Deathly Hallows Released : Post Comments (Don't post Spoilers)

Do you liked Deathly Hallows?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^i agree..harry could see the house was obvious...leave it....but ya..voldemort could have shown a better fight...one on one in the forest...harry ducking..saving himself...and at the end if both wu have died it wu have really made a gud read...but jks idea of making the term voldemort a taboo wass too...it was a great idea...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Dreamer said:
Actually, Harry could apparate to shell cottage. First because he was apparated side-along with Dobby - Fidelius Charm doesn't work for house-elves. And secondly, Dobby was told the address by Ron who had already been there, so obviously his brother Bill told Ron the address, and bade him to come anytime they needed him.

But this is strange, As long as the secret keeper lives only he can tell where the place under fidelius charm is. Since bill was the secret keeper, naturally he told Ron. But how can Ron tell the address to Dobby and share the secret , he cant be the keeper unless Bill dies, which had not happened till that point.

I think Ron told the approximate location of the house to Dobby, who did side along apparition, once near the house, Ron took everyone inside by calling Bill and making him allow everyone in.

If Fidelius did not work on House elves, Lord Voldemort would have made the Malfoys to use Dobby or Regulus use Krecher to crack into the fideliused house hiding James and Lily.

Remember that when 12 Grimmauld Place whs put under Fidelius, Harry was told the location by a paper handwritten by Dumbledore (who was the secret keeper) Not by any of Harry's guard.

@ amd64_man2005:

How cud she have killed both, the prophecy says that only one dies;)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^neither can live when either survives.....wat does that mean??both have to die else noun can live...and by the way jk dint keep ne of her proms...so big deal..

rajasekharan

Youngling
i really really, really like this book 7 a lot...:)
book 6 being the worst of the series, i was expecting a sloppy one.
regardless i bought it for the sake of completing the series.
but now i feel how much i could have missed if i had not bought the book....:)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just read the book today, not bad. This is the first harry potter book that I have read, & yup....the movies really don't show everything. I m gonna get all the old books after book 4 from somwhere & read....:D

No wait, I got weekly Mock CAT, damn.....have to wait for movie 6

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
whats the ending? whats the ending? My gf is still reading & I wanna surprise her by telling the ending :D
Though I don't care if you do, I'm telling you quite seriously - don't do that! You'll lose a girlfriend.
HP fans have been waiting for this book since years and they spent so much money on it to read it themselves. To have the ending announced to them prematurely is the best thing someone can do now if they wish to face their wrath. There simply is nothing more infuriating in this world. goobimama escaped by a hair's breadth! :D

goobimama said:
But why did Hermione have to kill those poor beggars?
LOL! Who beggars? What are you talking about! :lol:

The book was great, overall. The plot was brilliant. I specially liked the fact that some of the things that happened even had a connection to the first book. "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." Awesome!

But the ending was far too convenient. It was unsatisfying. And the last chapter, nineteen years later, was a joke. No mention of what happened after Voldemort's death. No mention of George Weasley and what happened to the WWW. Nothing. Just a little romantic chapter on Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione (I wish I could vomit!) and that's it. Ugh!

To sum it up, though the ending wasn't the best ever, the journey truly was the reward. :)

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
amd64_man2005 said:
^^^neither can live when either survives.....wat does that mean??both have to die else noun can live...and by the way jk dint keep ne of her proms...so big deal..

Is it not:

"Niether can live while the other survives"

Please confirm it for me.

If it is, one can only survive if he the other dies.

@ ayush

Totally agree about the last chapter ,am. It looks to have been written to avoid creating any further stories.

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Right it is "Niether can live while the other survives". And I was dead sure that Harry will live and it happened. Mugglenet Zindabaad. Most of their editorials became a reality...(I mean their theory was right.)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Let's start listing the flaws in the book. Any sort of flaws - anything missing, continuity or factual errors, etc.

One flaw is that some of the characters in the book were very out of character. Hermione is the best example. When did she start crying so much? She did not cry in all the six books combined as much as she did in this one. And how come she's started agreeing with whatever Ron says?

How did Harry figure out most of the puzzles himself and Hermione was clueless? He seemed to have developed an uncharacteristically sharp memory in this book.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^well hermione did cry a bit in the 4th book wen harry and ron broke up...she was literlly in tears all the while and in this book jk tried to prtray herm and ron in love.well so wen ron gt goig herm ha nuthin to do but cry...i guess hermione was her usual self xcept fr thefact tht harry seemed cleverer than usual...:D

the deathly hallows thing was vry confusing.if u had all the things u cud conquer death...wat do u mean by tht..u becum immortal or sumthin...the elder wand does nt really make u invincible does it....and the cloak wch can withstand ne spell actually gt one thru in hogwarts xpress frm malfoy wer he was stunned....hw did that happen..many goofups..hav to read the book again..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Though I don't care if you do, I'm telling you quite seriously - don't do that! You'll lose a girlfriend.

Nah, she is not a Fangirl :D (nice term). Its just a book anyway, nothing to jump about. Anyway, she told me the summery. I need to read book 6 now to know about the elder wand. If Draco Malfoy was the master then how come it didn't attack Harry when Voldemort tried the Kadavar spell in the end which revarted & killed Voldemort.

When is the 6th movie coming? The movies are short but good enough for those who only watch movies, like me.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
@amd64 : i guess the deathly hallows make the holder of them immortal ONLY if they are used wisely. for example, in the story of the three brothers, the two brothers die but the third, the onw with the cloak, uses it wisely and remains immortal until he himself embraces death.

one odd thing was the fact thaty griphook had taken godric gryffindor's sword in gringotts and run away. yet at hogwarts, in the end, neville conveniently pulls it out of the sorting hat to kill nagini. does this mean, the goblins again lose the sword :) seems like they weren't meant to have it

the time when ron imitates harry's parseltongue to get into the chamber of secrets seems really far fetched. if u heard someone speak chinese or japanese, u'd never be able to recreate it later. jkr should have thought up of something btter.

u guys are saying that all of a sudden harry seems to have become smart. what about ron, it seems einstein's spirit walked into him. the time in hogwarts when they get the basilisk's fang, ron has brainwaves after brainwaves

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
amd64_man2005 said:
and the cloak wch can withstand ne spell actually gt one thru in hogwarts xpress frm malfoy wer he was stunned....hw did that happen..many goofups..hav to read the book again..
The clock itself can withstand any spell, not the wearer. :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
nope dude..its clearly mentioned...the cloak protects and the wearer frm any damage...thts y its valuable who would want to have a cloak wch saves itself instead of the wearer...;)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
When the cloak protects itself, it naturally protects the wearer, it cant act transparent, sending the spell right inside to wearer now, can it?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
But who says that the cloak was a protective one. It just displayed one property of not being able to accio'ed .. Like Horcruxes perhaps :p

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ya..the cloak was a protective one..red the deathly hallows part agin wer the cloak was mentioned...it is learly mentioned that the cloak does nt let ne spell penetrate it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom