Computers for cyber cafe

Hi all!
My cousin is planning to start an internet cafe and wanted me to find some nice configurations.

He has a total budget of 2k to 2.5k[EDIT: I mean Lakh, not thousand :lol:].(better with "as low as possible"). He needs total 20 computers.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: For use in cyber cafe.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yes.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 2-2.5 Lakh, so around 10k per computer :?:.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Half will run Windows xp and half on 7.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: I don't think more than 250GB is necessary!

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: He says any monitor from 15"-20" would be nice.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 2-3. :???:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Most probably assembler, but not completely decided! :))

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Depends when the construction of his cafe will complete. This can take 1-2 months.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes, should run for 5 years.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: GFX Card, Speakers...

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Will buy from Delhi.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: He also needs some headphones and webcams(5 each), and I guess some from iBall etc would be nice as its cyber cafe!

He also needs inverter to provide 30 mins backup for atleast half of the systems.
Also 3 printers(2 for black n white & 1 for color) are needed, that will be used very frequently(say 10 prints per printer per day)

He is also asking me to ask you people to give some suggestions if you can :)

He didn't said me to post whats below: :p
He is also saying that he will use 4 different connections for computers(5 computers using 1 internet connection) to get better speed and if one internet is not working well, others do. Is this idea good?
Also he is saying he will have a small snacks section :)) :))

EDIT: He is saying that there should be 2 type of computers(different configs). So I guess it would be like- 10 intels, 10 amds... But suggest what you can :)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Squeezing out the max...

In Cyber Cafe, all the PC's are driven by a Single UPS with additional large Battery Pack. So assuming the same, i have not included UPS.

Intel Config...

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i3 2100|5500
Motherboard |Asus P8H61-M LE B3|3300
RAM |G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ|900
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |FSP saga II 350W|1400
Case |Zebronics Bijli (w/o psu)|1000
Monitor |DELL IN2020M|6200
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK100|500
| Total |21600

AMD Config

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x3 440|3200
Motherboard |Asus M4A78LT-M LE|2600
| Total |5800+ Rest as above

mitraark

Decrepit
If possible , omit DVD Drive for all , get an external or something ... this thing is really becoming obsolete nowadays.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For a cyber cafe, even a Athlon II X2 should suffice, and would cost even lesser.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Budget is too low for 20 PCs

AMD >> Intel in this budget
AMD Athlon X2 250 @ 2.5k
ASUS M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.6k
Corsair 2GB DDR3@ 0.8k
Microsoft Wired Desktop 500 @ 0.5k
Zebronics Blossom Without PSU @ 1k
FSP Saga II 350W @ 1.4k
WD Blue/Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
Dell E1609W 16" @ 4k
TOTAL 14k
2.8 lakh.

And you still need Printers and Power Backup.

EDIT: 2 posts while I typed all this. :(

saswat23

Human Spambot
IMO no need of 20*internal DVD drives. Get one internal for your main PC and 2-3 external ones that could be used while formating the system.
Also 500GB is common now a days, and it will be very difficult to find any thing lesser than it.

My suggestion:
* CPU: AMD X3 440 -- 3k
* MoBo: Asus M4A78LT-M LE -- 2.5k
* RAM: Corsair 2GB Value RAM -- 0.8k
* HDD: WDC Blue 500GB -- 1.7k
* CASE: Zeb. Bijli w/ 450W PSU -- 1.3k
* DISPLAY: DELL IN1920 -- 5k
* DESKET: Zeb./IBall KB combo -- 0.3k
* HEADPHONE: IBall/Zeb. Normal ones w/ comfortable pads -- 0.4k
Total --- 15k

At this budget AMD is the best choice in terms of both PRICE and PERFORMANCE. And opting for INTEL will increase your budge like anything UNNECESSARILY.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
IMO no need of 20*internal DVD drives. Get one internal for your main PC and 2-3 external ones that could be used while formating the system.
Also 500GB is common now a days, and it will be very difficult to find any thing lesser than it.

My suggestion:
* CPU: AMD X3 440 -- 3k
* MoBo: Asus M4A78LT-M LE -- 2.5k
* RAM: Corsair 2GB Value RAM -- 0.8k
* HDD: WDC Blue 500GB -- 1.7k
* CASE: Zeb. Bijli w/ 450W PSU -- 1.3k
* DISPLAY: DELL IN1920 -- 5k
* DESKET: Zeb./IBall KB combo -- 0.3k
* HEADPHONE: IBall/Zeb. Normal ones w/ comfortable pads -- 0.4k
Total --- 10.5k
Grand Total ---- 10.5k x 20 = 210k
As you are buying in bulk so there will be even more price drop. Say it will come around 195k - 200k.

At this budget AMD is the best choice in terms of both PRICE and PERFORMANCE. And opting for INTEL will increase your budge like anything UNNECESSARILY.
CPU - 3k + Mobo 2.5k + Monitor 5k = 10.5k :lol:

And You can just use PXE (boot from LAN) to install Windows. Its a lot faster.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ confused stupid

Here is my config:

Intel

Component | Make | Price Processor | Intel Pentium G620 Processor, 2.6 GHz |3450
Motherboard |Asus P8H61-M LE B3|3300
Monitor |Benq GL2030|6200
| Total |19350

Amd

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Sempron 145|1750
Motherboard |Asus M4A78LT-M LE|2500
Monitor |Benq GL2030|6200
| Total |16850

If you want performance, then you can go for athlon x3 440 instead of sempron. The x3 has far higher multitasking capabilities, but for a cyber cafe, i guess money can be saved by opting for semprons now and maybe upgrade later once business becomes stable and starts giving profits or until the initial expenditure is covered.

In the end, its your call.:smile:

For lcd, you can go for cheaper 19 inchers if you can find within 5k or thereabouts. The monitor suggested by ishugupta is cheap and you can go for it. Almost 2k is saved.

You can check this too:

Zotac Ad 02

Last edited:

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
Why will a cybercafe PC need 500gb?
OP can opt for lower capacity storage and save a lot, lower capacity being obsolete in mainstream will cost way lesser. The 1 PC difference may be 700-800 but multiply it by 20 and you will get 16k saved. Tough it MAY take some time to find them.
250gb or even 160gb is way more than enough for a single net cafe pc.
further money can be saved on display too.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
For internet surfing even AthlonX2 250 is too much.
I had once assisted in similar setup.

There was a company I can't recall, they had solution which lets your run 4-5 desktop from single computer, for that they had a card along with interface to connect separate mouse, keyboard , Monitor.

It can really save money, power and time..

It was like netcomputing or something..

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
He is also asking me to ask you people to give some suggestions if you can
have you researched about thin clients ? if high processing power isn't a requirement, you can save come serious cash. Thin clients do have many disadvantages btw. I haven't used them personally.. so you may want to do some research about them.

Thanks all.

Don't you think that an iBall cabinet would be even more cheaper and better than Bijli..? :???:
BTW He is going to buy from his friend's uncle's shop, so he says that discount can be there and as order is in bulk, so more discount :grin:.

And what I see in nearby Cafes, people come not only to surf the net, they also come for playing some games. And when I made him read the thread, he says that AMD is for all computers is fine but he cant give up Optical Drives.

Also, he wants NO upgrades for atleast next 5 years. I guess Athlon II x3 would be nice then, right?

He is also saying that he will use 4 different connections for computers(5 computers using 1 internet connection) to get better speed and if one internet is not working well, others do. Is this idea good?
??

coolguythampy

Broken In
Ask the person to start off with 10 computers and then expand as he gets more business. it definitely makes sense as 10 k systems isn't something that's quite possible.

Else, consider getting second hand systems. I have seen a lot of cafe's with second hand machines. But I always prefer to stay away from such cafe's. Also, second systems are prone to failure a lot. Only buy from a very trusted dealer

Sarath

iDota
Thank god you mentioned it. I was surprised as to until the last post no one calculated that bulk orders are priced comparatively lower than single unit PCs. He might get a 30k config for 20k if he is in luck, most probably will be since 20PCs is not a small number.

However OP should check how much discount he can squeeze and then post his requirements since 20 x 20k PCs= much less than 2L. Maybe 1,5L or around that.

OK lots of mistakes there. Not editing it ;-) Forget the math; read below.

Point I wanted to get through. Ask for bulk order discount and then give a config.

Top Bottom