Far Cry 2 --> Not just another over-hyped game

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@jojo: Oh man, the game is not based on true story. I know that in the credits it was written that the press reporter(dont remember his name) was not given his due by the international press and so he posted his whole story on his blog but this was just a gimmick by the developers, google it and you will know that all that was untrue.

Anyways, guys you should read this article, a good one. Made me think about the story of the game again.

*www.cinemablend.com/games/Story-Analysis-Far-Cry-2-13303.html

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Could we just give it a rest guys? If he likes the game then that's his choice. Why start nagging him & try to convince him otherwise? :rolleyes:

Who

Guess Who's Back
Guys sorry to bump this thread but i have started playing far cry 2 from today , first of all i like to know i have a C2D , 2 GB RAM , 8800 GT 512 MB now what settings at 1024 x 768 i should be able to play & at what fps ?

also i have finished like 20% the game looks like boring to me at this point , does something interesting happen to keep playing this game ?

i hope you guys can answer both of my questions.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I think FarCry 2 was great :neutral:, Of Course for me!! I don't think it's shitty or gnikcuF game :cool:. The graphics was great, Humans in that game were Photorealistic, and the Guns' sound & the jamming system was great. I liked it very much :D as much as I liked Crysis :rolleyes:. The TC has done a good job :???:

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Things that irritated me:-
1) Enemies regenerate, If u kill enemies at a place, and then come back after sometime(not even 5 mins), just take a round of about 1 km and come back, u ll find em super alive....that was irritating.

2) Exxxxxaaaaaactly same Safehouses, undergrounds, APR and UFLL offices, the way they talk and all....blah

3) 50 sq km .....great......but all of the same copied....booooooo.....its like visiting one place again and again, same trees, same stones, ....

4) The day night cycle shouldve been little faster( Clear Sky's was a bit better in speed), and the DUNIA engine, the trees are supposed to grow wen u shoot-n-cut them. i cudnt observe it .

5) It wud have been greeeeeeeat if railways were working .

6) The diary shudve been on screen(like map) too...and thr shud ve been different "quit" menu without diary features.

7) Underground missions were not so necessary.

Friends call u only wen u r given a mission(main mission), cudve been better if they call us for help(wen we r not at mission).

9) Somewat repetitive and kinda dull story.

10) Enemies again. very very poor AI, they look somewhere even with u in front of them, and even u use sniper, they all get informed at once.i still think Far Cry AI was lot better.

11) Soundtrack is good, but wen enemies are around it turns rapid, that cud be alarming us.

12) I didnt like hidden dimonds thing. It is the most repetitive part.

Good Points:-
1) FC2 successfully gives the feeling of Afrika and jungles and deserts.

2)The water looks great, really one of the best ones i ve seen. though rain effects cud be better.

3) inclusion of repairing, malaria tablets and healing friends is good.

4) Map within the game is very good.

5) Every time of the day is very well shown. that is, morning really feels morning, same with noon and evening.

6) Guns wear down as we use them, it was good, the rust and all...wow....and did u try shooting at ammo pile, it ignites the ammos.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^The Enemy regenerating system was bad. I hate that very badly :mad:. That's the one I never liked FC2. I have observed the Trees grow after a day, that's good!! Overall FarCry 2 is a excellent game with a few bits of bad-things :D

RMN

In the zone
i played this game till my Malaria pills got over.
the game looks really good....in fact everything except the storyline is good and hence i got bored...feels like an incomplete game.

and its really pissing that we cant walk/run for more than a minute cause we will always run into guard posts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom