Deathly Hallows Released : Post Comments (Don't post Spoilers)

Do you liked Deathly Hallows?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
"“Yeah, and she’s seeing someone. Jealous type. Big bloke. You wouldn’t want to cross him.”
-Harry

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
@ Aryayush
Please dont use the quotes directly from the novel.I am not preaching you or something.Its just that some one from the forum got a stern warning from JK Publishers that he will be punished to the full extent of law.And that guy still dont know what to do and is at wits end.
Use the quotes in your own interpreted language...ex :-
Like " Mrs Wesley states somewhere in the novel to Bellatrix , Stay away from my children ***** ",Hey incidentally that was a wonderful part of the novel. :D
Ohh back to topic. The Book and its publishers explicitly states that , "No part of the book , will be reproduced ,with out the prior consent of the publishers and author ."
So please take care.I dont want you in unnecessary trouble .

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ After the book's release, I don't think that'll be much of a problem... You can see these quotes on thousands of websites.. :D

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@fresh - Talking abt me kya? Abt that issue yea I had got the notice but after that no reply nothing. Didn't try to contact me back. phew!

goobimama

 Macboy
Aayush, you do realise you've spoiled it for me eh. All those quotes, I can just tell what the ending is. How insensitive is that?

hitman050

Journeyman
Another thing I forgot, where was Snape's portrait in the Headmaster's office?

Now, replying to kumarmohit

kumarmohit said:
This was to show, that if you try, you can even do the impossible, its a children's book, for heaven's sake
First of all, I really don't think it's a children's book any more. It involves concepts like death, torture, dark arts, violence, swear words, surely not a children's book anymore is it?

Anyways, I am just saying that Parseltongue was always seen as a very rare gift, and you needed a special power to speak it. Now, it seems like everybody can speak it. That's it.

kumarmohit said:
That is because, Harry was protected from the Dark Lord's spell, Dumbledore had no protection, nor was he the chosen one, he destroyed the Horcrucxes sheerly becasue of his brilliance, both magical and non magical.

The cave with locket needed protection because it was not as protected as Hogwarts, nor as Nagini, the horcrux in the hut had so much protection that it killed Dumbledore.

Dumbledore took all those horcruxes himself, which would have busted Harry's life
Do you mean the protection that Lily gave to Harry? If so, then even Ron and Hermione were not affected by the protection (if any) that Voldy had placed on his Horcruxes. Neither the Cup nor the Diadem had any protective spells on them. It just seems wierd that Voldy was protective about a couple of his Horcuxes, but the rest were just left unprotected.

You can say that the Cup was in Gringotts, which had enough protection in itself, but alteast the Diadem should have had some protective spells.

kumarmohit said:
Remember book one, Hermione used common sense and logic to defeat Snape's potion barrier. She again used common sense and logic. Most of the people would not have thought that Dumbledore would have wanted anyone to see Horcrux books.
I really, really doubt that saying Accio Horcrux Book was more of a fluke than common sense. Really, if Dumbledore was against horcruxes so much, he would have taken some measures so that any child could not just Summon it. Remember the age line, it was also 'common sense' but Dumbledore had thought about that.

kumarmohit said:
He already had 1 hallow, the cloak right from book 1.
I am not saying that he did not have any Hallow, but the thing is, they just did not fit in the plot. They did not help Harry, or take part in any other plot whatsover. And why did Dumbledore give hints about the Hallows to Harry anyways. Didn't he himself lost his family because of them. So, it did not make any sense.

kumarmohit said:
Portraits could have been instructed in advance, if they can visit othe portrats when being asked to surely some advance instruction is possible.
Advanced instruction by whom? This does not make any sense.

kumarmohit said:
Since he had 2 souls in his body, rather 1 and a 1/7 soul, it seems ( I am not sure), that the dark lord busted his own soul while Harry was protected by love.
Again, the container has to be destroyed for the horcrux to be destroyed. I hope Jo herself explains this.

kumarmohit said:
Since the first book, dint Ollivander say that the wand chooses the wizard. As for being disarmed, it generally occurs when someone very less powerful than you disarms you, like draco disarming Dumbledore.
This does not answer my question. I am saying if a wand changes it's allegiance when it's master is disarmed, then why didn't the other wands change their allegiance. So many people have been disarmed throughout the book. What happens then?

kumarmohit said:
I dont see any goof there.
It's not a goof, but does it really make any sense. Hermione says that she has changed her parent's memory so they don't remember her, and she might not even fix it afterwards. I mean really, what sort of person does that?!

kumarmohit said:
That's because he knew that Ron might get provoked if someone else provokes, but this provocation is short term, he will do something properly only when he himself felt that he had to do it. Hence Dumbledore knew it that Ron was first gonna go with harry coz he thot that his friendship demanded him to, but them later he realized that if he left harry alone,he would be doing a grave mistake, he wud be acting as a deserter and wud want to come back.

I still don't believe Dumbledore could have predicited that. Then, why didn't he think Hermione would go away as well. Again, shortcut :|

Anyways, thanks for reading my post :)

Well let me say the things I liked about the book.

- Battle of Hogwarts was just awesome. Great to see the stautes coming to life, Prof Sprout's plants, Thestrals fighting the giants, and Kreacher and the other house elves attacking the Death Eaters.

- Mrs. Weasley killing Bellatrix was immensely satisfying. I really, really hated Bellatrix. She was as bad as Voldy; Nevill's parents, Sirius, torturing Hermione, Dobby. Though I did wish Neville would have killed.

- Voldy conquering the Ministry was extremely well written. It really created a feeling of Voldism (like Nazism :D) in the wizarding community. All the policies of the Ministry really made it feel like Voldy was going for the so called purification of the wizarding world.

- Potterwatch was again brilliant. Againt giving the feeling like this was WWII times.

- Godric's Hollow chapter was fantastic. I could feel exactly what Harry was feeling, seing his parents' graves. And then seing the statue of the Potters, their house, and the messages of the people wishing Harry best of luck.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ hitman

Just about the diadem - The cup was in Hogwarts, what better protection could the dark lord have thought. Practically, Dumbledore himself was protecting the diadem.

Dint you read the fact that it was the Dark Lord's Vanity. In vanity, did the dark lord think, that no one except him could have found the room of requirement.!!!

Potterwatch was great, and there was space for one more potterwatch, may be the epilogue would have been given in potterwatch form.

One thing I dint like was death of Lupin and Tonks, I mean they could have survived, Harry needed to have someone who would have closely known his parents.

As for Lucius being slytherin prefect, that also answered my long curiosity as to where was he, when snape and james and co. were in hogwarts.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
hitman050 said:
^ There is still Hagrid, who knew Harry's parents reasonably well.

Yeah but as the gamekeeper, he has duties @ school as well.

Personally I think that even if the dark lord himself wud have tried 'Accio Hagrid' He wud have failed.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Dude, that was not the funny part. The funny thing is that you cannot summon people with the Accio spell. Harry tried it in a moment of desperation.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
@hitman050
- Hermione modified her parent's memory! And was heartless enough to say that even if they survived, there was no need to fix it, as they didn't remember they had a daughter!

she doesn't say 'if her parents survive'. hermionie says that in case she herself doens't survive, her parents won't feel bad since they don't know they have a daughter at all. whats heartless 'bout that yaar??

in case she does (as it so happens), she'll track them down and restore their memory

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
^^but nothing i mentioned later abt her parents and wat she did to them.
by the its better to ask ROWLIN HERSELF THAT WHY SHE ME SO MANY STUPID MISTAKES.
HERE'S THE LINK WHERE U CAN ASK QUESTIONS
*livechat.bloomsbury.com/index.php

xbonez

NP : Crysis
there are a lot of things left unsaid at the end of the book, example what happens of george and his shop etc.

hitman050

Journeyman
xbonez said:
@hitman050

she doesn't say 'if her parents survive'. hermionie says that in case she herself doens't survive, her parents won't feel bad since they don't know they have a daughter at all. whats heartless 'bout that yaar??

in case she does (as it so happens), she'll track them down and restore their memory

Yeh, this was my bad. Misintepreted, what she had said. Now I reread it, and it makes sense.

K

krazyfrog

I can finally visit this thread now that i've completed the book. Reading this thread felt like rereading the whole book. And you're not supposed to post spoilers here! Now i realise why arya warned me not to read this thread. Btw i voted for the first option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom