Far Cry 2 --> Not just another over-hyped game

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Now its my turn..
Finished the game yesterday and I must say that the end of the game was nice. But there were many things in the game which were not needed at all.
1) Malaria: How the hell was it related to the storyline. Every now and then, player got an attack of malaria which went out once a pill was popped.
2) Underground: Again who needed this organisation??? Except supplying the medicine of malaria what was the need of it?
3) Such a huge number of guard posts: The guard posts were there in almost every nook and corner of the map. An killing the guards became one real pain in the @$$. After first 15-20 minutes, I stopped paying any heed to the posts and drove past all of them.
4) Diamond briefcases: What was the point of giving of 1,2 or 3 diamonds in the briefcase. 221 briefcases... are you kidding me?? Who the hell has the time and patience to search them all. A better idea would have been 20-30 briefcases with each of them having around 12-15 diamonds.
5) So few weapon shops: Both the towns had only 3-4 weapon shops and they too were at the extremes. These couldve been situated better. And the missions given by the owners sucked big time. Same repetitive missions.

Now even the AI was not what I had expected because I had played FAR cRY. They were dumb and kinda talked to each other by telepathy. I killed a guy using machete and other guys started shooting at me, no stealth element present. The guard posts had an unlimited supply of guards.

Although the Dunia engine was great. I played the game on Very High settings on my rig(see signature) without a flaw. Although the benchmark tool gave an average framerate of 14 but even after lowering down shadows(and one other thing which I dont rememeber) to high the game was playable.

Today I will get dead space, fallout 3, left 4 dead and COD5. :))

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Far Cry 1 was so good,neither Crysis or FC2 come near it.
Did someone try online mode too?I heard people saying its one of the worst out there!

Can anyone tell how can i play the story missions with playing the stupid,boring and headpaining side missions. I have completed 12% after that the objectives appear as to go to a briefing centre and get a mission.I have gone 8 times to the briefing centres and have played 8 missons all are of no difference and my progrees is not going beyond 12%.

^the mission that are present in the crease fire zones? Thanks. Anybody tell me where i will be able to upload my game screenshots to show them here?

@ Cynosure - after i discoverd how to play the main story missions i completed the game in 2 days. The game was awesome the ending was really sad but i liked. The game is related to true stories. The game has got long travel routes which makes it really realistic game like a true like like marksman story. In the end his buddies attack him for the dimonds. At last i didnt understand why the hero destroyed himself by filling a carbattary with lots of dinamites and exploding it. And btw jackal saved my butt more than twice throwout, he was not the culprit. Over all the game was really good.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@ Cynosure - after i discoverd how to play the main story missions i completed the game in 2 days. The game was awesome the ending was really sad but i liked. The game is related to true stories. The game has got long travel routes which makes it really realistic game like a true like like marksman story. In the end his buddies attack him for the dimonds. At last i didnt understand why the hero destroyed himself by filling a carbattary with lots of dinamites and exploding it. And btw jackal saved my butt more than twice throwout, he was not the culprit. Over all the game was really good.

You high on booze ?

Thank you for Spoilers :p

Ya... I apprecite Jojo too (incidentally, Jojo is the name of my dog... no offence to the user here though :))).

Last edited:

arijit_2404

still find time for games

are you on dope when playing this f***ing game? It seems so... ;)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I can't believe people are still discussing this shitty game!! Looks like the thread's title has misled many innocent human beings into this. I blame the thread-creator!! :D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^he likes every game he plays

Dead Space is not repetitave and predictible for him, FC2 was great {WTF?!}... what else ? I think we should make him play Undercover and then ask his views :D. Maybe he will 'loves' that too...

I can't believe people are still discussing this shitty game!! Looks like the thread's title has misled many innocent human beings into this. I blame the thread-creator!! :D

The thread creator is a very good person who was mislead to start the thread because of the starting of the game. Dont blame the TC :))

Last edited:
You should never judge by the first looks of the game. Play for sometime and then you should describe. I use to complete the game and then give my reviews. I don't believe in spoil sports like you.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The thread creator is a very good person who was mislead to start the thread because of the starting of the game. Dont blame the TC :))

That is exactly why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover or a game by its intro. :D

Still, you are forgiven, Mr. Jack Carvar. :p

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
You should never judge by the first looks of the game. Play for sometime and then you should describe. I use to complete the game and then give my reviews. I don't believe in spoil sports like you.

Thanks for trusting me dude. I love trustworthy people like you.

Also lametards who dunno a sh1t about a PC or gaming and compares a C2Q with a P4 and who friggin' likes EVERY game he plays. n00b.

That is exactly why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover or a game by its intro. :D

Still, you are forgiven, Mr. Jack Carvar. :p

So you caught me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom