Devil May Cry 4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Here's Lady's pic in DMC 3: Dante's Awakening (the uber cute one):
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/24813_e78gx/Devil%20May%20Cry%203%20Dantes%20Awakening%2004.jpg

Here's her pic in DMC 4 (post implants :D):
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/24814_tkjkb/dmc4ladywallpapercomplete.jpg

Talk about a major makeover.;)

@Quan: She manages to keep that Kalina Ann just like Dante can handle the Rebellion on his back.:D

you are comparing the lady with dante.:shock:dante should its in the charecter.
and btw i observe here you can double jump only with rebellion.with agni and rudra and Cerberus double jump cannot be performed.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
and btw i observe here you can double jump only with rebellion.with agni and rudra and Cerberus double jump cannot be performed.
Double jump as in Air Hike? i.e. a small red/white ring appears after your first jump & throttles you above as you prepare for second?

If that's the one you're talking about then you need to purchase those moves. You can get them within the action upgrade options. Also when you get Beowulf just use it's Air Hike as that would be most useful against Vergil's last form. Which mission are you on?

BTW the women in this game are way tougher than they look. Bazooka must be a child's play for her. Have you seen her driving her bike? :D

@NIGHTMARE: The save games folder for DMC 4 is in C:\Documents and Settings\*USERNAME*\My Documents\CAPCOM\DEVILMAYCRY4

In short your My documents folder.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^She looks more cute in first one, I had the game(DMC 3), may be its lying in my backup HDD.

But constantly tapping keyboards key was no fun :/ May be later I will complete it when I get a controller (Most probably after my joining).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Like I said, she is very child like in DMC 3 but in DMC 4 they gave her a total slutty look. Not to mention her acting like one too.:mad:

Anyway I tried the PC version & am sorely disappointed with the resolution support. It won't accept anything beyond 1280x960. Talk about a buggered port. I somehow got the config file downloaded for my 360 gamepad to be preconfigured but then too the game didn't feel like how I experienced it on the PS2. But it's DMC & you just have to try it.:D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Like I said, she is very child like in DMC 3 but in DMC 4 they gave her a total slutty look. Not to mention her acting like one too.:mad:

Anyway I tried the PC version & am sorely disappointed with the resolution support. It won't accept anything beyond 1280x960. Talk about a buggered port. I somehow got the config file downloaded for my 360 gamepad to be preconfigured but then too the game didn't feel like how I experienced it on the PS2. But it's DMC & you just have to try it.:D

well yes in every weapon mode there is some air hike type ability.

btw i am in mission 9.
but i thought like in dmc4 if you purchase airhike once from the abilities.then it will remail permanantly.not like if you upgrade to a new weapon then you have to purchase its air hike seperately.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
AFAIK In DMC 4 you had Air Hike as a standard feature for purchase & not as a action upgrade. Meaning if you purchase that ability it would still be there regardless of what devil arm you're on. Here they become a part of your Devil Arms & need to be purchased. So this ain't that easy afterall. It just keeps getting better & better.

quan chi

mortal kombat
AFAIK In DMC 4 you had Air Hike as a standard feature for purchase & not as a action upgrade. Meaning if you purchase that ability it would still be there regardless of what devil arm you're on. Here they become a part of your Devil Arms & need to be purchased. So this ain't that easy afterall. It just keeps getting better & better.
fighting with virgil was fun it took me more than 3 tries even in the easy mode.used holy water in second or third try but still i lost.
then after knowing his moves and dodging them was real fun.:D

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The first 2 forms of Vegil are dam easy. Far easier than anyone else. I didn't even have to use a single drop of Holy Water. Get the maximum health upgrade & Devil Trigger gauge increased for the last fight. You might need it. Also are you completing the secret missions?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Just like me eh? :D

I didn't bother much about secret missions either. Towards the end I was low on health bars & realized I would have earned blue orb fragments which would allow my health meter to rise. Then I had to painfully keep playing mission 1 & 2 all over again to increase my orb count & buy it manually. BTW I just beat Vergil 3 again today. Ironically, I feel more confident now with the toughest boss fights. Beat Sanctus the other day too without using any Vital Stars.8)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
holy water oh my god i never used these item bcoz i don't no man.Nero arm is enough for me and dante its hard to play first time when he is using his legs and arms

quan chi

mortal kombat
have you completed dmc3 in normal mode.:shock:
i am still stuck with the first boss fight there in normal mode.

quan chi

mortal kombat
holy water oh my god i never used these item bcoz i don't no man.Nero arm is enough for me and dante its hard to play first time when he is using his legs and arms

dante rocks more in dmc4 than in dmc3. keep changing his styles in the midst of a fight. doge and attack your enemies with style!!!

No its my first DMC

well that was meant for allwyndlima.:D

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
have you completed dmc3 in normal mode.:shock:
i am still stuck with the first boss fight there in normal mode.
Of course. Even when I started out with DMC 4, I instantly picked up Devil Hunter mode having no clue what kind of mode it was. Then later on realised it was normal mode for DMC 4. I was stuck with Cerebrus as well but later on I figured out how to beat him. This dog is one tough boss for a beginners fight. Wait till you get Beowulf, he is another SOB I would like to squish once again. Had to use some Vital Stars before I killed him. Play in normal mode, Easy is way too easy.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's just a matter of practice. You won't feel a pinch while playing in easy mode. If you have completed DMC 4 in Devil Hunter mode then you should try this on Normal mode. I was frustrated to death at time but kept trying until I got it right. It paid off in the end.

IMO Nero was designed to make it more accessible for newcomers because playing him is very easy(with a key board too).
Reached mission 19(Legendary dark knight) and giving up till I get
a controller,also would like to say that I nearly went up in flames due to getting stuck at points due to "#$%#@! camera angle", that damn automatic setting(at least I could change that).

@quan chi:try using cereberus against the brothers,I have found that they are easy to beat if you get close to one of them and keep pummeling them.Take care not to kill one brother and leave other with more health attack them both because if one is killed then the sword goes to other and it can be a bit of a problem at higher difficulty.
Also I recommend reading up on all combos as they really help later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom