be buying games JUST ONLY for stunning graphics? (I agree that FC2 graphics is awesome and good competitor of Crysis series. )
It's better to watch NatGeo or Discovery channel in 40" LCD TV.

FC2 isn't a bad game but it's not a $60 value game.
No matter how much score can IGN or Gamespot gives it, FC2 didn't do justice to the franchise.
Those who buy originals and don't play online, should stay away from this hyped game.

PS: Thanks to Internet - I saved my Rs. 2500/-

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well i just started playing fc2 today and wanted to say a lot of things.. but u guys have already said it all.. :)

go4saket

seems like no one has an answer to my problem... Trying to post it again...

Whenever I take/use any of the installed gun (LMV or something), it takes the gun without any problem but then doesnt leave the gun at all. How can I leave the gun so that I can move ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom