Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The trick is to master Dante's styles, which are very exquisite.He has a boat load of arsenal which Nero can only dream of.I'd recommend a full weapon upgrade of Pandora.You'll love the PF594 Argument, it just transforms Dante into a small rocket launcher like Pod & starts firing rockets at the enemies.I have tried countless time but never got it to work.Had to be satisfied with watching those YouTube videos.:(

But if you go through some online FAQ's, it will show you precisely how to perform it.Dante has far more abilities than Nero & to master his abilities is to master the game.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just complete any mission & run a search for it's YouTube video.I mainly prefer the last mission's videos as beating Sanctus is very tough.There are tons of people out there who don't even loose a single ounce of health & make perfect use of Royal Guard style.Just pick any random video & you would be amazed at the way they play.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hmmm...you were right after getting gilgamesh and by upgrading all the styles of swordmaster it is really fun to play with dante.

dante becomes faster than nero.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You will easily notice by his sword movements.Dante is extremely fast & fluid when it comes to swinging his sword (Rebellion).Are you getting enough proud souls to upgrade your moves?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Don't focus too much on getting Holy Water.None of the bosses would need it, apart from Sanctus.Practice your moves & that should be enough.Doesn't matter if you die even 10 times with any boss but that will atleast teach you how to develop a strategy to beat him later on.

quan chi

mortal kombat
yes you are right.but thanks to you i was completely oblivious about the holy water thing.it can do miracle.used it two times.
1.to beat dante in nero vs dante fight.

2.to beat echinda in echinda vs dante.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah.It takes out a major chunk of health out of the bosses.You'll initially feel it's need but if you keep on buying it then the price you pay for buying it also increases.I suppose the max I went was till 20,000 red orbs or so were required to get it.I preserved it for my last fight with Sanctus (which I was almost about to quit) & used it when the time was right.Bustered the sucker & the last easiest battle triggered.:)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yeah.It takes out a major chunk of health out of the bosses.You'll initially feel it's need but if you keep on buying it then the price you pay for buying it also increases.I suppose the max I went was till 20,000 red orbs or so were required to get it.I preserved it for my last fight with Sanctus (which I was almost about to quit) & used it when the time was right.Bustered the sucker & the last easiest battle triggered.:)
lol!!:D well what he does to make the fight tough.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It will be a spoiler.Just go through level 19 & you'll be in for a bigger surprise.Just let me know if you're interested in knowing it & I'll be happy to spill the beans.:D

quan chi

mortal kombat
well you can give a small hint with reference to the mission 11 fight.at that time his majesty was very easy to kill just keep airborne and move your sword.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
This is nowhere near to that fight.He is 10 times stronger than before & the real fun begins after you deplete his health down to may be just more than half.He goes berserk & starts to attack you with some red looking tentacles from beneath the ground.If one of it strikes you then your health bars will take a massive hit.But like I said the last the second last level would be the test of your patience.One word of advice for that level, make sure you start it when you have ample time left.If you start it then don't even think of quitting in between.You'll pay a very heavy price for it.Also look at the YouTube video I posted on the first page of this thread.It will have a spoiler of the last fight though.

I had to use walkthrough to beat Sanctus,you've got a really narrow window there in terms of timing.
BTW playing in Legendary Dark knight mode,it is real satisfaction to go crazy on all those demons and also started using Exceed cool thing esp if you can time the instant rev correctly.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DMC4 is boring.
Did you remember to take your sleeping mask off before playing the game? ;)

EDIT: I just happened to see this review: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95456 & here someone with the same user ID as yours has rated it 8.5/10 & mentioned he has enjoyed the game.

I had to use walkthrough to beat Sanctus,you've got a really narrow window there in terms of timing.
BTW playing in Legendary Dark knight mode,it is real satisfaction to go crazy on all those demons and also started using Exceed cool thing esp if you can time the instant rev correctly.
HEHE! I couldn't comprehend even a single walkthrough which shed light on how to beat Sanctus.I saw countless YouTube videos & all I could see were people just using Royal Guard style as if they were smoking pot simultaneously while playing the game.I had to die nearly 15-20 times, bang my head against a spiked wall, swear 100 odd times & then some more.Finally got my act together & nailed the SOB by draning a large chunk of his health & then using the Holy Water at the right time.Was quite satisfied with it towards the end.:D

I tried Exceed but it needs quick tapping & that I can't do during a boss fight without making myself vulnerable for becoming a sish-kebab.Might as well keep practising as may really prove useful if DMC 5 would be in the talks.:D

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
defeated that frog, berial and that agnus without loosing even a single ounce of health with dante its very easy.
and yes no holy water.

btw stuck at that level where you have to fight the sanctus statue.how to destroy all those blue stones.:mad:

btw that was joke....:D but i have defeated frog with loosing less then a quarter of my health.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
This should help you out:
*www.gamespot.com/features/6185546/p-31.html

I completed it long back so have a very vague picture of it.But that is still easy compared to the rest.Wait till you play the level after this & also face final sanctus.:D

quan chi

mortal kombat
This should help you out:
*www.gamespot.com/features/6185546/p-31.html

I completed it long back so have a very vague picture of it.But that is still easy compared to the rest.Wait till you play the level after this & also face final sanctus.:D

thanks.

well as we know dmc4 is all about style.i think if we compare the cutscenes of it with our actions then the executions of our action should be flawless.
the protagonist should not loose much health.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You got that right.With so many people bit*hing about it being mindless button mashing, let them try & master out Dante's styles & then talk crap.That's what got me hooked onto this series so much.I completed DMC 3 & it kicked royal ass.DMC 1 though seemed a bit dull but will give it another try as I rushed into things.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom