Do you think Game Prices in India are HIGH?

Have your say.

• Yes its High

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • No it isnt

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • No I dont play latest games so its always Rs. 499 for me

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Xbox 360's Rs 999 Platinum HIts are a saving grace . otherwise TOO expensive .

If companies sold all games at Rs 999 , then i would surely buy the latest games , and other too would .

but paying 2k for a new games seems very expensive .

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
hehe y that should be there but Online Play is not possible in most cases with Pirated Copies.

Well AoE III Asian Dynasty = 1800 and it needs AoE III Vanila = 1300

= 3100 [Ask your dad and get killed]

3 Guys posting that they dont find them expensive? rofl!

We have some millionaires browsing our forums :D

Last edited:
OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
If consider earning to expense thing. Rs. 4000 is much high for a indian guy than $100 for a american.

rajasekharan

Youngling
definitely , the prices are way too high...:(
well, so i end up paying for the pirates...thats all.

lets hope , one day the prices will become affordable so that i can buy few more originals....well, i got, lets say 10 original game (NWN platinum, baldhurs gate 2, expansion, Vampire Bloodlines, Undying, Alice,AlienVsPredator 2, expansion, C&C Tiberium sun, Expansion,alone in the dark 3...) and some more but any ways less than 20.

the max i have paid is 1500 or so ...well, lets say, i was crazy at that time ...but later i realized it was too too much when considered , an avg person earning salary in other parts could afford games in other parts more easily than me or rather us...

its just too much....let all the PC games come at 500/- ...:)

faraaz

Evil Genius
Do you know how much Neverwinter Nights 2 is in Switzerland?? 60 CHF...that's 2100 rupees...I know it costs almost 600-800 rupees less in India. Same story for all other games...stop complaining man...we pay less than everyone else in the world as it is...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I went to Planet M 4 days ago with my brother.I stayed outside but my brother went to check in for Half Life 2 Orange box.He told me that FIFA 2008 for pc costs Rs 2,500.

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
games like Orange box, Crysis ,NFS Pro Street and lots others are price only for 999rs... its a fair enough price for these games.

Games with pricing >1300...are costly IMO.

and btw FIFA 08 for PC is only 999rs not 2.5k

2.5k might b for PS3 not PC!!

well i try to buy originals whenever i can! :)
but dont have many of them :p

amitava82

MMO Addict
Actually its lower compared to US... So, don't complain.
One thing I like here is that you get to rent Console games. So you really do not need to buy a game unless you wanna collect them.. Like Orange Box a must have!

rajasekharan

Youngling
i dont know if its less than US or any other country, i just know that its not affordable for an avg person here.....

lets say an avg man gets 4000$ PM in US and the game costs 50$ its affordable for him is it????

now apply the same in INDIA, i guess it should be only 100/-....

well ...;)

faraaz

Evil Genius
You can't charge whatever you feel like in that case just because the average income per head in India is lower. It makes no economic sense. If that WAS done, then the producer surplus would take a huge hit...thats economics stuff, but trust me, if prices were any lower than they are now, big players wouldnt sell their games in India at all.

I'd rather pay the 1300 for an original game like NWN, NWN2, Warcraft III (when it came out) etc...

The single player ones I dunno. ;)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
In Dubai, the game titles (PS 3, X Box 360) are like Dhs 300-400 (Rs 3,300-4,400). We pay the lowest for 95% of things. Go out of India and you'll know.

Stop complaining.

Having said that, Dhs 100 is not equal to Rs 1,100. Or $100 is not equal to 3,950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom