Do you think Game Prices in India are HIGH?

Have your say.

• Yes its High

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • No it isnt

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • No I dont play latest games so its always Rs. 499 for me

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
I would completely agree with drgrudge!!!

Games here are cheaper than the western countries. Games like Halo 3 or Bioshock sells for $59 in US (XBox 360 games) but here they are all for Rs. 1895. this is the MRP retailers always give discount on this price, i buy my XBox 360 games for around Rs. 1700 (where the MRP is 1895). i am paying Rs. 700 less than the americans for the same games, so tell me how it is costly here!!!

EA has announced that they will sell all their PC games for Rs.999. Thats cheap enough!!! Orange Box (PC) retails for $50 in US thats Rs.2000 but thats available for Rs.999 here in India, thats half the price compared to international price!!!

so once again STOP COMPLAINING

rajasekharan

Youngling
drgrudge said:
Having said that, Dhs 100 is not equal to Rs 1,100. Or $100 is not equal to 3,950.

now , thats what i was talking about.......:)

good to hear atleast one person have put it straight...'

so once again, i want price to come down....;)

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
wirelessraj said:
I would completely agree with drgrudge!!!

EA has announced that they will sell all their PC games for Rs.999. Thats cheap enough!!! Orange Box (PC) retails for $50 in US thats Rs.2000 but thats available for Rs.999 here in India, thats half the price compared to international price!!!

so once again STOP COMPLAINING
ya thats what i told, original game prices are fair enough now, you must understand that making a game aint a joke, so normally IT products like softwares/games are kinda high(as in not like 100rs or 200rs) it will be like 1k-1.3k

Last edited:

Shloeb

In the zone
Yes game prices are high. They are expensive for us. But the companies put in a lot of money and effort in these games. BUt its the we indians that suffer because we have no money to but expensive games. Its our problem not theirs. But in the other hand i can't spend 3k to buy a game. Instead i just upgrade my computer instead. I am happy to use pirates even though i know that its a big crime and feel bad about it. But i can't spend so much money on games. My dad will kill me for burning money like that. :D

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
y higher prices are prime reason for piracy... Specially if game is based on Capeign and not much with online thing then Piracy ftw :D

axxo

99.9% Idle
i can get any latest game for Rs.30 Per DVD here....now imagine how many such games can be brought for Rs.1000 that has to be spend in buying a single piece of original game

faraaz

Evil Genius
@axxo: Now imagine how dumb you would feel PAYING anything at all for something illegal when you could download for free! Of course, Rs. 30 per DVD is an extreme case...it costs arnd 60-80 rupees here in Bangalore...but still!

If at all I'm just getting a pirated game, I never buy it from a pirated disk dealer...just download torrents...

Shloeb

In the zone
By the way we don't need original games to play online games. Because the broadband is also very slow here in india. The one thats fast costs a bomb. So we are good to buy pirated games. This saves a lot of money and the original games have no advantage. The seller from whom i buy games even gives a guarantee that the game will work provided ur system meets the requirements. :D That says it all. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
PS2 pirated games were very cheap here. Rs. 25 for old games and around 50-100 for latest games. But now pirated games for ps2 aren't available anymore. The originals cost 1k+. Thats why i stopped buying them. Now everyone is forced to buy original. But i guess the original prices are coming down. If they fall a bit more i can start buying then again.

S

shrapnel

Buy gamez:confused: TORRENTZ RULEZ:D
I'd be crazy to buy original games after the amount of money I spend on PC Hardware:rolleyes:.
I just invest in a High-Speed Unlimited 'Net connection and d/l all the gamez I'm interested in:rolleyes:
Well, I MAY buy games I like very much, but just a chosen few like Crysis and Timeshift.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Lol people in my place at Goregaon,Mumbai are too mad.They spend like upto 5 K MORE on consoles.Affording a game also depends on the place you live like most of those millionares in India reside in Mumbai ( Just an example).For some It might be expensive and not for some.Games are sold keeping the whole world in mind and not some particular Region or country.And even that going,Its cheaper than US and other advanced nations.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well meri taraf log 40 ki dete hai unse kaho 20 ki don to 30 pe baat aa jati hai bas yeh ton bahut saste hai :D:D

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Where in Mumbai do you get the games? plz PM haha :D

My friend is going to mumbai next week so i can place an "order" :D ;)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well i Buy Original Xbox 360 games when their prices come down to Rs 999 or i exchange games with frnds who have other games(original ofcourse) .

DiCsA

Broken In
Ya know the piracy is not only a problem in India. In paris it's totally impossible to find non-original games but you can download it. If you have a good connection you can download at 12Mb/sec so you will have your 4Gb game in one hour. Plus it's the same in upload so you can send it to a friend very quickly.

FYI the price of a brand new PC game is 45 euro (2500 Rs).

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
Shloeb said:
Yes game prices are high. They are expensive for us. But the companies put in a lot of money and effort in these games. BUt its the we indians that suffer because we have no money to but expensive games. Its our problem not theirs. But in the other hand i can't spend 3k to buy a game. Instead i just upgrade my computer instead. I am happy to use pirates even though i know that its a big crime and feel bad about it. But i can't spend so much money on games. My dad will kill me for burning money like that. :D
do u think games are 3k?? many PC games have low prices now!! check game shop before you buy a pirated game...

i dont say that i buy originals.. if its a awesome game.. i will surely buy it!!
like Orange box! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom