• Others

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
bjp looks like they will be just a tad short of forming in delhi...looks like reelection after 6 months...Rest all were quite easy for bjp.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Way to go AAP...
News channels all gloating over how AAP stole the show, with congress at a loss
Still an angle they are not exploring may be how AAP stole those votes from BJP as well, so really every vote for AAP is a vote against not only Cong but also BJP

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ true. If there is a re-election, I think AAP will win.

Because I think in Delhi many people who wanted to vote for APP, but voted for BJP only because they were expecting BJP to win. "Jeetna hi hai BJP ko, toh chalo inko hi vote de dete hai."

Hrishi

Way to go AAP...
News channels all gloating over how AAP stole the show, with congress at a loss
Still an angle they are not exploring may be how AAP stole those votes from BJP as well, so really every vote for AAP is a vote against not only Cong but also BJP

Yes. If it weren't for AAP , BJP would most likely have gained 40+.

Hrishi

^ true. If there is a re-election, I think AAP will win.

Because I think in Delhi many people who wanted to vote for APP, but voted for BJP only because they were expecting BJP to win. "Jeetna hi hai BJP ko, toh chalo inko hi vote de dete hai."

I agree. Now people are saying that" Pehle pata hota to kejriwal ko hi vote dete."

amjath

Human Spambot
Local news here asked some expert about aap going national, he says its possible but lots of negotiation is needed but leaders are ready for this negotiation

Is it possible in 4-5 months time? I don't think so

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
BJP won in 4 states.

I'm still not convinced if BJP is the answer to Congress.

I've seen this hysteria and mass mentality to work for Trinamool 2 years back in W.B. Trinamool came to power and we all thought our problems would end now. After two years we are not sure if overthrowing CPI(M/L) was a right decision.
Indeed we brought change but the 'change' has changed.

I hope such things do not happen with BJP (considering BJP wins the 'loksabha' election)

mediator

Technomancer
Not really. I believe BJP supporters are more of nationalists and any person who thinks of upholding India and her history is usually called "communal" these days. But, yes there are elements of herd mentality and perceptions adding to BJP where people have voted because of rising popularity of Modi. The same herd mentality and perception adds to AAP as well where nobody wants to associate their name to Congress any more. Most of AAP supporters that I have witnessed were the ones who earlier vouched for Congress, talked about MMS academic brilliance and Rahul Gandhi as future of India. They certainly had high hopes with Amul Baby and maun-mohan. I can also sense a sub-conscious fear amongst this category which does not wants to associate its name with BJP as they might be termed communal and people might start asking them questions like "Hey, what about Godhra?". But, the constant paid media bashing of Modi for the last 10 years 24x7 has acted rather contrary to objectives of the paid media and Congress high command. Many years back I was constantly bashed for openly and staunchly supporting Modi and now its a fashion. I hated Congress while people believed in Amul Baby. Now there's different tone and bashing Congress seems to be a sudden fashion.

I really believe that people who have voted for AAP are the ones who don't have much interest in Indian history, Indian politics, happenings around India let alone the ones in the remotest parts, but are simply going for AAP because of popularity and perceived "clean image". Many are the ones who wanted an alternative for Congress but did not want to associate with BJP and hence AAP. I was indeed one of those many guys who participated in Anna's anti-corruption movement held around August and December AFAIR where slogans like "Suar ka bacha kaisa ho Kapil Sibbal jaisa ho" were quite popular. But as someone said, AAP is a selfish by-product of a selfless movement. But here are a few questions to AAP supporters

1. Do you support terrorists ? If no , then how do you support a party whose co founder is fighting cases of terrorists in supreme court ?

2. Do you support a separate Kashmir ? If no , then how do you support a party whose core committee members are vociferously in favor of the same ?

3. Do you support Maoism / Naxalism ? If no, then how do you support a party whose national executive proudly carries top Naxal leaders with them ?

4. Do you think Indian Army is "communal" and human rights offender ? If no, then how do you support a party whose founders and multiple top leaders have these outlandish thoughts and are stretegically giving bad name to Army worldwide in multiple seminars ?

5. Do you support corruption ? If no , then how do you support a party which grossly fudged donation funds through fake receipts ? through back channel cash donations ?

6. Do you support Congress ? If no , then how do you support Kejriwal whose transfers as an IRS officer were held back on the recommendations of Sonia Gandhi and was kept in Delhi throughout his career ?

7. Do you support Mafias ? If no , then how do you support a party which gave tickets to Mafias and local "mawalis" ?

8. Do you support politics based on "freebies" ? If no , than how did you forget their promise of free water, half electricity rates ?

9. And lastly, do you support communal or vote bank politics ? If no then how do you support Kejriwal who begged in front of Moulana Taukeer Raza who was involved in gruesome riots of Bareily and who announced bounty for the killing of Taslima Nasreen ?

Hazare distances from Prashant Bhushan on Kashmir remark - Rediff.com News
Prashant Bhushan beaten up for his Kashmir comments - Times Of India
Cleric who issued fatwa against Taslima Nasreen may campaign for Arvind Kejriwal | NDTV.com
Kejriwal falters at first opportunity
25 Questions to @ArvindKejriwal and his Fan Boys

And I guess, for the pioneers of an independent investigation, Shazia Ilmi's sting operation was an exception, a clean chit by her own party and the self-proclaimed judges. I believe an SIT committee should be set up against her just like it was done against Modi in an era when the govt. (COngress) was staunchly anti-Modi and anti-nationals vowed to hang him. But first let Kejriwal explain the FERA violations & respond to Home ministry's queries. :oops:

For the Russel Peters fans, Another Rahulnama : *www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151746233036548&set=vb.252382316547&type=2&theater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile,
news said:
Atheists face death in 13 muslim countries
*www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/atheists-face-death-in-13-muslim-countries/article1-1161005.aspx

In 13 countries around the world, all of them Muslim, people who openly espouse atheism or reject the official state religion of Islam face execution under the law, according to a detailed study issued on Tuesday. And beyond the Islamic nations, even some of the West's apparently most democratic governments at best discriminate against citizens who have no belief in a god and at worst can jail them for offences dubbed blasphemy, it said.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ sure, the BJP fanatics may be "nationalists" in their own way, but 99% of them are superstitious idiots. Like the idiots I mentioned in post #634. They're BJP fanatics as well.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Election results for AAP sure was a shocker for each bigwigs.
Neither Congress nor BJP cared any about them prior poll. But, now they sure changed a lot of calculations.

AAP also acted as an eye-opener for all the other parties. A possible 'third-front' is in picture now. Mamatadi is in Delhi, I wonder what she's talking about.

Whatever it is, this AAP rise is going to effect in the default strategies of all parties.

LS poll would be more interesting. May be not as one directional as I thought earlier.

mediator

Technomancer
I dunno if "99.9%" is the figure, but yes superstition is an inherent part of the conditioned human nature no matter how he is tagged or likes to be tagged as, be it *theist, atheist, secularist, communist or even a person who calls himself a brahmin because his surname is trivedi,chaturvedi etc. Be it modern India or modern scientists or Vedic era, superstition, IMO, has always remained and will always remain and its not unique to India alone.

Top Bottom