Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Soon enough Anil. I'm currently nearing the end of inFAMOUS 2. I'll fire up Shadows of the Damned once that's over. F.E.A.R 3 should be the next target.

If we can co-op this thing, then nothing like it. :grin:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Who is gonna finish it first?

I just got back nto TF2's new servers. So bye bye any other games for me.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I already started playing bit touch a long time back played first part almost 1 year back. Its good

But i saw some flickering occasionally not seen in any of these games

crysis 2
Dead space 2
dirt 3
Witchcraft 2 assasins
Haunted Demon
call of duty 6 black ops
Operation flashpoint
Battle field bad company 2
fable 3
and so on

gameranand

Living to Play
macho84 said:
But i saw some flickering occasionally not seen in any of these games
Well yeah this game has that bug. I saw that on many sites. Its game's fault don't worry. I hope a patch will be released soon for this issue.:)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ok, gave this game a whirl. Here is a brief summary -- playing the first chapter.

Performance:
Is not a resource hog. Easily runs on my system all maxed out @ 1080pi. Getting a decent 50+ FPS in normal scenes. During intense fire fights hits a low of 43-44. The levels load really really fast, and game play is quite smooth. Any modern configuration with a decent Quad and mid-range GPU should be able to spin this off. It does utilize all 4x cores. XfireX kicks in well, and the GPU usage is nice.

Game Description / World Details:
Starts of with the dark and eerie sound of Paxton Fettel and shows some scenes from F1 and F2. Glimpses of Alma and the forth coming violence. Have given a new duck and peek system which is quite good. There is aim assist with the cross-hair beacon turning RED when aligned correctly to the target. There is an option to turn it off. The AI is quite good, and talks amongst themselves realistically. Example: "I am going down". And a person will swank down the stair case to flank you, and 2x guys will cover him from the top. At times the soldiers hide and shoot over objects. A hit + near an object causes them to hide and seek protection. They throw grenades "intelligently". Texture are not the best, so do not expect a Crysis -- since that is a shooter we just graduated from. Decals are nice and has particle physics and smoke gassing. Bloom is quite minimal (thank God) with a focus on dark and hidden object spaces. I took a lot of screen shots using FRAPS, but for some reason all RED is showing up as BLUE. Sorry...! Levels have been designed to keep the horror perspective in mind. Alma surfaces once in a while. But I find F3 less scary.

Weapons:
Have encountered three weapons till now. Standard issue pistol, combat machine gun, and the shot-gun. Some how I felt that the weapon load time is way way to quick. The shot-gun load is "magazined " which removes the fun of slow load + powerful hit ratio combination. Playing at Commando level, ammunition is easy to get. Can receive off dead soldiers and/or caches strewn across the levels. On this difficulty I doubt a player will ever be short.

Game Mechanics:
Linear shooter with a one-only dedicated path to the point. At times doors can be opened, and an alternative route can be taken. Though not much variation. Gun swap is optional, but ammunition recharge is auto. Health re-generation is way way to fast. Around 6 seconds of cover bring you back to perfect. Slow-MO is available right from the start (I think the original FEAR took a while to initiate it), and is really really slow. Which means, you get a TON of time to cherry-pick. As of now the recharge of the slow-mo is quick. But hardly hampers the game. Object interaction is quite minimal, and the engine throws up a hint when required. The game has a TON of expletives being used. Probably Even L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction would be shy compared to this....! Was shocked to hear it all.

Music:
This is the forte of the game. John Carpenters sound track is reminiscent from the movies he has done. The high intense note with the electronic jargon show hints of Ghost of Mars and Escape From New York. As it is the staple of FPSs', it picks up a crescendo and thumpier beat when intense encounters are incurred. Am sure it will get better as we progress.

Repeatability and Score:
Probably will complete it on Commando, and then leave it installed. Can re-play on difficult levels. I would give this a safe and sound 8.5/10. A good shooter for the summer season.

Game hard....!

mitraark

Decrepit
Very nicely put asingh ..

I only felt there was less bullets available , Zombies just keep hoarding up on you ...

F3AR could have been made scarier if the textures were made a little darker , or provide less light in the ambience ... but there were a few creepy levels ...

Shooting is definately smooth , no qualms about the FPS aspect , you cannot blame the game for a crappy headshot miss ..

Overall , its certainly better at 4 GB than a 11 GB FEAR 2 .. but not the best FEAR .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
They can never do the original. I meleed the zombies, which took care of them. Melee + slow mo is a delight. You finished it..?

mitraark

Decrepit
^^
They can never do the original. I meleed the zombies, which took care of them. Melee + slow mo is a delight. You finished it..?

NAaah , not yet :( Yes , Melee is definitely imoortant , considering all the short supply of bullets :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Ya...not that difficult.

You will get some sniper rifles, before you meet him. Do not use the cartridges. Take the Bluey out with those. To kill the plethora of soldiers before seeing Bluey use the standard assault machine gun. Though fight Bluey from far, behind some building. Bending down.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm at interval 4 right now and I'm seriously disappointed. It's not scary at all. The graphics are dull and story progression is abysmal. To top all that, they include day-time outdoor environments. WTF? I felt like I was playing a COD game in the second interval. The scare factor is missing. Random Alma appearance, hallucinations & creatures shadows running past by are seriously getting boring. The upgrades system is really odd. For most part, I though the bottom part of having to take cover for 100 second and sh*t like that, was a part of some sort of achievement system, only to realize, it enhances our rank, thus giving us a new ability. Gore level is amped and it's extremely satisfying to watch those soldiers being killed in slo-mo. Speaking of slow-mo, is it just me or does it run out of juice very soon and refills even slower? I remember the first F.E.A.R had much better regeneration time for the reflex meter. I think F.E.A.R 2 had those reflex injectors. It's also hilarious that Fettel does all the talking and Point-man sits there like a mute. There is no real interactions happening. This installment just doesn't feel right. :(

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
I agree with Ethan_Hunt on many counts. Its just not as scary. I too was like 'WTF' when i saw sunlight in a FEAR game. Reflex system is kind of downgraded. juice runs out much too quick.
the rank system is just out of place. it breaks the pace.
I had high hopes for this one but i was disappointed.

Top Bottom