CPU/Chipset News

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but if we see at the pricing on newegg there's not much price difference between Ivy and Haswell pentium cpus.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's an interesting read :
Leaked AMD roadmap shows Excavator arriving in 2015 – and possibly the end of AMD’s big-core x86 business | ExtremeTech

bubusam13

Human
Hi I want to buy AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 8320 8 Core Piledriver Processor - AMD: Flipkart.com
I have Corsair V450, 2 HDDs, 3 RAM sticks, and AMD HD5670 1GB DDR5 GCard. Motherboard ASUS M5A88-M-EVO Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com which supports the mentioned CPU Will buying this processor overload my PSU. Or I need to buy a lower model processor ? Because I won't change my PSU presently.

And If I can buy that Processor, how is it's performance compared to i7 ?

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Hi I want to buy AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 8320 8 Core Piledriver Processor - AMD: Flipkart.com
I have Corsair V450, 2 HDDs, 3 RAM sticks, and AMD HD5670 1GB DDR5 GCard. Motherboard ASUS M5A88-M-EVO Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com which supports the mentioned CPU Will buying this processor overload my PSU. Or I need to buy a lower model processor ? Because I won't change my PSU presently.

And If I can buy that Processor, how is it's performance compared to i7 ?

>is your PSU VS450 ? Then NO dont use it with such highend processor or you will end up with everything in burned state.
>Get Asus M5A97 evo r2.0 or Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 avoid 880 series mobo.
>confirm that those 3 RAM sticks are DDR3 and HDDs are SATA else won't work with latest MoBos.
>fx 8320 with a discrete graphics card will surely overload your PSU. Get Antec VP450p(minimum) or Seasonic S12ii 520(recommended).
>which i7 ? In what aspects?
In most aspects FX 8320 won't perform better then ANY i7-3xxx or i7-4xxx. How can you compare an i7 with half priced fx 8320.
FX 8320 is vfm product, get proped PSU and you are good to go :)

bubusam13

Human
:-| was that a suggestion ? I wont change either my mobo or PSU. I m not looking to build a new system anytime soon, coz I havenot even utilized the full potential of my old one.
Anyway, just recommend me which one should I go with, I wanna change my Athlon.

In most aspects FX 8320 won't perform better then ANY i7-3xxx or i7-4xxx. How can you compare an i7 with half priced fx 8320.
Over priced means better performance, not always true. Anyway, I just asked as it got 8 physical cores.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Corsair vs 450w will be fine, you should get new psu if you have intend to put a high end gpu in future

Over priced means better performance, not always true. Anyway, I just asked as it got 8 physical cores.

You get what you pay.:) i7 is not overpriced.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alleged AMD 'Kaveri' A10-7850K Cinebench R15 Benchmark Surfaces - Steamroller Performance Compared

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
yes :D
DDR4 RAM coming next month: Double the speed, triple the density and 20 per cent less power use than DDR3 - Pocket-lint

but in the link posted by Ashish from tomshardware about 8 core haswell E , there was a sentence which states
DDR4 memory up to 2133 MHz.

that introduced some confusion

ASHISH65

Technomancer
:confused: isn't ddr4 starts at 2133Mhz?

yes :D
DDR4 RAM coming next month: Double the speed, triple the density and 20 per cent less power use than DDR3 - Pocket-lint

but in the link posted by Ashish from tomshardware about 8 core haswell E , there was a sentence which states

that introduced some confusion

LOL :lol: come on guys , its double-data rate DDR4 2133Mhz makes it 4266Mhz :)

Like DDR3 800Mhz x 2 = 1600Mhz ,got it now :wink:

DDR4 will support 2133 - 4266 MT/s compared to DDR3's 800 - 2133 MT/s (Million transfers per second)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
LOL :lol: come on guys , its double-data rate DDR4 2133Mhz makes it 4266Mhz :)

Like DDR3 800Mhz x 2 = 1600Mhz ,got it now :wink:

DDR4 will support 2133 - 4266 MT/s compared to DDR3's 800 - 2133 MT/s (Million transfers per second)

i thought it was ddr4 1066mhz. my bad

Top Bottom