Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yep.It's only available for the 360 controller.But make sure you install your force feedback drivers which you got along with your controller.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I, personally, enjoy it for sometime then it becomes very irritating.Don't really need it that much.;)

well i am quite liking it.marvelous gfx.the boss battles are very good. the toad was the toughtest battle till now.:D

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nice.You got there pretty fast.For Angelo Credo, just keep dodging his attack as much as possible & when he counters just buster him.If he throws any jousts at you just try to grab hold of it & throw it back at him.This damages quite a lot of his health.

Make sure you're completing the secret missions while you go along the game.It will help you build up your green vital orb fragments which can help increase your health bars slots or your Devil Trigger slots (with blue orb fragments).Else you'll need to buy those stuff & trust me the rate of red orbs required for it keeps rising each time you buy it.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Nice.You got there pretty fast.For Angelo Credo, just keep dodging his attack as much as possible & when he counters just buster him.If he throws any jousts at you just try to grab hold of it & throw it back at him.This damages quite a lot of his health.

Make sure you're completing the secret missions while you go along the game.It will help you build up your green vital orb fragments which can help increase your health bars slots or your Devil Trigger slots (with blue orb fragments).Else you'll need to buy those stuff & trust me the rate of red orbs required for it keeps rising each time you buy it.

:shock:
well i left completing the secret mission at that stage when you have to buster an enemy five times in air or something like that.seemed a bit tough.

btw how to buy stuff like health bar..

I just used holy water at him twice and presto CREDO is defeated LOL :D ,you don't have that many options playing with a keyboard against him.
Go to a divine statue and enter into the item menu and from items highlighted select whatever you want to purchase,btw you can also do this before the beginning of a mission.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I had to use Holy Water on Sanctus as he was turning out to be a royal pain in the ass.Since I was playing the DMC series for the first time, I didn't know the importance of going through the secret missions.But after watching a few YouTube videos & playing DMC 3, I realised it's importance.For this game it's OK if you don't have many health bars towards the end but in DMC 3 you will need it for sure.

well i left completing the secret mission at that stage when you have to buster an enemy five times in air or something like that.seemed a bit tough.

btw how to buy stuff like health bar..
In that case, leave it as it is.Perhaps you can try it later on.But make sure you keep building up your stock of red orbs.If you don't have enough towards the end then you can't buy much healing items or Holy Water, which may be critical.Try to harvest as many red orbs you can by performing different combos.Do remember to save at each point as this would allow you to retain the number of red orbs you have gathered throughout the level.Also make sure you get the Air Hike ability which is very much required.

To buy health bars, just find a divinity statue (the golden statue found in every level) & select the blue orb.This should increase your health bar slots.

NOTE: Correction to my above post as I wrongly mentioned green orb fragments would build up to increase your health bar slots.It's the Blue orb fragments combined into one full piece which grants you an additional health slot & the purple orbs for increasing your Devil Trigger guage.My apologies for the same.:)

@allwyndlima:have you seen some of the combo videos from DMC3 on youtube,just awesome, the poster must have had grown an extra pair of hands to pull some of those off.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I couldn't believe they pull off so many areial combos in one string.There were some videos in which they killed Vergil 3 without loosing even a single health bar.:shock:

I was shocked to see the way they play.Must have taken a lot of practice.I couldn't take out even one boss without using a few Vital star S.:oops:

The easiest boss battle in DMC 3 for me was Geryon & Lady.Both were not that difficult & could be defeated in one go if you knew the attack pattern which was very easy.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I just used holy water at him twice and presto CREDO is defeated LOL :D ,you don't have that many options playing with a keyboard against him.
Go to a divine statue and enter into the item menu and from items highlighted select whatever you want to purchase,btw you can also do this before the beginning of a mission.

:confused: read my previous posts.

btw defeted credo with style.:Dfrom some walkthrough i read that you must have streak and split abilities.if you buy those then dodge credos attacks then when he proceedes keep streaking him.at the end buster him and nero gives him many brutal punches.

now stuck with agnus.:mad:he replenishes his health again

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
HEHE! That's what I hate.Health replenishing bosses.Just keep your ears open as he yanks out something before trying to grab hold of you & chew down your health bars.;)

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^sorry didnt got you at that time.

btw has bought holy water but how to use it.

beaten agnus atlast but still he has esacped this time also.how many times do we have to battle him.

btw one thing i noticed first give agnus as many blows as you can with a split and streak moves.so that his health bar gets reduced significantly.
then if he grabs you. keep pressing the buttons.he wont be able to replenish his whole health completely due to some reasons.then again repeat the above steps.and yes grabing the sword he throws at you and throw it back.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You'll have to face Angelo Agnus twice more.Once in Mission 17 & the "most annoying level" Mission 19.

To use Holy Water, just press start during any point of the battle & in the pause menu just click on 'Items' (don't remember it that clearly) & then select Holy Water.Once you do that & exit the menu, Nero will throw the Holy Water automatically.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well dante has many moves. has he got any devil arms like nero.i dont find any option like that.and he is better than nero.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom