Deathly Hallows Released : Post Comments (Don't post Spoilers)

Do you liked Deathly Hallows?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This is goobimama, guys. The guys who sends emails titled "Kameeney!", calls his friends the bear and the wizard and refers to people as his "feathered" friends.

Oh, and he has never read an actual Harry Potter book.

LOL! So this is one guy we can afford to not take seriously in this thread. :lol: He's darned funny though. ROFL!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Completed the book today. Liked it very much but hated the epilogue. After voldemort's death, chapter ended too soon. No description of what happened to others. And I agree with the part of Ron using parseltounge. Too stupid for it to happen.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
The first few chapters of the book were really boring. Though the things picked up speed later in the book, it seemed that the horcruxes search was a lot simpler for harry than it should have been. I mean that all the horcruxes were found within a years time. If they were so easy to track down then what was the purpose of creating so many of them by voldemort. Even with small nuggets of information harry was able to track them down.

The most touching part for me was Dobby's death. His and Fred's deaths were the only ones which i found really moving.

The Snape's memory part was totally disappointing, JKR made him the ulitmate hero who lost everything and was totally selfless, almost as if he was the main cause of voldemorts downfall. Even greater than harry's parents sacrifices. Moreover if Snape was so hateful towards muggles and muggleborns and was into dark arts even in first year as Sirius said earlier, how come he always used to hang aroung Lily and her sister? Funnily Petunia never mentions about Snape to harry though she keeps harping about Harrys parents and their "freakiness" every now and then to harry.

The final fight between harry and voldemort could have been a bit longer instead of a single spell. The presence of Elder wand and the deathly hallow stuff made it seem that harry won the fight only with the help of chance just as voldemort said. Does that mean that he wouldn't have won if voldemort had his normal phoenix core wand ? I don't know.

Epiogue clearly seemed as an effort on JKR's part to stop others from continuing the story. A description on other characters would have been great instead of the sappy stuff about the H/G and R/H pairs. The Dursleys seemed to disappear after the initial part.

Definitely not upto my expectations :(

In the fifth part harry couldnt learn occlumency even after the best of efforts, in the 7th book though he can block his mind even in the toughest and most painful situations.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
it always seems harry takes his luck for granted. there he is duelling voldemort and all he can think of is expelliarmus. its really a shame. did he take it for granted that his spell would block voldemort's avada kedavra or did he expect to disarm the Dark Lord.

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ True, He always win by sheer luck, never by ability...
I hate it. I thought nevils part will be much great...
There are lots of questions left unanswered.
JKR said we will know about Harry's gran parents be we didn't. Also we dont know what was the profession of James and Lily potter.
And how exactly she started liking james potter...
So many questions are unanswered.

ron imitating parseltoungue is downright idiotic!

and how come dumbledore suffered so much(his balckened arm) while destroying just one horcrux but harry and party get rid of them without anyone being hurt??

epilogue is a shame.

harry and friends using Imperio and cruicatus is not acceptable. its not right.

escaping the gringotts! laughable!

which side Draco was is still unclear. one would expect him to be vicious but he fails to recognise harry,ron and hermoine properly at malfoy manner and is reluctant using spells! but crabbe suddenly gets intelligent attacking on his own!

ginny harry pairing should have been emphasized more. just one kiss at his b'day isnt enough.

book should have been thicker.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
How does harry comes to know that his mother's Patronus was a Silver doe just as Snapes'? The patronus reflects the personality of the caster like the animagus forms, isnt it. Does this mean that Snape was as loving and compassionate as Lily. If so, how come he remains prejudiced towards harry.

According to Snape's memories, James saved Snapes's life bfore the 5th yr OWLs. Does that mean that Sirius told about Lupin's Secret to Snape in the first few months after they became animagii? Shouldn't it have been something like 6th year, since they wouldnt have confronted him after the exams if he had the secret about Lupin?

Yes, the change in relationship of harry's parents should have been explained a bit more. After seeing the memories it seems that they got together as if they had been forced together. It seems a bit surreal that after so much loathing on Lily's part, later they both loved each other so much so as to lay down their lives for each other.

Dumbledore's suggestion to use multiple potters clearly shows that he is willing to sacrifice the life of others to achieve the goal. Though he wanted to save draco's life in prev book. What for such complete char transformation?

Harry's signature move is Expelliarmus though he willingly casts Crucio on Amycus even when his back is turned towards harry? Shouldnt he too have used the Avada Kedavra against Voldemort?
And so much for the lessons given by Snape to use nonverbal spells, he never got to use them in a duel with anybody.

Why does harry bothers to create Shields to protect Neville and Mrs.Weasley, Since the killing curse is supposed to be unstopppable and surely voldemort wouldnt have sent lesser curses against them after they both killed his imp companions.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
navjotsingh said:
ginny harry pairing should have been emphasized more. just one kiss at his b'day isnt enough.
Ugh! I am shuddering that the book was already overloaded with that H/G **** and you actually wanted more of it! It is not a romance novel, dude.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Was it really overloaded with it? He hardly talked with Ginny at times. Just wanting to talk to her does not make it romantic. Hey I didn't say that aryayush...You quoted the wrong person. :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ya well i dint find the gringotts case too hard to believe..it was a well thoughr out breakthrough and kudos to jk for that..it could not have been better....

bout the ginny harry reltionship..well harry was missing her a lot and jk portrayed that in this book with references to ginny evry now and then..but this tim more emphasis was on the relationship betwen ron and hermione whch showed..so galti maf..:D

that parseltounge thingy was utter crap..but cummon...the book itself is make believe as this incident..one can spare jk that.

imperio and crucio was rite enuf..cum to think of it harrys frns in hogwarts wer actully tortured by the death cursesi hogwarts tself by the death eters..so tit for tat..that shud be it..hw can u xpect a group of teenagers to actually win a battle with school book charms

well dude dumbledore left he destroyed the most dificult of the ghorcruxes by himself...the ring had the rock embeded in it and tht was tht one tht burnt dumbys hand...harry had to find the locket wch was easy enuf,the cup wch was nt dangerous and kill nagini and himself...booth dun with much precision...

so...guys..wat say..i think after a 2nd read this is the best of the lot...

faraaz

Evil Genius
@amd64_man2005: I read every post in this thread except yours because by the end of the first paragraph, my eyes were hurting.

Please, for the love of God, learn grammar...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^u dint tell me ur a member of the national gramatical association....m terribly honored to have been corresponded by such an amiable member...by the way sir cud u please mind pointing out the mistakes in my horribly low presentation...by the way grammar doesnt include spellings tho....please provide me with an indepth analysis on nouns,pronouns and verbs sir...if u cant tell me..i will send the latest edition of wren and martin..
thanking you
yours faithfully
Arunava:D

^^switch to fan fiction. there r some really good ones out there.
ever heard of 'psychic serpent trilogy', or the 'veil of the mysteries' series?

though we'll have to wait for some nice post deathly hallows fics to come out

here is one about the aftermath from heminone's perspective

-------------
@aryayush
yeah, u quoted wrong person :-D
never mind.
-------------

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sorry for that mistake! :)

@amd64_man2005, faraaz is right. There is no need to get pissed off. I was thinking of posting exactly what faraaz did when I skimmed over your post. It is impossible to read it. And don't tell me that you actually believe there aren't any grammatical mistakes in your post (even leaving the numerous spelling mistakes aside).
No need to be rude. Just try to phrase your posts better from next time onwards. :)

I love fan fiction. I am an H/Hr shipper and PORTKEY.ORG is my favourite (and only) website for Harry Potter fan fiction. :D

faraaz

Evil Genius
@arya: Say it isn't so mate!! He loves her like a sister!!

And yeah, I've been a HUGE fanfiction reader since 2003 myself...been reading stuff like After the End (Arabella & Zsenya) and all of Melindaleo's stuff...

If you guys are into fanfiction, definitely check out:

www.hgnetwork.co.uk/siye
www.checkmated.com
www.fanfiction.net ...

@amd64: You are an annoying berk, and you know as well as I do that proper etiquette on the forums requires you to make properly formatted and written posts, if not for yourself, for the convenience of the other forum members who are subjected to your ill-framed diatribes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom