Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I don't want to vote for any of them

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Raaabo,that post was supposed to be sarcastic & i believe i am not wrong about this.not to boast here but unlike some others i actually have real life credentials to back up my claim of possessing knowledge more than your average person & assuming real life to be the scale here all i see about your conversation with xyz is something like this:

Raaabo:darwin,rationality,no belief at face value,language understood by someone not familiar with vedas etc......
xyz:you are not qualified enough to talk to me since you have not read them devotedly.what is right & what is wrong?answer:i am right & you are wrong.who are you to discuss with me on science of consciousness(which btw is such a complex & wide topic that only a few top neurologists in the world can even claim to be an expert) when you haven't even understand the essence of vedas like me(supposedly).........

as for disagreeing with Einstein like you said(contrary to your belief i actually read your replies) "Science is very fallible, and that’s the very beauty of it. It does NOT have all the answers, and doesn’t claim to".however that does not mean that you or i or anyone not possessing necessary educational qualifications(advanced PHd degrees to be least) can question Einstein's theories & use that as a basis for argument.i had no problem about Heisenberg questioning Einstein over his theories but i certainly have problems with xyz/you/me raising doubts over theories of such great scientists.

And there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with Einstein, you can do it and I can do it and mediator can do it. The world will judge based on fact alone, let them.
please don't take it in the wrong way but that is a big thing to say.surely you can disagree with Einstein & so can a man who has never read about cosmological constant but just because Edwin Hubble proved Einstein wrong about this does not make that man any more qualified.as long as that man keep his disagreeing to himself it is fine but to make it known on a public forum debate demands that he must have the necessary educational qualifications to back it up.

Last edited:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I didn't mean question him without basis in fact, but questioning can be done after extensive research and learning. I'm not a strong believer in doctrinated studies as the only qualification towards thinking. Direction of thought also matters, and even Edison never got a degree. Einstein struggled with more basic language subjects, and had he been an Indian today wouldn't have got into any half decent college to be able to pursue a phd. He would still have been brilliant, but the toughness of Indian life might have found him working at a bank for all we know. Given our penchant for the sciences, I am surprised there are not more aryabhattas in our mix.

I have met people from IIT, top 100 rankers and DASA students alike, and I can tell you from experience ranks and degrees aren't everything. Most of them just relax after getting the rank, because now "life is set". We want to be economists more than scientists these days, which is sad.

A hunger to learn can be more rewarding, and yes, even you and me can question the universe. Can it happen today? Of course not, but if you have the hunger to deduce or follow your thought up with research and learning and asking for help from the PHDs you know, you can formulate theories. Just as religions seem elitist, so does science these days, and yes I agree with mediator on that. Question everything is a much better way forward towards getting answers, rather than just sitting around in awe of scientists and treating them like gods, and just accepting everything at face value.

Mind you, I'm not saying go find faults with everything that's ever been written, but certainly in the abstract and theory space, there is scope for improvement. If nothing else, following up on a thought of a physicist might aid in you proving them right. If it takes them 6 years and takes you 20, should that stop you? Imagine all the learning in the process.

Besides I know more PHDs who do nothing but parrot the accepted line than anything else and are happy to just take tuition classes - what a waste of a mind that is obviously capable of more. Through digit I've also seen kids from little villages study and learn and develop skills that a lot of us don't bother to slog towards, do we want to limit a creative and brilliant mind just because he didn't go to MIT? Our current educational system will never catch up, which is why we need to encourage thought at every level. Anyway, that's just my personal take.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Now is the time I guess to bring these back from dead. Two cents from me...
Men hate uncertainty, unknown and unexplained (IDK about animals if they also react to unknown same way as men do; but, yea men do).

Since the beginning we tried to explain things we see. It was need of the hour then and even now. Everything had to have some reason, something had to be source of it...when science was not established (well, as 'Science') the answers were given philosophically. "If, you do this, this and this, thus would happen". As identical as a scientific formula to reach a goal.

This formula or rule later became boundaries for men. Everything that can be explained or fall under these boundaries are accepted. And things that don't fall in the boundaries or can't be explained by the existing rules are...not accepted.

Now, men just did not stop assigning "not accepted" to such things/events...like I told earlier everything had to have an explanation...the next immediate task was to find out a reason of that. And if the path taken to reach the conclusion was hurried or with least effort or calculative methods...a GOD was invented to be responsible for the phenomena! Sometimes the GOD would be a bad one (Evil) responsible bad/destructive events and sometimes good ones. In summary...even in the old ages they needed someone to blame/appreciate/make responsible for things that happened.

Yes, that approach is still followed in every aspect in our daily life. Your home, your office, daily commute medium, politics, economy etc. Whenever something bad/good (though now the scapegoat is searched to take blame only) happens people start to find the reason. As if the sooner the reason is found the problem will be solved. Well, the approach is right most of the times. If you can pinpoint the reason, you just need to find an antidote for it. But, which pains me that the process now stops the moment someone agrees to take the fall.

Well, the above stanza kinda went offtopic, but this indomitable thirst to explain everything and bind everything by rule took us where we are now. The intelligent and all questioning minds gave us science whereas the lazy and all accepting minds gave us GOD.

There are two ways to reach the truth.

One is science and another is Philosophy.

Science is a slow process. It takes time to verify everything, Even after verifying it tries to reproduce the same result under different environments. If the result changes, it tries to put it into a logic. So, after a long time may be a truth worth of 1 penny was established. This truth is based on statistics, formulaes, proper guidelines to reproduce and a list of conditions on doing what the deisred output might get changed. Even teh exceptions are known.

Whereas Philosophy does not care about statistics rather work on faith and belief. It too has its own logic which are very strong but almmost all the times based on some non-verifiable allegedly fact.
Taking the road of Philosophy too we can reach the same truth but it depends on you what road you want to take.

The journey in the way of science is too long and too tough. Question, counter question, experiments, what not. You might get tired and on your weaker time tend to look for answers by other means. And having a logical and open mind you have the risk of liking the philosophical explanations of the same issue you are working on.

You know what is important? Its important for science guys to stick to science and philosophers to Philosophy only. May be then, by taking two different ways and not looking into other's notebook we one day would land in same goal.
b/w Mediator did post in reply to one of these once...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Raaabo,i have no issues regarding questioning but questioning based on your own belief is different from questioning others in a public forum like this based on your belief.you are right about Edison never having any degrees but then again Edison also didn't needed any self-efforts to spread his name & i am pretty sure that i have never heard of anyone posting here.he was more of an exception & the fact is that it is not possible for such a genius to be not noted in today's times where world is more connected than ever even if he/she doesn't possess fancy degrees.as for Einstein struggling in today's India i again disagree because i have seen people having poor language skills making it through IIT simply based on their strength in physics/maths/chemistry.

i am not saying take scientists at their face value but then again it also does not mean that you should start taking shots at them without a proper homework.i don't agree with some theories of Einstein but i never make my disagreements known in public because i know well enough with my limited knowledge of quantum mechanics,partial differential equations,Schrodinger equation & theory of relativity which i studied during my engineering studies in one of the best engineering college in India that i wouldn't stand a chance against a "real scientist with years of experience".if i can accept this reality then why can't others unless of course they claim to be "genius on par with real scientists with years of experience & sources to back their claim of genius" in which case i have no problem whatsoever.

A hunger to learn can be more rewarding, and yes, even you and me can question the universe. Can it happen today? Of course not, but if you have the hunger to deduce or follow your thought up with research and learning and asking for help from the PHDs you know, you can formulate theories.
If it takes them 6 years and takes you 20, should that stop you?
science is a very wide area & highly specialized field like theoretical physics is one of the toughest & leagues apart from other subjects.in fact i would go as far as to claim that "forget 20 years even an entire lifetime of study in theoretical physics & not less than a few hundred people in ~7 billion of humans currently even have a slight chance of coming up with a theory questioning universe & its existence on par with likes of Einstein & hawking".

you mention science being elitist & may be it is but then again it is meant to be elitist.you yourself said that Edison never possessed any degrees & yet that did not stopped him.why?because he was a genius.does that mean any one can succeed in life like Edison without formal degrees?no,because not everyone is a genius.genius word in itself has elitist nature because you can not become a genius simply by hard work alone.i ask you this:does an ordinary Indian citizen has the luxury to spend his time pondering over questions like existence of universe,significance of dark energy etc when he knew himself that he is not some genius when Indian economy,politics,society all are going down the hill(which you yourself stressed many times here)?leave such questions to those either qualified enough by virtue of their degrees or genius enough by virtue of their luck/birth.

there is a traditional Indian idiom which perfectly describes this:
jiska kaam usee ko saaje aur kare to dandaa baaje(A particular duty suits to him whose it is, if somebody else does it gets stick)
politics is not some specialized scientific area so everyone is free to debate on this.the problem arises when some self-claimed gurus starts posting texts from scriptures claiming answer to everything under the sun starting from superiority of modi over others to politics,riots,muslim invasion & their impact,evolution,dark energy & whatnot.

btw just to be morally correct(& a little bit cheeky :) ) here is a verse from Gita regarding that idom above:
Sri Krishna says this to Arjuna “One’s own duty, though devoid of merit, is preferable to the duty of another well performed. Even death in the performance of one’s own duty brings blessedness; another duty is fraught with fear.”(ChapterIII-39)

edit:just to add a bit of legal angle here too courtesy my study of Public Administration:
under article 32 of Indian constitution SC has the power to issue 5 types of writs for the enforcement of fundamental rights.one of them is "Quo warranto" which literally means "what is your authority".basically it means court asking a person holding a public office if he has all the essential qualifications & followed proper procedure to hold that office instead of just using some other ways.even judicial system does not allow a position of public authority without necessary qualifications & procedure & here people are posting like they have some kind of authoritative command over subjects they are debating.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
there neednt be nothing before big bang, all science claims is that all our measurements and proofs deal with this particular continuum, anything that existed before does not fit into our measurements and calculations, and that we have no reasonable way of knowing, proving or measuring prior states.
the story of the first few seconds is fascinating, and there is no way higher experiences or questioning alone would have led us to that knowledge. science allows us to deal with things that are very remote from human experience.

mediator

Technomancer
raaabo said:
mediator said:
The context you are trying to present revolves only around the analysis and research in the physical domain and for that matter you have unknowingly presented a paradox in the process of the reasoning. If the whirpool, the tornado of the ever changing atoms which present an "image" of raaabo to my lower conscious frameworks i.e senses and the mind, the light from which was received some nano-seconds in the past, then how can that perceived image alone be "measurable, verifiable and provable"?

Like I asked, which was ignored, what are we trying to prove here? The subject that we are trying to prove has become the past at the very moment of our analysis, let alone conclusions. If we apply Heisenberg's uncertainty principle to it, then it becomes even more difficult to prove your own existence. The moment I apply any source of energy to measure or verify the ever changing whirpool of atoms in an illusory shape of Raaabo, in the sense of dynamism, then can I really measure you, or verify or prove you?

The irony hence presented is a subject of unverifiable, unproven, unmeasured essence called Raaabo is trying to analyze the world where he percieve everything as a belief, yet seeks permanence in the chaotic dynamism.
There is no logic here, if everything occurs in the past, we must have already finished this debate. There is a time and place to bring in relativity. If you were travelling away from me at relativistic speeds, I’d be happy to discuss space-time with you. You’re not, and instead harping on a point which leads down a path to nowhere. Perhaps you think my concepts in space time are weak and are trying to exploit it in what you think is a duel of words. However, I should tell you that space and science-fiction and quantum theories are in fact really is my only area of interest, so it’s kind of pointless. You cannot have it both ways, either you accept the reality that you were born, grew up started thinking, started with the Vedas and then developed interesting (though perhaps sometimes flawed) ideas, or we argue existence and what we feel about it.
Read my questions again. You seem to have generalized again.

I did not say "everything occurs in the past". There is a difference between what is being proven and what is happening. An electron can continue to move i.e a happening, but the moment you view it by using energy, it has been changed already! Similarly, you actions i.e a happening, but the moment you try to prove that you exist, it has changed! Therefore, actions are still being done, discussiong continues and debate has not "ended"!

Raaabo said:
mediator said:
Bhakti yog, explained by Gita as well, is an art of perfection of listening/devotion/surrender. It is not the bhakti you see on TV shows or temples where people are busy ringing the temple bells or putting sweets in front of the idols. Bhakti essentially means devotion or surrender to that which you seek, a higher art or science. For a guitarist, his bhakti lies in practicing devotedly, a surrender of ego, where the person "does" withhout a sense of "I" for in the moment of that devotion, he cannot think of anything else, not even himself. The same bhakti can be seen in many students one day before exams, where they don't even listen to their hunger and thirst, let alone a sense of "I".

From your post, it is clear enough that your interest is not genuine for your interest is "based on what they see in it that you didn't". For one who truly seeks does not care about others, a competition from them or what they found that you didn't. Many people take up arts, not because arts is a fashion, but because arts is their nature. Similarly, some take music, not because music is in fashion, but music is what resonates in their inner being. Their interest is not based on what other see in it that they didn't!
Sorry, but you just haven’t understood human psychology as is visible and displayed. Musicians love music, yes, but they practise because they want to learn everything, try new things, and be good at what they do. Seeking improvement is in fact “I”, or else musicians would be happy to sit and listen to nature and all other music made before them. At heart, we’re all creationists, and we want to do things for the “I” in us. As much as you may not want to admit it, this whole debate is both you and me trying to prove that the “I” is more knowledgeable than the “you”. There’s another clue as to whether we exist or not.

In fact all seeking of knowledge is to enhance the sense of “I”. Even seeking knowledge from the Vedas is to make “yourself” better, not the world. This is simple logic and human nature, and yet you keep sidestepping it.
Again you did not understand my reply.

I'm not talking about what the musicians want, but what happens during their yog with the music itself. Its not really difficult to understand that.

raaabo said:
mediator said:
The evolution in this adventure, the rise in consciousness is something that happens naturally not because you want it and hence for that matter, everyone dwells at various levels of consciousness. Some at low and some at high depending of various factors, perhaps inborn or upbringing, parents, teacher or guidance from the shruties or may be "few good quotes", tragedies in life etc.
Ah so then evolution happens?
It is called evolution of consciousness, not darwin's evolution that I referred to.

raaabo said:
I only stated that science is a study of what’s observable, and even it requires leaps of faith, and I am sure the Vedas do too. However, they seem to me to observe less and abstract more, and thus get called “higher consciousness”, whereas perhaps they are not, which is what science is slowly eroding away at. I never claimed that both the Vedas and sciences cannot co-exist. It’s the usurping of the Vedas by a religion that made them irrelevant to the rest of the world.
And thats the flaw in many science theories (not all) that they are a study of what is "observable" or you can say an analysis of the limited more like sample testing, where the sample may or may not represent the total population and even if it represents it is hardly a 100% match! Hence my question to you,

mediator said:
My simple question to you : First, it was assumed that there is "contracting and expanding" universe. Now when universe is observed to be expanding, they deduce something called "dark energy" and used scientific words like "mysterious" to explain it. What is the guarantee that this universe will continue to expand even faster? Suppose by any chance a deceleration is observed, are we going to rip off the "dark energy" and go back to "contracting universe" or have a pudding of both?

And no Vedas do not research upon the lowest realms of consciousness to deduce a "theory". It is a science which seeks to know the highest truth and then percieve the world from that level of consciousness. Here the concept of "direct knowledge" comes into the picture, which enables a seer to have the direct understanding of the truth at various levels of existence. It is not some analysis or research in lower levels of consciousness and hence my example of eucalyptus tree which you did not take seriously.

mediator said:
A simple example :

Raaabo is sitting at the top of eucalyptus tree and Mediator down. Earth being round, your best friend comes from far where you can see but I cannot. For you, your friend is more like present-tense, but for me he is future-tense as I cannot see him. When he comes near me, where I can see him, he becomes present. For you he still remains present. When he leaves and goes at a distance where I cannot see him, he becomes past. But for you he is still more like present tense. You could see the flow, but I could not!

This eucalyptus tree here is a reflection of the scale of consciousness here, where that which is beyond the realms of time and space, cause and effect can see the cause and effect, for whom past, present and future all become one! Hence Mahakaal is called as trikaaldarshi whereas human level of consciousness can only dwell in or percieve a limited framework of cause and effect and hence there exists a science to raise one's consciousness to the Shiva/Mahakaal/Mahadev/trikaaldarshi/supreme consciousness!

raaabo said:
mediator said:
Only those who see with equal vision the Ultimate Truth in a brahman endowed with Vedic knowledge and humility, in a cow, in an elephant, in a dog and in the lower animal eating members of humanity are learned in genuine wisdom. (Bg 5.18)
So already an assumption is made that animal eaters are “lower”, and it doesn’t say what this ultimate truth is… I suspect it’s the “truth” referred to is “Do it our way or else!” Though assumption could be wrong, just as the translation could be wrong.
Indeed it is and its not an assumption, but again a "knowing", a nature of happening based on the science of satva,rajas,tamas.

If you don't have deep knolwedge of these, then it is obvious you are bound to make assumptions, conclusions or ignore what has been said. It is again an example where you are viewing the shruties through the limited frameworks of modern science.

Raaabo said:
mediator said:
Just like the experience of your father and mother on the matters of life is "higher" than you, but in terms of living, as citizens of the country etc you, your father, mother, me etc are all equally inclined. Naturally, the NASA engineer who spent years in a specialization is bound to have "higher" level of specialization and wisdom than you. Is "higher" a condescending word here?
Not at all, in fact you’re making my point for me, I’m the one who says that a NASA engineer who builds rockets that take people into space is more attuned to the realities around us and “understands” the physics of our universe better. Yet I keep hearing about how the Vedas were so great they explained the physics of the world as well as the chemistry, the make up, and thus everything in the universe. Thus the title “higher consciousness” to those who read and understand them and practice meditation, etc. That is your belief. I believe that I can read the Vedas, extract only what I need, and not follow everything they say, and not take leaps of faith as they expect me to, and that is also very much alike the “higher consciousness” that you claim to get. I also believe that many quantum physicists have attained that higher consciousness and explained the universe without the Vedas, and some have done it with ideas from the Vedas, this makes it very easily provable that they’re not the only way to a higher consciousness as you seem to portray. Also as a joke, I’d much rather fly in an aeroplane built by engineers than sadhus!

Not really, here I'm just affirming the concepts of bhakti and karma yog. EVen though, the NASA engineer is a specialized person with "higher expertise", his understanding is only limited to the realms of the physical world. But yes, through his own experience and inner intuition, he can indeed draw analogy of things happenings where he may understand the limitedness of his own actions and the nature of the higher truth.

Here "higher expertise" does not at all mean "higher consciousness". Here the "higher" has been used by me in addition to your post to show you only that "higher" can mean something different as well and not necessarily an attitude that condescends!

Raaabo said:
The absolute truth is what I seek, and yes I freely admit that there are some interesting thoughts in the old texts (original wisdom, not translated conveniently wisdom as on the blogs you linked to). However, the search for absolute truth also requires you to take questions that very well might suggest that perhaps your interpretations are flawed in some ways.[/b] The very first step to higher consciousness would logically be to question whether such a state exists at all, and had you done that, you would have much easier answers to share with me. However, since there are none, it makes me assume that perhaps you believe too easily in these concepts, perhaps because you are drawn in by the mysticism of the writings of others who claim to have attained this level.[/b]

Just as you have criticised other religions here of not being able to admit to flaws in their “logic”, I am doing the same for your belief system. And yes, I am the first to say that the science I hold dear does NOT know even 1/millionth of what is to be known yet, before you start questioning what I believe.
The question you put forward is like asking is there a state at which a person can lift 200 kgs on chest, or people walking on mountains without oxygen supply? The former can be achieved by practicing the external which requires high will power as well. The latter can be seen in the life of sherpas alone.

The state that you questioned has been put forward by different sages/seers, the authours of various Upanishads, Tantras, contributors of Veda etc. It is called as SHruti (the heard, not a physical hearing) because they experienced it and not because they debated or did some research at "physical level of consciousness".

ANyways, I have questioned the religion of Islam for I have read QUran whereas you are simply assuming and believing on the science which you have never experienced, have no interest in and have hardly read about, perhaps a few quotes out of the riddles and thereby stripping it of its poetry and riddles like you did with the atharveda text, let alone the translation.

Moreover, if you want people not to discuss other religions, then perhaps you should tell that to the clerics and perhaps raise your voice against such verses. There are many like this :

O you who believe, take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends of each other. And whoever amongst you takes them for friends he is indeed one of them. Surely Allåh guides not the unjust people. (Quran 5.51)

Raaabo said:
To the first part, yes. It’s simple proof. It happens too often, across species lines, and that forms a pattern. Again, it’s a theory, but certainly more plausible than god created us. There are intelligent parts to the Vedas and there are superstitious and religious parts, why is it you can point out flaws in logic for everything else except that?

A mosquito net is evolution, as is the electric powered All-Out I have on in my room. Science is evolution in itself. I have no troubles with you challenging science on logic, which you attempt to do often, more power to you if you prove science wrong. Heck they’ll give you a Nobel Prize and a million USD, and now is the best time to get dollars anyway… Why are you so against people challenging the knowledge of some texts written ages ago. No offense, but despite you claiming otherwise, it sounds more and more like you believe in it most believe in their religion – with blind faith.

I will be the first to point out that Big Bang theory is in fact a theory with some evidence, but certainly no definitive proof. Also there are more probable theories now that suggest there was no big bang. Or that it’s possible that evolution was not as per the timelines suggested, but the overwhelming proof being found cannot just be ignored just because it’s inconvenient. I am all for listening to theories as to how evolution is against the ways of nature, and something that proves how mankind has always existed in the current form. As long as there’s proof and logical data to support a claim, I am all for it. Otherwise it’s just abstract claims – even more abstract than the Big Bang Theory.
Earlier I asked you questions on evolution, and you gave me a link to "wikipedia" on evolution. If my simple questions cannot be answered by you and you want to play the game of link then here you for the evolutionfairytale

Great Scientist Debunks Evolution DR John Sanford - YouTube
Debunking Evolution - problems between the theory and reality; the false science of evolution
*www.vedicsciences.net/articles/darwin-debunked.html

The links are too many for you to read. Here are my questions

What really happened to the dinosaurs or the explanation is again a plausible theory? Since the survival of the fittest, adaptation and mutation enables the species to grow to a more suitable environment, is it necessary that the eating habits would change too? How were the senses developed? Did they happen in one day or incrementally? Most importantly when did the life come? Do you understand the history of E.Coli experiment and its advancements so far? The questions are many. Let see how far can you talk on these alone from the framework of "proven or measured or seen".

Moreover, I haven't really found a flaw in the shruties yet and the more I propound it to you, the only thing you have to say is that it is a belief.

I asked you to prove your existence, and your reply was "You don't exist then as well". I argued " how will you prove if the subject to prove has become past at the moment of analysis, let alone conclusion" and you replied "Hey, then this debate already ended". I explained the bhakti-yoga and your reply was "We have a sense of I for what we want", "I explained the essence of higher in context of consciousness" and you judged it as "higher" is condescending. To me, it only looks like you are trying to dodge my questions in every possible way.

Raaabo said:
A mosquito net is evolution, as is the electric powered All-Out I have on in my room. Science is evolution in itself. I have no troubles with you challenging science on logic, which you attempt to do often, more power to you if you prove science wrong. Heck they’ll give you a Nobel Prize and a million USD, and now is the best time to get dollars anyway… Why are you so against people challenging the knowledge of some texts written ages ago. No offense, but despite you claiming otherwise, it sounds more and more like you believe in it most believe in their religion – with blind faith.
Again my questions to you, if you are done with the humour of "all-out", "Nobel-Prize" and again dodging my questions.

mediator said:
So we found different varieties of fossils and made an assumption that "evolution happened"? A land species which looked similar in structure to the air one and hey, we found a missing link? When was the first flight from land to air evolution happened? Is that recorded or an assumption connoting a time scale? Is that measurable, verifiable and proven? If thats the case, then perhaps humans should have evolved to be resistant to "mosquito bites" alone or does mutation, adaptation and survival of the fittest are completely silent on the diseases caused by food habits, deficiency of vitamins, minerals, protiens etc, heat, cold, insect bites etc? There are many other factors which can be put and are not really registered in the dictionary of mutation, adaption and the survival of the fittest.
Can you please simply answer my questions?

Raaabo said:
I will be the first to point out that Big Bang theory is in fact a theory with some evidence, but certainly no definitive proof. Also there are more probable theories now that suggest there was no big bang. Or that it’s possible that evolution was not as per the timelines suggested, but the overwhelming proof being found cannot just be ignored just because it’s inconvenient. I am all for listening to theories as to how evolution is against the ways of nature, and something that proves how mankind has always existed in the current form. As long as there’s proof and logical data to support a claim, I am all for it. Otherwise it’s just abstract claims – even more abstract than the Big Bang Theory.
What you can as proof is actually called an assumption based on observations. We have have the understanding of mutation and adaption and similarities between two fossiles and we immediately assume "Hey, thats evolution". To me thats an assumption, just like two similar looking boys can be assumed to be brothers.

But anyways, with the science of consciousness you really don't need to run after "probably theories", spoonfeeding of evidences before the atheists can "safely" start using it in their arguments. One who has already transcended doesn't need Veda and thats the beauty!

For your amusement : Can Your Body Sense Future Events Without Any External Clue?: Northwestern University News

Raaabo said:
Space time = 0 for the big bang theory, but only because the laws of physics break down at a singularity. Thus what existed before a singularity cannot be calculated. Even with beliefs, scientists have to be able to calculate their way back. Since they cannot calculate past the big bang, they have conveniently called space-time relative for observers. A nano second after the big bang, observation is possible, physics exists again, and space-time comes into being.

Absolute time also exists in quantum theories, which is independent of physics, and thus can go back beyond the big bang, but it is meaningless, as we have no reference frame of it. Thus it could be a trillion trillion years in absolute time, but it’s easier to say 20 billion years since the big bang. Also, I already said the big bang is a theory, and perhaps not the best fitting one with the evidence at hand.
I think, you yourself are not aware, as to how illogical that sounds! Now my question, why do tha laws of physics break down at singularity? What made us assume so? And lets say, even if another "big-bang" happens, is it necessary that the laws of physics to be the same as in today's universe?

If you already made so many assumptions which are not really "measurable, verifiable or proven", then why did not we "assume" more on what was before t=0?

Raaabo said:
The universe is expanding like a balloon expands when you blow air into it. Every galaxy is moving away from every other galaxy, and tracing it back brings us to some point in space where scientists assume the big bang happened. However, it doesn’t have to be a creation point. In fact other theories suggest that the universe is not infinite, and in fact space-time itself could be spherical in shape like the earth, thus you could theoretically travel across the universe to arrive back where you came from. I am aware that the Vedas suggest the universe is like an egg that’s rotating, and many physicists like to quote the Vedas here, while others point out that the model that mathematically works doesn’t rotate, and their egg theory perhaps came from seeing the solar system rather than a much higher understanding of quantum physics, since there are no colourful examples provided. If they really understood the concept, then there would have been something like “Descending from Brahma’s forehead, you can travel to the ends of the universe and find that you never moved at all” Or something that even remotely suggests that they also thought this way. It’s more likely that the text was referring to the vastness of the universe, and centering it around earth came up with the shape of the spinning egg – since all the stars seem to spin around the sky. However, what you get from the abstracts, in not what a physicist gets, and it may spark him into new theories.

Also remember, you are quoting science theories, which are basically ways of trying to understand the universe mathematically. They are theories, and no one calls them fact. Just as evolution is still a theory, despite all of the evidence in its favour. However, you not flying off the face of the earth, and why, is a fact. The same way we accurately measured the gravity of the moon just by looking at it through a telescope, and also of Mars and Venus and even Mercury, and were thus able to send probes and landers there, correctly finding the right orbit to take, the amount of rocket thrust to land on the surface. Too much thrust you take off again, too little you crash into the planet destroying everything you spent billions on… This is proof, evidence, empirical data, things you can see. Sitting in another city you can say things to me, that’s something you’re doing. I know you like to question the very existence of everything, but then why is it you do anything at all. Why did you get out of bed today? Why do you continue to breathe? Let’s move beyond the silly existential stuff and understand that you live in a physical world, and you have to accept its laws. I don’t mean the police’s laws, I mean physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics.

“What if” is a double-edged sword, so understand it cuts you as well as someone else. All of the logic science uses, it welcomes to be used against it. Every theory that’s put up is debated, and even if ALL the leading thinkers and researchers agree (rarely happens anyway) it’s still just a more plausible theory until proven with physical evidence. If a religion was running the LHC, I have no doubt they would have found something of global importance by now. However science is not afraid to say, “Hey, we tried, we spent a trillion dollars, we ran our experiments, we found nothing!” Even if it were just a belief, I’d rather believe in something like that, than something that crumbles when questioned by mere logic – which is something every human is born with. Even little children who put their fingers into a flame and get burnt never do it again, because they learn…
Again you have totally dodged my questions and started explaining how modern science works and the meaning of Big-Bang .

My questions should have been answered already by an "atheist", an astute scientific mind like yours by now. My questions :

mediator said:
And so the big-bang happened. What was before that t=0? Where did that concentrated chunk of matter come from? Why did it concentrate in the first place? Remember, the "mysterious dark energy" which is trying to "explain" the faster expanding universe is contrary to the "contracting universe" side of the theory! This is what I call a research work, analogous to sample testing in marketing and not really a science! You observe and you "assume and make conclusions" and when those conclusions don't fit in the newly revealed play of Shakti, you do your homework again and make new "conclusions and assumptions" telling others "This is how modern science progresses"!

My simple question to you : First, it was assumed that there is "contracting and expanding" universe. Now when universe is observed to be expanding, they deduce something called "dark energy" and used scientific words like "mysterious" to explain it. What is the guarantee that this universe will continue to expand even faster? Suppose by any chance a deceleration is observed, are we going to rip off the "dark energy" and go back to "contracting universe" or have a pudding of both?

Raaabo said:
Ah I can see that the only defence you have left now is to attack the very science you were once quoting and finding parallels with in the ancient text. Look! They also said the earth was round! See how smart they were…. Has now become an entire superstition? I suppose it’s a global scale conspiracy, and Neil Armstrong was filmed in a studio in California, every government has always lied to us, and NASA is an even bigger PR machine spewing out falsehoods than NaMo’s team. You’re making this into a science vs Vedas debate, when it’s purely a question of whether “you” (mediator) are actually looking at them as a faith or as a science, and “me” (Raaabo) questioning the lack of logic in your findings… Again, I have nothing against the Vedas except my original statement of them being irrelevant to the masses now (for good) and having too much religious-like leaps of faith required for them to ever appeal to the non-hindus and scientists, thus again, making them irrelevant in a grander scheme of things. I also contest the achieving of higher consciousness itself, and even if it can be done, assuming the Vedas are the only way to do so is again belief, and reeks of a more religious than scientific bent of mind.
Again an instance where you are rather curious towards my percieved intentions rather than what I have posted.

If you you read my posts clearly, then I have stated parallels as well as differences. A few examples -

Parallels :
- Parallel Universes
- Quantum theory, which state evverything is a dance of energy. It is the only science in modern age which is close to the Vedic science
- Gravity, mathematics etc

Differences
- No concept of vedic mathematics in modern thinking
- Time is linear as per modern science, but cyclic as per Vedic, just liek tides from the ocean example.
- The evolution theory and the big bang are like fairytales at the conception of higher levels of consciousness.
- The shruties speak of evolution of conciousness where evolution at physical domain has no meaning. The consciousness can evolve as well as devolve

The golden egg, FYI, is again a metaphor. It is a part of Rigveda, where the metaphor implies the deepest secrets of manifestations. The golden connotes the element of life force where garbha means womb, i.e the realm of matter. From the nature of Tantras also this can be explained, a dance of Shiva (golden) and Shakti (garbha). But apparently, to an atheist like you who have hardly read any scriptures or devoid of basic nature if the riddles and metaphors, this is bound to look like Big-Bang, perhaps because a few people attached to "Hinduism" say so and hence your judgement which is again based on the acts of people that thinks that for the students of Indian science like me it means "Big_bang"?

Raaabo said:
True knowledge is something anyone can absorb. Give them a book and if they can understand it, it’s knowledge. Teach a child on his fingers to count from 1 to 10. That’s knowledge. Teach a child a language to be able to communicate and share ideas, that’s knowledge. Explain to him why he throws a ball at 45 degrees it travels furthest, but at 30 degrees with more force it goes swifter and is a good angle for the wicket keeper to keep an eye on it all the time – that’s knowledge. Knowledge is something we can use in everyday life, to relax, to learn, to build, and yes to think. Even the Vedas are knowledge, as is Sanskrit, as are the books of all religions, not just yours. Even the thoughts of every commenter on this forum is a form of knowledge. As long as all knowledge is taken in as is, without blind belief it’s beneficial.
Wrong again! When attachment comes into the picture, the greatest of the knowledge can become ignorance and hence the people attached to evolution theory have no idea about the superstition they are dwelling in. Similarly, it doesn't matter if one mugs up all the vedic mantras. Even if they understand it from only a linguistic point of few and the meaning of the words, it really proves no use.

Stephen_Hawking said:
Both Vedic and modern science agree upon a continuous dance of creation and annihilation of particle energy everywhere in the universe - Siva tandavam as per Hindu mythology, Rigveda discusses this cycle in detail.

Vedic View: The Universe rotates, shaped like an egg.
Modern View: The Universe is still and it resembles the surface of a sphere.

McCauley’s Educational Act of India (dated Feb 2nd 1854) aims at transforming Indians to be English in taste, morals and opinion. I strongly feel the process of westernization has brought about a psychological slavery among Indians who’d opt to be Engineers rather than Vedic scholars, given a choice.
To conclude, Vedas are a vast storehouse of knowledge, abundant information and solutions waiting to be discovered by dedicated youngsters
Can you please provide me the sanskrit of the above bold for even the manifestation in the infinite can rotate and revolve.

Raaabo said:
I absolutely agree with you 100%. I am not, have not, and never will be as well-versed as you are in the Vedas because I have not even a 1/100th the interest you have. I never claimed to have an interest in them, I have an interest in the mind, psychology, how humans think, why they believe certain things and not the other, what is this higher consciousness, why do marijuana smokers report the exact same symptoms, etc. I only offer arguments based on that interest, and have never claimed to be taking any stance but that. I also have made it clear from the beginning of this discussion that I require proof, facts and will not take anything on faith. Just as both you and me will not accept that any Abrahamic god built the universe, I also refuse to just accept that any other force called Brahma / Brahman did, and accept that humans know exactly how long he lives, because he told them!
Had you stated this in the start only, you would have saved your time and mine as well. :(

Raaabo said:
@mediator: I hope you will finally understand why I spent so much time questioning you, and I hope you take this in the right spirit:
I perceived an arrogance regarding your understanding of the Vedas – perhaps related to knowing Sanskrit, or just for feeling that you know more than anyone else in general. You are obviously also interested in science, yet you are letting your love for the Vedas even get in the way of logic. This is the point where a science starts turning into a religion, and as I said before, arrogance of faith leads to an end of learning
To be honest, There are many people who say this to me. But this is my natural style of debating. I'm not trying to be arrogant or attached to any kind of knowledge at all and hence here telling the history of brahminism, cast system, attachment of Veda leading to a fashionable cult to (dwivedi, trivedi, chaturvedi etc just like atheism is a cult born out of attachement to modern science). Just like a Haryanvi/Punjabi may sound arrogant to delhite or a delhite may sound aggressive/arrogant to a south indian. Similarly, I guess people are attached to my style of writing.

Arrogance is only a perception here and hence I often request people to transcend beyond names, style, forms etc and understand the underlying essence. If this is the only reason you debated, then you may ignore my post! :(

But like I said earlier, even if it sounds arrogant, then this is Fight Club which has no place for those who are disturbed by arrogance or provocations.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^wah.
both of you are arguing on a thing. Whereas your is 'science of consciousness' and his is 'observe, measure, verify and prove'.
Two different paths to reach a goal. Why you expect him to explain everything by the standard, tools and methods that 'YOU' insist so much whereas his explanations of your claims are just nullified by you?

Two different persons debating, if he 'believed' everything you stated thus far and 'experienced' 'science of consciousness' would there be a debate (yes, there is still a chance that he could have experienced something totally different than you. But, that would again go into an infinite loop as you would have claimed 'that's no experience at all as his experience not matching up to you)

It seems, you have run out of options and logic. For every question asked, only answer left by you now is 'experience the science of consciousness' but don't try to prove it. Raaabo always cleared that he would NOT take anything on face value until and unless it can't be proved. Get it? "CAN'T BE PROVED" is the phrase to note and remember here.

Science proves, then questions itself, then tweaks the result, then questions again and this neverending process of 'knowing' keeps on going. Its called evolution of truth. What is truth today may become one of the 'good choices' later. There is no absolute truth in science but seems you dwell with "absolute truth" here. You found that in "Veda" (and other such texts originated only from ancient India and obviously untouched and uninfluenced by foreign religions). You are so sure that this is the "absolute truth" that you won't even question it.

IDK if you ever did? You might have done in the starting phase of your life when you were an 'atheist' (in true blue abrahamic meaning) and then turned into a theist (again in a true blue abrahamic meaning). Its now very important to know what influenced you, what changed you, what experience you have had, what were the circumstances (socio-political) around you at that time?

Swami Vivekanada was an atheist in his early life. Even his being 'atheist" was mostly what you call 'abrahamic' way of questioning. Then something happened and he changed; he became the most renowned person in 'Hindu' dharma and helped spreading the teachings of Veda,Upanishada,Gita in the world. I'm, for a long, time trying to search the reason of that change; every document I get, claims there had been a miracle and he changed. None exactly tells and unfortunately Swamiji himself did not document it anywhere. May be that's the missing link in what could have been the most important evolution in Hindu-dharma.

You? No, obviously I'm not comparing you with him. He was not an arrogant, pompous, blinded-by-faith person like you. He read more than you, met more people than you, learnt with open heart and respected each religion as it is. B/W, IDK your opinion on him (he's documented of praying to an idol, inviting muslim seers in his ashram and spending days with them in discussing philosophy, celebrating Christ's birthday at his ashram and discussing Bible with his disciples)

snap

Lurker
@mediator

raaabo said:
Also, understanding when ALL ancient texts were written (not just the Vedas, but the Abrahamic ones too) and in what social context is important, and belief is never to be taken at face value. Lines from a book mean nothing, it is the way people behave and how they welcome questioning and learning that really matters.

I agree that the Vedas have interesting ideas in them, but alas, I do not see it ever being possible for them to be universally acceptable, given that they have been usurped by a religious belief to add more gold in temples and garner votes.

I also want to add, I am only disappointed at the way people argued, willing to forego logic to try and get a point across and take a pot shot at other religions. Some of the comments made in this thread were indeed deplorable, and I certainly hope that we all can do better in real life. Not once did anyone supporting the Vedas as a science condemn the way “Hinduism” interprets the Vedas today and uses them for gain, and not once did anyone show it the anger and hatred that was shown towards other religions.

you tell us to transcend beyond the names and the rituals, as you say to attain "higher consciousness" but today the followers of vedas are still stuck at idol worshipping and other rituals.

mediator

Technomancer
rishi said:
But all I asked was two simple questions . I still don't understand. My level of consciousness is not that high.
To be honest, the answer to your earlier question is neither yes nor no, also both yes and no.

In brief -

Is it neither yes nor no, because of the research, analysis, verification based on observation done in a realm of limitedness where tools of analysis lik microsocope, telescope etc are nothing by an extension of our sense. Now our sense as I have argued at length are subject of limitedness, where mind itself a dance of division of things and its essential nature. From higher perspective, everything is atoms/energy. Yet by default, we see divisions, a concept of yours and mine whereas your own atoms are not yours, but a momentary borrowing from the nature and then giving back to the nature. From even a higher perspective, we can still find "an order" in this dance of energy/atoms that is making a see a shape of your body. From a level higher, I can see a connection of that order to other orders, that is the sun, earth, your mom, dad and everything else. From a level higher, I can see that these orders are a part of the same order (Ritam).

Thus from higher levels of reasoning and higher consciousness (where reasoning fails to exist), the question of yes or no ceases to exist.

It is Yes and No, from a phyical framework. It is correct as it has many concepts like mutation and adaptation and it is no because there is an assumption based on those concepts and fossils found that there could be an evolution as presented by the theory. It is like an assumption that if I see two similar boys, then by default I may make an assumption that they are brothers. Similarly, there are concepts underlying Big-Bang like red-shift which is correct and based on observation alone which remains consistent, verifiable and proven and measurable. But the assumption that everything was concentrated at one place without explaining in the same consistency as to what existed before or where it came from becomes a flaw, an expose of that assumption which is based on the same paramaters which we are trying to use to view physical world and the science behind i.e modern material science!

snap said:
you tell us to transcend beyond the names and the rituals, as you say to attain "higher consciousness" but today the followers of vedas are still stuck at idol worshipping and other rituals.
I have already addressed that. Like I said, attachment to any kind of knowledge be it Vedas can lead to ignorance.

O Arjuna, men of limited understanding presume speculative interpretations of the Vedic scriptures, advocating that there is no divine principle in creation; full of lascivious desires, aiming to attain the lush heavenly worlds; they glorify only the statements in the Vedas which are pleasing to their senses; performing numerous ostentatious rituals productive of good birth, wealth and power insuring sense enjoyment and worldly pleasures. (BG 2.42-43)

Again, divine here refers in the context of consciousness alone!

Anorion said:
universe is not infinite. couldn't be, or the light from all the stars would have burned our eyes out. by current understanding, if you go in a straight line, you don't keep going forever, you end up back where you started. most modern scientific theories cannot work in an infinite universe. universe is like screen in snake.
What makes you assume so? Do I really care how the modern science theories work? Do I have to fit my understanding in their framework? What is the guarantee that the star which is some 10000 light years away from us is even existing right now? If, The light reached us after 10000 years, then it simply means that the light we see right now belongs to the star that existed 10000 years back in the history. Moreover, there is a concept of bending of light due to gravity. What is the guarantee that the light that is percieved from the north/front is actually coming from the north/front? Isn't it possible that it came from east/left or west/right or perhaps from behind, like lines of magnetic forces as shown in a bar magnet diagram?

Anyways, mosquito can evolve too. But why not its eating/sucking habits then? Why still blood, why not human pus?

raaabo said:
This is from someone whose views I respect a lot. Someone who really has shunned the physical world unlike those who claim to, even if he had no choice in the matter. This is someone who cannot help but spend all his time thinking, and is the closest thing to a higher consciousness that can perhaps exist for me. And yes, he meditates as well!
I agree with that!

Last edited:

Hrishi

Originally Posted by mediator
Now our sense as I have argued at length are subject of limitedness,...
No . It is not.The limitedness ceases gradually as we discover reasons for things we explore.
I think Even according to the Veda , when you acquire more knowledge your level should increase.If our sense were to be limited we would not have been a subject of evolution.We would still be climbing tress and clothing in deer skins.

It may be true that the research and analysis done on majority of topics are based on limited information or the only information that we are aware of , but that limit gradually recedes as we learn/explore more and more.

For every level of higher perspective there exists another higher level of perspective according to what you are saying. If I were to agree with that then wouldn't I be stuck in a infinite number of perspectives , to which I see no end ?

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
@Rishi - You should read Kena and Katha Upanishad for this (I'd recommend Aurobindo)! You did not understand the context of my post. Your eyes can see blue color of the sky (limitations, divisions etc) whereas it is through reasoning and higher understanding that we derive at a conclusion that the sky is colorless! Once this chain of reasoning keeps on going, it reaches an end from where a chain of higher experience starts and then to a stage where there is essentially no difference remaining between the experiencer, experiencing and the experienced.

@Rhitwick - You may call me whatever you like. But somehow, your posts sound to me a like a long lost bro who is angry at me because I did not invite him to my birthday party!

Hrishi

@Rishi - You should read Kena and Katha Upanishad for this (I'd recommend Aurobindo)! You did not understand the context of my post. Your eyes can see blue color of the sky (limitations, divisions etc) whereas it is through reasoning and higher understanding that we derive at a conclusion that the sky is colorless! Once this chain of reasoning keeps on going, it reaches an end from where a chain of higher experience starts and then to a stage where there is essentially no difference remaining between the experiencer, experiencing and the experienced.
According to your understanding of Vedas do you agree that Universe is limited and Finite or do you disagree to this ? Do you believe in multiverse theories ? What's your definition of singularity ?

If you have already answered them , please quote the original post.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Anyways, mosquito can evolve too. But why not its eating/sucking habits then? Why still blood, why not human pus?
because mosquito technology tree started with blood sucker
prey and predator, parasite and host, bee and flower tend to maintain relationship despite attempts to evolve out of that relation. it's called red queen hypothesis.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@mediator: Instead of quoting I’m just going to reply, hoping maybe the shorter length of posts will get you to see the points I make instead of just ignoring them. Plus it’s more iPad friendly.

“Understanding” is the very problem. What you understand as the forgetting or losing sense of “I” is peppered by your examples of showcasing the search to improve the “I” that we feel. I’m still waiting for examples that make sense (in this world of ours that doesn’t exist in the “now” according to you). You’re too high on your higher consciousness to accept even the possibility that your search for losing the sense of “I” is just making you a bigger “I”. Again, I am not questioning the Vedas, I am questioning your understanding of them and your experiences and learning, or knowing.

At the risk of being too repetitive: “Science” is seeking truth step by step, being wrong, questioning, accepting the wrongs and moving along. No science can “know” everything and not be able to demonstrate or explain, otherwise it’s just “faith”. Religions, without exception, explain “everything”, because they’re based solely in faith. And if that’s a concept that’s hard for you to understand, then we’re at an impasse that cannot be breached without logical and rational thinking. Let’s try this a new way – quote some examples of what the Vedas were totally wrong about. Something you don’t agree with at all, because it just cannot be explained or demonstrated.

As someone pointed out earlier, you’re questioning quantum level physics, and taking the answers from ancient text. However, what are those answers, and what is the proof they provide? Just keep it simple for us simple folk, and explain the universe to us. Why not give us your vedic-based facts that will explain the shape of the universe for us lower consciousness retards – with proof and reasoning please, not faith. If you “know”, you can explain the reasoning – that’s the very definition of science in every language.

Also I am tired of the examples of weightlifters. How much were you able to lift before, and then after reading the Vedas, now that you “know”. Give us examples of how your own life is so much better, now that you “know” all of the secrets of the universe that the idiot scientists such as Einstein and Hawking have wasted their entire lives on. In fact, you have to be smarter than those idiots, because even Hawking himself studied the Vedic literature, as have many scientists, and yet the fools still go on looking for proof instead of just being satisfied with knowing all the answers.

I have one problem with sages and seers – they are/were all human. What you are basically saying is that all of humanity are a bunch of idiots, all of these people who are trying to explain the universe, built cities, explained gravity, landed on the moon, built the ISS, the Hubble telescope, landed probes on Mars, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury, and who you will eventually approach to save your life one day with surgery or chemotherapy – all of those people’s knowledge for the past thousands of years, pales in comparison to some sages and seers who lived a couple of thousand years ago, who talk of things in the abstract and give no proof whatsoever for their findings. And the proof of this is that you can achieve it too?

I know you have meditated, have you smoked marijuana? “Science” would demand that you at least try it once to ensure that you are not being deceived by your own mind. Oh wait, but that would be doubt, and doubt isn’t a part of this science, only faith…

Not once have you shown a single thread of doubt for absolutely anything you have read in the Vedas your entire life, because they’re perfect as you say. This is exactly the same feeling Christians get by following Christ, and the others get by following their beliefs. This “higher state of consciousness” is widely documented by all religions – even witchcraft. Read a little about it. How do Muslims slash themselves with knives and get through the pain? How do some orthodox Christians (in Brazil) get themselves crucified on Good Friday? What about all of those people who claim that their faith in Jesus or Allah healed them of cancer? Some are even documented in science as miracle recoveries and amazing fightbacks. Is that not transcending the physical? If you agree in the ability to ascending / transcend the physical, then surely you have to also admit that ALL religions allow for this based on faith.

Why use the very logic you hate being used against you now to counter those other religions? You believe. They believe. You can do feats that are not normal. They can too. You can heal yourself. They can too. Everything you claim to be able to do, they claim it too. You can understand the entire universe without the need of any proof. They do too. Why bother with any proof against any belief in that case, because the proof itself lies in the past, and thus you only question motive. So sure, you can question the motives of the Vatican and Saudi clerics, but you cannot question anyone’s beliefs (especially not with logic of the physical) since you do not allow the questioning of your own beliefs with those same tools.

Any religious follower can turn around and tell you, “Sure, the texts are far-fetched, but my experience with my God is not, and I cannot explain it, it’s a personal feeling between me and my God”. You haven’t followed their religion, so you don’t know, just as I haven’t followed yours and I don’t know when you claim it, and just as you haven’t followed science by being logical and present in the physical, you can’t judge science.

The evolution debunkers you point out are the God channel, a vedic site and newgeology? Those are some of the worst examples around. Besides, let’s use their simple logic against them - where are all the fruit flies of today in fossils? Where are all the humans? Where are the elephants? Think of every single of the millions of species we have around us, birds, insects, mammals, fish, etc. Do they actually suggest that billions upon billions of house flies and fruit flies lived in prehistoric times, and not even a “single” one was ever killed or trapped in a place where it could be fossilised? OK, fruit flies are tiny, what about the great whales or elephants, or giraffes? Not even a single one died and landed in a place that later dried out to find fossils? Not one single human (the way we know them) ever fell off a cliff and got fossilised? Not even a tooth? Oh yes, I forgot, they were “perfect”. Besides, what happened to all the imperfect humanoids whose remains we have found? Why did they die out? Where are all the dinosaurs and cockroach-cousins as big as cars? Forget that, where are all the weird plants species that are found in fossils? Why did the trees change?

As for what happened to the Dinosaurs – science has theories, but the definitive answer for now is “We don’t know”. However, apparently the Vedas have told you as much, why not enlighten the world? You would think enough of the Vedic followers would have at some point felt bad and said, “OK, I feel bad for all you idiots wasting billions of dollars on finding fossils, sit down, let me explain…” Why do you insist on pointing out where science itself says, “I may be wrong, but…” Only a fool thinks of himself as perfect, the wise admit to their own mistakes.

Please understand what you are suggesting, and look at the claims you make, and for once try some basic level logic, because whether you like it or not, the world runs on logic. The PC you will reply from works on logic, and logic is a good thing… Using Stephen Hawking’s example, we cannot yet explain the human mind or way of thinking, but we can the computer mind / intelligence. Why is it that as soon as you turn on computers, they do not look into the future? Why is it that everything follows the path of increasing time, never decreasing? Why is it when you shuffle a pack of cards, you never get them all nicely sorted according to suite and order? It’s called entropy, and yes it’s a theory, but easily detectable in the real world.

As for the Shruties, it’s wonderful that you have never found a flaw. However, have you for even one minute considered that it’s the doctrine that’s perfect, not the actual texts. Give people “freedom” and they don’t know what to do with it, and will generally still follow accepted beliefs. Even better, give people the freedom to interpret things as they please, and claim that all of the answers arrived at are right. Perfection! I don’t know much about the Vedas or the writers, but even I can tell you that they were great psychiatrists. Think of the average American today, who honestly believes he or she is the most free people on earth, from the bottom of their hearts, but I am sure even you will agree that they are not.

Besides, flaws are human, and even if there is a God, and he came down from heaven to pass on the knowledge of the Vedas to ordinary humans so that they could ascend the lower consciousness that plagued them, they certainly must have been distorted, and human error introduced before someone wrote them down. Where are these errors? But I suppose I am wasting my time, because it’s like asking a devout, true believer of a Catholic to point out the errors in the Bible!

I replied your question about “Who are you” and threw it right back at you, but have yet to receive a response. You dodge logic whenever it is directed at you, yet try and use it against all religions. You ridicule science, yet use it as a crutch to bash other religions. It’s getting rather predictable and boring now. When you’re asked to explain this so called higher consciousness, the answer is it’s personal, when you say knowledge just flows into you, and you are asked to share these pearls of wisdom – so that we can quickly call up Stephen Hawking and tell him to stop everything that he’s thinking, because mediator has all the answers – we get silence, or excuses about how the universe doesn’t even exist in the physical. Why are you here playing in the muck with all of us lowly beings?

I know if I’d found the wondrous heaven of consciousness, that’s where’s I’d be. If I had lost all sense of “I” what would I care what some chaotic form of atoms thought of my views, and would they even be my views?

As for presentiment, there are schools of thought (yes, belief not fact) that suggest that our bodies actually sense changes that our conscious mind does not, and our sub-conscious does, and these send warning signals. There is also enough evidence to suggest that it is often wrong, but we only remember it when it’s right… For example, when you see a dark alley and avoid it because the hairs on your neck stand up and you feel a tingling sensation – even animals have this. Now you didn’t go in to the alley and it is forgotten, unless of course you read in the paper the next day that someone was robbed or murdered in that alley. Then you remember it, and you remember it for life, because it becomes important, and a feeling of you being able to predict the future. This is a simplistic example. It’s also human nature to empathise. When a close friend dies, you suddenly remember feeling something weird at around the time they were breathing their last. More often than not, it’s just empathising in the moment, and your mind playing tricks on you, but sometimes with twins, this is actually seen. Enough twins have had accidents with their counterparts feeling nothing, yet in a few cases they have, and this is under investigation. Of course, we have no answers, but I am sure you do. Since you brought it up, why don’t you enlighten us – and please try not to veil it with quotes, we believe your integrity to not lie about what’s in the Vedas, instead, just give us your understanding and explanation of why this is so in simple English. What use is knowledge if it’s not shared, right?

As for the laws of physics, even singularities and black holes are explainable – only mathematically, since we haven’t been to a black hole to take any measurements, or sent any probes into one. The day that happens, I am sure science will have more answers, but for now, they are theories. The older big bang theory suggests a creation event, however, new theories are trying to imagine space-time itself as curved, and spherical, thus having no beginning and no end, just like the earth has no edge. The laws of physics hold true in this universe, and there is no creation event, and thus no creator.

Even further research is being done into string theory that suggests 10 to 26 higher dimensions, which I am sure you will have already visited in your mind. However string theory could be terribly wrong, and may be a dead end investigation. Why don’t spiritual gurus come and help these scientists a bit by pointing them in the right direction with all of the knowledge that has flowed into them?

Explain cyclic time, and does time move backwards in the vedic universe? If this is with respect to the expanding and contracting universe, some now believe that the universe isn’t really expanding or contracting, but in fact appears to be because space-time itself is spherical… as I stated before. Thus as, say, a hundred people move south from the north pole down longitudes, the distance is near zero when they are all at the poles, and the distance between people keeps increasing until they’re at the equator, and then seems to decrease as they pass it – this could be one possible explanation of the galaxies all moving apart from one another. Of course, as ever, the simple answer is, “We still don’t know”.

Since evolution and physics theories are fairytales according to you, what is the view of the Vedas on the subject – in English please, for us idiots? Feel free to use accepted scientific terms such as dark matter and energy also, so that we can grasp the concepts more easily.

I now await the examples of vedic superiority in explaining the universe, and not the state of mind that is personal and cannot be shared. After all, all of this flowing knowledge being drunk up by wise men must have brought about some fine creations in the history of mankind, and shouldn’t just be visible in fossils of 12k year old cities, there must be modern ways in which they’re contributing to mankind by imparting knowledge that can help us find our place in the universe – as a whole, not as individuals. I certainly hope it will not be more abstract examples, such as the physical is fake, practicality is for idiots, and you cannot understand unless you meditate type of responses. After all, losing sense of “I” would by very definition mean that the single individual cannot be the only benefactor, and should be able to teach others.

Also, your logic is again flawed in responses to others:

You are forgetting that the sciences don’t only use touch, taste, smell, vision and hearing, they also use “thinking”. A lot of the theories debunked by you are sheer examples of human ingenuity to imagine a past 20 billion years ago (which can never be measured), and thus they are in a very true sense, a higher consciousness. And yet they do it within the parameters of the world we live in, not fantasy. And again you go back to the big bang which would actually explain something like Brahma’s life cycle, but newer theories suggest that an “always existed” universe is more likely. My reasoning is above, but again remember this is my understanding, and I’m not even Stephen Hawking’s little left toe.

@whitestar: collective wisdom often comes from arguments. If you have theories, present them, and let the people who want to question it question them. For everyone who questions Einstein’s theories here, there will be someone questioning back. Thus it doesn’t require Einstein or Hawking to be present, and at the same time increases the knowledge of groups. Certainly better than sitting around thinking about something without any feedback whatsoever.

Chances of one of us winning the nobel prize, infinitesimally miniscule, chances of us all going away from this with new insights and ways of looking at things, pretty significant. It would be foolish to send in a research paper to a department of theoretical physics based on our current knowledge, but absolutely no harm in someone challenging the theory on the forum with their own understanding. If none of us can give that person a satisfactory answer, then we obviously do not know enough ourselves, and thus it will help us learn something.

Top Bottom