CPU/Chipset News

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you are right,1066mhz is for haswell-E, ^above i was talking about standard ddr4

Haswell -E ddr4 max support 2133mhz, while ddr4 max is 4266mhz

*i.imgur.com/IneEZ7K.jpg

that was what i was talking about haswell E and ddr4. so i was correct.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
i meant that there was no need to use max support upto 2133mhz(in the article) as ddr4 starts at 2133mhz only.

Naa, haswell-E suppots only upto 2133mhz (same where ddr3 ends), whereas skylake - 2133mhz will be minimum and 4266mhz is max, hope you got it now :p HASWELL -E TECHNICALLY ONLY SUPPORTS 2133MHZ MAX- so toms were right :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Naa, haswell-E suppots only upto 2133mhz (same where ddr3 ends), whereas skylake - 2133mhz will be minimum and 4266mhz is max, hope you got it now :p HASWELL -E TECHNICALLY ONLY SUPPORTS 2133MHZ MAX- so toms were right :)

i think i was not clear enough. i did not mean toms hardware is wrong neither haswell E too. that max / upto 2133mhz means there can be ddr4 below that frequency which is not right . may be i am still confusing or am i confused?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
According to the leaked reports on AMD Excavator using steamroller cores which will be released in 2015 FX is going to be EOL as AMD is not at all saying anything about AM3+ socket which is a FX series socket but as reported in COMPUTEX 2013 by AMD it will solely concentrate on APU rather than CPU but the performance of an APU is based on its heterogenous performance rather than number of cores which itself defeats the purpose of a gaming CPU. Lets hope that Kaveri>Carrizo>Bheema APU's show the same performance boost the FX series and the Phenom Series showed in the past and the present.

According to me its better to go with an AMD FX series CPU rather than APU right now as the performance benefit is less or equivalent between them and the cost factor included in an APU is more than the FX series CPU.
FX Series CPU + R9 270X/280X.
Kaveri APU + R9 270X/280X .

When comparing the two see the difference of costs involved with performance delivered by the the two.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
AMD will only focus on APU in future :| DAMN !it means intel always will be in top place in terms of cpu performance

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Kaveri APU graphics performance is somewhat comparable to i5 4670k according to this:AMD A10 Kaveri Rumored To Ship With BF4, Faster Than Haswell Core i5 In Gaming - HotHardware

See the good things AMD will be bringing in the future as it has no direct competition with Intel as AMD has its own market with budget builders.OpenCL and MANTLE are some of the noteworthy developments along with true Audio which is hardware associated. MANTLE is a direct alternative for Microsoft DirectX. In other words AMD will be spear heading its own strategy like cost effective hardware where the full potential will be utilized by its own developed software.So there would be later in 2015 onwards 2 types of gamers, one who will go with Intel+nvidia and another which will go with AMD MANTLE supported APU+GPU. Already Battlefield 4 has MANTLE embedded in it. This is just for Beta testing purpose to see how MANTLE is performing with present generation GPU's of AMD.

I am not a fan boy of AMD but I see goods things in it.

sukesh1090

Adam young
AMD is not going out CPU business.AMD themselves onfirmed this,you can find the article in toms.they will not release any steamroller cores in FX series so untill 2015 piledriver has to take care of it and hopefully in 2015 they will release excavator which is supposed to have major architetural changes to the present bulldozer architeture.
MANTLE will allow better utilisation of GPU like the API consoles.AFAIK it will lower the role of CPU in gaming.

ranjitsd

Journeyman
Kaveri APU graphics performance is somewhat comparable to i5 4670k according to this:AMD A10 Kaveri Rumored To Ship With BF4, Faster Than Haswell Core i5 In Gaming - HotHardware

See the good things AMD will be bringing in the future as it has no direct competition with Intel as AMD has its own market with budget builders.OpenCL and MANTLE are some of the noteworthy developments along with true Audio which is hardware associated. MANTLE is a direct alternative for Microsoft DirectX. In other words AMD will be spear heading its own strategy like cost effective hardware where the full potential will be utilized by its own developed software.So there would be later in 2015 onwards 2 types of gamers, one who will go with Intel+nvidia and another which will go with AMD MANTLE supported APU+GPU. Already Battlefield 4 has MANTLE embedded in it. This is just for Beta testing purpose to see how MANTLE is performing with present generation GPU's of AMD.

I am not a fan boy of AMD but I see goods things in it.

mantle is delayed and kaveri slightly better then 6800k. Which is better then i3

I am not a fan boy just budget gamer

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
AMD is not going out CPU business.AMD themselves onfirmed this,you can find the article in toms.they will not release any steamroller cores in FX series so untill 2015 piledriver has to take care of it and hopefully in 2015 they will release excavator which is supposed to have major architetural changes to the present bulldozer architeture.
MANTLE will allow better utilisation of GPU like the API consoles.AFAIK it will lower the role of CPU in gaming.

present - piledriver

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
Piledriver is just next iteration of Bulldozer(zembezi) architecture.:wink:thats why i said bulldozer.even steamroller uses same architecture,only excavator will include architectural changes(just rumour so take it with a grain of salt) to fix L3 cache problem and also hopefully will be in 20nm or even smaller nodes.
MANTLE was postponed because BF4 is in very very bad condition so if AMD releases MANTLE for bf4 now they will end up ruining mantle's first impressions.so it was better to delay it untill DICE fixes BF4.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
now this is going to be real game changer compared to all of the "puny" perfoamce upgrade that comes with most new cpus :D

Intel's upcoming Knights Landing CPU will feature 72 cores | TweakTown

Specs :

*imagescdn.tweaktown.com/news/3/4/34619_10_intel_s_upcoming_knights_landing_cpu_will_feature_72_cores.jpg

The new CPU with 72 cores on-board will also see 16GB of on-package eDRAM, and six DDR4 memory controllers which will be capable of seeing over 384GB of DDR4 memory. Then we have the rumor that Intel could abandon PCI-Express 3.0 because of its latency issues, and shift over to QPI which will ship with the Skylake-EX chipset.

One of these Knights Landing CPU should arrive with a TDP of 300W

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Is there any substantial power drain between FX 8350 125w Processor and FX 6300 95w processor.I mean 125-95=30w is a big difference know.How much will a overclocked Fx8320 or Fx6300 draw individually?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at stock clock speed there's ~10-20w load power consumption difference between FX 4300 and FX 6300, ~50-60W between FX 6300 and FX 8350. When OCed [ 4.7-4.8 Ghz with ~1.5-1.55v ] a FX 8350 consumes ~80-100W more compared to stock speed ... So indeed an OCed FX 8350 consumes say ~80 - 100w more compared to an OCed FX 6300 but all these values can vary depending on the cpu, voltage and motherboard used.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
AMD Kaveri APU A10-7850K Gaming and General Performance Unveiled - Mantle 45% Faster Than DirectX

*wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Kaveri-Gaming-Performance.jpg

CES 2014: AMD Shows off Systems with new Kaveri APU's - Legit Reviews

Top Bottom