Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
You got that right.With so many people bit*hing about it being mindless button mashing, let them try & master out Dante's styles & then talk crap.That's what got me hooked onto this series so much.I completed DMC 3 & it kicked royal ass.DMC 1 though seemed a bit dull but will give it another try as I rushed into things.:)

well hows dmc3.

and btw how to build the sss smoking style.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DMC 3 is even better than DMC 4 IMO.The levels & bosses are much more difficult compared to DMC 4.The graphics are dated but the gameplay is still the same.For people who haven't got enough of Dante from DMC 4 then DMC 3 is the way to go.The soundtrack is another bonus.I had to get it's 3 disc edition OST after playing the whole game.:)

To get an SSS rank, the best way is to keep shifting your combos.Also keep switching your devil arms as much as you can.I haven't got many SSS rank either but practice is the only thing which can get you there.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
well hows dmc3.

and btw how to build the sss smoking style.

Though DMC 3 is a aewsome game but you cannot play it with the gamepad As the controls are all screwed up and playin it with keyboard is a pain in the neck
So don't get the game unless you got a PS2........

quan chi

mortal kombat
DMC 3 is even better than DMC 4 IMO.The levels & bosses are much more difficult compared to DMC 4.The graphics are dated but the gameplay is still the same.For people who haven't got enough of Dante from DMC 4 then DMC 3 is the way to go.The soundtrack is another bonus.I had to get it's 3 disc edition OST after playing the whole game.:)

To get an SSS rank, the best way is to keep shifting your combos.Also keep switching your devil arms as much as you can.I haven't got many SSS rank either but practice is the only thing which can get you there.

well i am facing one problem.before the final battle scene in mission 18.where you have to destroy the blue crystal of the chest. you are taken on to another platform.
*media.ignimgs.com/guides/guides/748464/images/dmc4_m18_196.jpgafter this scene.

now while going to that platform the gfx suddenly changes to something like this *img13.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i268197_dmc4m18251.jpg type.(i have recreated it as i didnt have the exact screenshot)

and stays like this for few seconds and then again returns back to normal.then it happens again after sometime.all in all in this level this problem occurs two times.and stays for few seconds and gets back to normal again.

please help.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Though DMC 3 is a aewsome game but you cannot play it with the gamepad As the controls are all screwed up and playin it with keyboard is a pain in the neck
So don't get the game unless you got a PS2........
That's why I resisted getting it on the PC & went directly to play it on the PS2 which was a breeze.

@Quan: That's a very weird glitch.Never encountered it while playing it myself.If it doesn't cause much of a distraction then might as well ignore it.

@quan chi:I faced similar problems in that parts of game were turning opaque green,getting the temp of gfx card down helped in solving it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@uchiha_madara: Are you playing it again with your HD4850 now? :D If yes then any issues you encountered with the game? I am planning to start it all over again once I get my 360 controller as my cheap ass controller gave up on me.:mad:

@allwyndlima:Yes,I am giving it a run through again with my HD4850.It is real sweet to have the game running at a solid frame rate.The only issue I encountered were as I said that there patches of green but then again my temps for card were around 86C,though changing fan position and my HDD which was obstructing airflow and changing the fan speed with CCC hack helped now it maxes around 74C.
@quan chi:try to get your temps down,try to use riva tuner and latest drivers 178(.something) I think.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well fighting with sanctus wasnt that difficult.i used holy water for the first time when his attacks became furious after loosing one fourth of his health.

but second time beaten him easily without holy water.

btw now stuck with the giant statue fight at the end how to buster his left arm.:mad:

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
WTH! You beat Sanctus too? :shock:

Too good dude.It took me quite a lot of time to beat him.The last part is dead easy.Just wait till he strikes with his left hand.Roll out of the way & then just buster it when it's down.The right hand will be a bit tricky.He will swing his right hand & you need to jump & buster it mid-air.If you time it right then that should do the trick.If you have obtained the air hike ability then towards the end just buster his head & you're all done.:D

quan chi

mortal kombat
WTH! You beat Sanctus too? :shock:

Too good dude.It took me quite a lot of time to beat him.The last part is dead easy.Just wait till he strikes with his left hand.Roll out of the way & then just buster it when it's down.The right hand will be a bit tricky.He will swing his right hand & you need to jump & buster it mid-air.If you time it right then that should do the trick.If you have obtained the air hike ability then towards the end just buster his head & you're all done.:D

five times!! only two times with holy water.:D

well allwyndlima i dont know but sanctus was very easy to beat.the way you told me it was not that difficult!!

i think you might have played it in the devil mode i finished it in the human mode.

the key to the fight is same as before keep airbourne by grappling.and keep hitting sanctus until he falls.when he falls hit him with many combos and buster him.(best if you can buster him after trigerring the devil).

at the end when he attacks with the red glowing sword dodge twice.and attack him atonce.

thats it fight ends!!

btw thanks for replying finished the game but i have to finish it again where you have to save kyrie from the scarecrows to unlock the secret cutscene.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes of course.The Human mode means the enemy needs only a fewer hits from your side.I was playing it on Devil Hunter & almost ripped my hair off in frustration.Anyway congrats for completing it.The bonus cut-scene towards the end is really cheesy but feels like a true action flick.:D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yes of course.The Human mode means the enemy needs only a fewer hits from your side.I was playing it on Devil Hunter & almost ripped my hair off in frustration.Anyway congrats for completing it.The bonus cut-scene towards the end is really cheesy but feels like a true action flick.:D

well can you please upload your last save game file which unlocks the cutscene i am stuck in that last mission at the scarecrow part only. so the cutscene isnt getting unlocked.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Here you go:
*www.mediafire.com/?mu4orettmjy

If you can't find it in this save then try downloading the trainer & execute the one hit kill cheat.It will easily unlock the ending.:)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Here you go:
*www.mediafire.com/?mu4orettmjy

If you can't find it in this save then try downloading the trainer & execute the one hit kill cheat.It will easily unlock the ending.:)

thanks.:)

wow you were terrific.you unlocked many modes. although that cutscene is not found.but when does that menu screen changes from that fountain mansion to dante and nero images.:D

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The cut scene is only unlocked if the you protect Kyrie for about 90 secs.One hit & the secret ending won't trigger.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The cut scene is only unlocked if the you protect Kyrie for about 90 secs.One hit & the secret ending won't trigger.

well did that and the cutscene got unlocked.nice ending!!now i came to know actually their office's name is dmc.:D

well hows dmc3 i have seen people posting here bad about its controls.is it so?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well did that and the cutscene got unlocked.nice ending!!now i came to know actually their office's name is dmc.:D
There's a lot more history as to why it's called DMC too.Play DMC 3 & all mysteries will unravel.:)

well hows dmc3 i have seen people posting here bad about its controls.is it so?
For the PC I have no clue but for the PS2 it's flawless.If you're asking about the game in general then like I've said before, it's way better than DMC 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom