Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Yes that's what we are here to do. I finished the game last night and it was awesome!
Not going to give spoilers but tell you just the following stuff:

1. Initially you play as Nero,the son of Vergil but after level 11 you get to get your hands dirty with Dante.
  2. As mentioned above first 11 levels are with Nero, 12-18 with Dante and last 2 levels 19,20 again with Nero.
  3. Biggest gripe that everybody is going to have is not being able to play with Dante long enough. Just 8 levels. Oh Come On! Damn you CAPCOM! :mad:
  4. Nero has just a Revolver named Blue Rose and a sword named Red Queen and later get the infamous Katana Yamato but it only serves as Devil Trigger.
  5. Dante has usual Ebony & Ivory, a Sawn Off named Coyote-A and a wicked suitcase named Pandora which can transform into multiple weapons.As far as swords go he has his usual Rebellion, gets Gilgamesh, pair of Gauntlets akin to Ifrit in DMC 1 and Beowulf in DMC 3 . Third one is Lucifer but it ain't that good.
  6. All the girls join the party this time. You've got Trish, The Lady, Nero's girl kyrie and a new girl Gloria.
  7. Boss fights are good and satisfying. Except for the fights in later levels like 18,19,20 rest of the fights are easy.
What my personal disliking and only disliking with this game was not being able to get more of Dante. I'm sure I'm not wrong when I say this, If Nero fights like a rabid Dog then Dante is like a Hornet's nest on fire. While Nero has just one sword and a gun and a crippled arm just to grab hold to demons and stuff, our beloved boy Dante has 3 different handguns, 3 different Devil Arms and 4 different fighting style,Trickster,Gunslinger,RoyalGuard and Swordmaster, all changeable on the fly. I mean one moment I'm stuffing a demon with a Million Stab move and next moment with a flick of a button I'm pounding his nethers to mince meat. Its all just so satisfying. Lets just hope Devil may Cry 5 has more of Dante.
Overall the game is awesome and my advice to you guys is this, Don't even think about playing such a button masher on a Keyboard+Mouse combo. If you can then sure as hell invest in XBOX 360 controller for PC as the game natively supports it and believe me you want regret it. I'm outta here :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Freaking finally a DMC 4 thread.I am on level 13 right now with Dante.It feels very difficult suddenly letting loose from Nero & fighting as Dante.I just love this game.Stylish gameplay, awesome graphics, boss fights are massive & uber-cool cut scenes.Being new to this franchise, I didn't have to do much homework on it.I just set the combo system to automatic & execution was a walk in the park.

I like playing as Nero more than Dante for now.I sorely miss the Devil Bringer.It is awfully handy at times.Especially having difficultly slicing through Bianco Angelos & Alto Angelo.Earlier using Nero I could directly perform extreme buster manoeuvres but with Dante it seems very difficult.May I need more practice.Hence simultaneously playing DMC 3 on my PS2.Dante seems to have fast movements as opposed to Nero & also his sword slashes seem more violent.

This is an excellent port from Capcom.Beautifully optimised & the control system is piece of cake.Definitely a must buy for all DMC & non-DMC fans.:D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey man this game's sys requirement is huge...:( SM 3.0
Mid-Range cant play it in full eye candy :rolleyes:

Btw: who is the hero Nero or Dante :confused:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Errrr....And mid-range=?

AFAIK this game runs on full high @1280x1024 with 4X MSAA on my system.The only place where I had extreme slow downs was in the outdoor areas of The Forest Level.Apart from that no slows down till now.Compared to the rest of the titles released this year, this is the only game which I found optimised to the best.:D

The major protagonist is Nero but since this series eventually started out with Dante you get to play as him in some levels.It happens as you progress through the storyline.

Update: Just completed Level 14.Beat Echidna with much trial & error.Used the Swordmaster style & that did the trick.Almost nearing the game's completion.6 more levels & am done.;)

amitash

Intel OCer
dang i desperately want the game..i have the demo i can play at all max settings at 1680x1050 with 8xaa

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well the key to defeat the Bianco and Alto Angelo is to kill the Alto Angelo first as he is , you can say the Captain. Well earlier I was playing the game with 4xAA at 1360x768 res and shadows turned high but after a system reformat and changing AA to 2x and shadows to none, I was able to get 25-30 FPS and in tight areas around 45 FPS.
Well initially one misses the Devil bringer but as you progress and get your hands dirty with more power and styles and moves of Dante, you just don't wanna leave him. his true fighting form is revealed after you get Lucifer, the last weapon. After that you can switch between all the guns and swords on the fly, which believe me is really satisfying! There's nothing like pinning an Alto Angelo to a corner with a couple of Bianco Angelo and executing a Million Stab and change to Gilgamesh on the fly and executing a Million Kick maneuvre and by the time you are done nothing is left standing and by chance something is left then you can always top it all off with a Rocket shot from Pandora.
As far as knowing the history of DMC is concerned Allwynd, you'll get to know it as it is unlocked after you complete the game once. Although some facts in the history aren't mentioned fully and clearly and in that case you know whom to contact, yours truly...;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sure will man.;)

As for Alto Angelo, The problem when I try to take him out first is those Bianco Angelo's just swarm around me & just thrust the swords so fast I can hardly see it coming.So I have to pin those 2 SOB's down first & then go after Alto Angelo.I just got hold of Gilgamesh & yes it's really starting to show how efficient & versatile Dante can be with his moves.I could really pack a huge punch with that thing.:D

I have to polish up on the styles as well.Haven't yet gotten to know The Royal Guard & Gunslinger a lot but will do in sometime.Gunslinger sure does have some awesome combos but too bad Ebony & Ivory don't cause much damage.:(

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If you get time to look into DMC4's in-game library, you'll find that even there it is mentioned that presence of Alto Angelo grants Bianco Angelo more power and co-ordination so if you take Alto Angelo out first then rest is easy as a pie.
As far as Gunslinger style and Ebony&Ivory are concerned lemme just say that you'll need to pump up your style too with proud souls in order to see the real visage of Dante's fighting capabilities. Gunslinger to the max will show just how much these 2 babies alone can do the damage and Pandora+ Gunslinger, all I can say that you'll be smiling as wide as Joker(Batman wala) and wiping off tears from your cheeks.I know cause I did it. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Not really man.The ones I was talking to snake was about regular enemies & not bosses.;) The game is just so exciting that you just can't avoid it.:D

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well to give walkthrough is not going to just cut it, you can get them at any games resources site like Gamespot etc but here we can give you heads-up like anyone playing the game for the first time must proceed to level 18,19 and 20 only after they have maxed out their Items and skills even if that means playing the earlier levels over and over again. trust me you won't regret it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
On of my friends has

intel pentium D 2.80 Ghz processor
intel D 101ggc mother board
960 mb of ram
nvidia geforce 7300 SE gfx card

when he is tried to run the demo of this game given in this moth digit DVD, it showe 6 lines error. saying some crap. He downloded latest display drivers, audio drivers, driectX but the problem presists. Does the rig above supports the DMC 4, if it does what is about the problem. If it supports in the settings lowerd, in 800X600 or 600X400 what will the frame rate he will get. suggest him.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^What exactly is that 'saying some crap' error? His rig will be able to run this game but once he runs into outdoor environments & huge boss fights it will turn into a slide show for sure.So not recommended.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
he ran benchmarking in his system at mid settings and 800X600 resolution. It is consistant @ 35 fps. when at low it ran more than 50 fps. And i will go to his house today @ 2 pm and, i will post the message in the crappy error.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's pretty good I'd say.If that is the demo benchmark then it doesn't offer much.But like I said the indoors won't be an issue but outdoors with heavy scene & character rendering will slow down drastically.Especially the Forest levels.

Coming back to the game, I am now at level 19 & it's really beginning to get on my nerves.I beat almost everyone & Angelo Agnus is really a pain in the rear end.The game's save system is totally messed up.I can't continue from my last checkpoint if I reload the whole game which sucks as this level is a extremely long one.Must start all over again now.:mad:

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Patience my friend Patience. I told, anyone who would care to read, that before proceeding to later levels, you MUST max out your Abilities and skills.
As far as beating Angelo Agnus goes all I can say is that you'll have to become all the 7 plagues of Egypt all rolled into one and open up a can of whoop @$$ to take him down. When i was at this level, I dodged his swords, used Pandora(to the MAX) with Gunslinger(to the MAX) and press the B button(if you are using XBOX 360 controller), Pandora transforms into that wicked vehicle and just keep on pressing the B button. Barrage of missiles is launched decimating everything and being. Agnus falls down. Quickly change to Swordmaster, switch ON the Devil trigger and let him have copious amount of Rebellion and Gilgamesh. If you are lucky, like me, Agnus won't even get a single chance to get up let alone fight back. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom