• Pafex(FedEx)

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • EMS Speedpost

Votes: 21 14.4%

• Total voters

pepsodent

Broken In
Re: Best Courier Service (VFM)

@WISEOWL: there was a time when pincode is a must(it still is) but in today's time when we have facility that mobile phones are almost everywhere it should be given importance.
Private people do call in case they fail to deliver for two attempts but except you I do not think many people have experience that postman/PO call to arrange for delivery.

@banskt: today I paid Rs.250 for box weight 1.2kg (but volumetric weight 1.9kg)from delhi to mumbai.

I got my HDD from letsbuy and Credit Card from HDFC via bluedart.

Easy and simple . I know its expensive but spending 1k for 20k products is ok . For cheaper sending I think speed post is ok which is not fragile .

MegaMind

Human Spambot

DTDC Plus messed up the mobo on the way from Kolkata to chennai...
No physical damages, but didnt work...:-(

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

DTDC Plus messed up the mobo on the way from Kolkata to chennai...
No physical damages, but didnt work...:-(
If that package was dropped multiple times it may have caused short circuit among the components that's probably causing the problem, anyway since it was taken for rma hope all goes good for you. At least they didn't damage the cpu.

newway01

Journeyman

I recommend DTDC as VFM service. They have reasonable pricing and good service. Have used them more than 20 times. Yet to face any problem. Sometimes they will take 1-2 days more to deliver the stuffs after they have reached our nearest office. But if I'm in a hurry, I'll collect it from their office which is only 5mins walk from my place :lol:

Have used Bluedart and Fedex, but are expensive. Other services I have used:

Aramex: Not trustworthy people, late delivery :-x
First Flight: Poor Handling and Late Delivery
Speedpost: Good Coverage and affordable rates. Not recommended though as their handling is bad, infact very bad :-(

Professional Courier: Stay away from them. Everyone's complaining about them stealing stuffs. Although I haven't used them myself, my friend lost an iphone 3G during transit and not recovered. Most probably they steal it :cool:

As for stealing/DOA problems, we need to take some precautions ourselves.

Firstly, when sending products that cost above 3000rs, always use insurance option and show the full value of product.

Secondly, shaking while transit occurs to all courier services, whether its bluedart or speedpost. So we have to pack it properly to avoid any problems. Always use the original packaging of product if available. If not, take 2 pieces of thermocol and fix it on either side of product and stick it together to avoid un-necessary shaking. Use bubble papers and foam balls to protect electronic stuffs.

Thirdly, avoid writing original product name on outside. An average joe have a tendency to steal stuff if you write it on top of courier. For example if shipping mobile phone, name it as "wireless communication device" or use much complicated tech terms :grin:

Here's some suggestions:

Motherboard: pc mainboard
RAM: pc memory
HDD: pc storage
speakers: audio controller
graphics card: GPU device

etc.....you got the point, rite? :cool:

Thats all for now!!!!

anybody knows whether postman(speed post) give a call to consignee in case he is unable to access address/consignee?

No he won't. Atleast in my area. I need to visit post office and inquire about the parcel if its late :-x

I think we can only come to a conclusion that some services are good in certain parts of India while some are poor on other parts .

Bluedart is the way if you are sending expensive products . Or look for local buyers .

pepsodent

Broken In

Experience relating to sale made at TE forums:EMS Speed posts
*www.t echenclave.com/video-and-audio-hardware/music-player-sandisk-fuze-8gb-two-190529.html
(remove space in t echencalve)
The packet was sent on 13th May 2011 from Delhi to Hyderabad.The tracking status was normal as expected movement of goods.
On 16th the article was reported to reach PDC,CUC Hyderabad and on 17th there was no further status update.
On 18th suddenly the status was "Delivered on 16th to addressee". So I sent PM to addressee that he got his package but to my surprise he did not receive packet.
I asked my local post office guys in Delhi and I was told on 18th evening that if status is delivered then packet is infact being delivered and addressee should ask at his office reception and this message was communicated by me to addressee.
Today I received message from addressee(Hawk) and he told me that packet was lying in post office and he had to work hard to locate the concerned post office.
So,I need to reconsider sending goods via EMS speed post next time.

Last edited:

nginx

In the zone

^^ Why oh why do you have to post urls like that? If you didn't include that space, we could have just clicked on it directly. Just saying...

Edit: There you go:
*www.techenclave.com/video-and-audio-hardware/music-player-sandisk-fuze-8gb-two-190529.html

Last edited:

pepsodent

Broken In

^when I posted direct link it was not working.
May be forums do not like each other.
Some forums do not accept name of other forum(s).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Regarding Service I'd say = BlueDart hands down.

But problem is that VFM providers, like Speed post have problems like "misplacing" of shipment :mad:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
DTDC is reasonable and cost effective. They deliver packages in good condition, but they dont send it to get delivered it to home,. I am lucky cause DTDC opened a new office within 200 mts from my home. So, its not much of a pain to go and fetch the box yourself.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Yea, that sucks a lot :( perhaps we can write reviews about them on their website, so that they can improve their service.

mohityadavx

Youngling
BlueDart is the worst

I ordered something on letsbuy they shipped it frm Delhi on priority and now it hasn't reached me till today when the distance being less than 50km :-x

I will have to cancel my order as i m leaving town and won't come back ill 6 months !!

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
theitwares now shipped my graphics card by TNT ignoring DTDC ;(

DTDC took less than 4 days..

TNT shipped from Mumbai on 29th June.

Lets see how much days it takes by TNT to reach and in what condition..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
very bad experience with first flight,customer service is hopeless + late delivery, i advice against using them

Top Bottom