Building a Gaming RiG (40k)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
RiGOD, this problem is very common. You PM'd me the same, so I decided to post here.

Even I got the G2222HDAL in the box of G2222HDL. The main differences are, HDAL is not HD, it's max resolution is 1600x900, and it only supports VGA. I got to know that I recieved the wrong unit when I finally installed the graphics driver and tried to set the resolution to 1080p. But to my surprise, the max supported resolution was 1600x900. Then I rethought, and checked on the monitor that it was written G2222HDAL on the top right corner. I have sent the monitor back for replacement.

In my opinion, this is more of BenQ's fault. They are shipping HDAL models in the boxes of HDL, and specifies this just by putting up a small sticker on the box that's it's HDAL. If you have seen my photos which i uploaded in this thread, you can clearly see the box is HDL, not HDAL. Still I got HDAL inside. When i rechecked the box sides, I found a sticker, that said that it's HDAL inside.

Tough luck, but they will get it replaced, don't worry RiGOD.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Ofcourse Letsbuy. They shipped your monitor, contact them and ask them the procedure required on how to send them the monitor back.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
:facepalm:

I'm already outta budget and seems like I'll have to bear the return shipping charges too. To make it worse, these damn guys are not responding.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ Another reason why i discourage online shopping :(

I think we should make a thread regarding this. This has happened the 3rd time in my knowledge, including me. BenQ is really getting unreliable. I think it's the middlemen who are doing this. The distributor might be doing this. Changing models and packing them into higher model packaging. IDK what to do, even after 15 days of buying my PC, i have still not received my G2222HDL, it's still in the process of replacement.

Last edited:
OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^You bought locally right? And your seller send it back to BenQ?

BTW called Letsbuy. They asked me to send the screenshot of the product and I did the same. And I was asked to wait 24-48 hours for a response via mail. God knows where this is going.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ My friend (dealer) bought all my components from Delhi, he frequently visits Delhi, thats why. Right now, I have no info on how is he going to replace my monitor, but I don't really care as long as he will be replacing it. He gave me his personal Dell ST2320L for backup, so I am OK with it. If by chance he couldn't replace it, I'll ask for refund or probably keep this Dell monitor.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^If a local dealer takes so much time to replace then I don't think Letsbuy will be any better. Will consider myself luck if I get a refund atleast.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^If a local dealer takes so much time to replace then I don't think Letsbuy will be any better. Will consider myself luck if I get a refund atleast.

Keep the HDAL, or sell it in the local market, you may get 6k+ for it, coz it's sealed, add some more and buy any monitor locally. This will be my 2 cents.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^No way I'm gonna sell it locally. Either I'll use it (if it can provide a resolution of 1920x1080 I can live with that) or get a refund and buy another model.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^No way I'm gonna sell it locally. Either I'll use it (if it can provide a resolution of 1920x1080 I can live with that) or get a refund and buy another model.

It doesn't support 1080p :( That's the main concern. The maximum resolution it supports is 1600x900.

But it's better to wait for a reply from Letsbuy first.

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Trust me and don't go with the M6811,it wont do justice to your Goliathus im telling from personal experience go with a G300 or KINZU or Tt Black gaming mouse or save and buy a DA

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Its not that nice bro,even if you have already bought it don't pair it with the Goliathus .
It will be like pairing Maggi noddles with Biryani. :p XD

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn't support 1080p :( That's the main concern. The maximum resolution it supports is 1600x900.

But it's better to wait for a reply from Letsbuy first.

G2222HDAL supports 1080p resolution :

BenQ India | Products - LCD Monitors - G2222HDAL
BenQ Global | Products - LCD Monitors - G2222HDAL

A VGA cable is enough to get good HD resolution - if you are not experiencing any visual glitches with the monitor you can keep it.

lots of HD monitors comes with VGA cable only - they don't provide the DVI cable to save the cost and sell the monitor as cheap as as possible.

sharang.d

Youngling
There's hell lotta difference between connecting via a D-Sub port and a DVI/HDMI port. One's analog(D-Sub) and the other one's digital. Better get the digital one. Analog is so 1990s

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
G2222HDAL supports 1080p resolution :

BenQ India | Products - LCD Monitors - G2222HDAL
BenQ Global | Products - LCD Monitors - G2222HDAL

A VGA cable is enough to get good HD resolution - if you are not experiencing any visual glitches with the monitor you can keep it.

lots of HD monitors comes with VGA cable only - they don't provide the DVI cable to save the cost and sell the monitor as cheap as as possible.

But when I tried to change the resolution it didn't show up 1920x1080 as an option. Immediately when I plugged Dell ST2320L, it started showing 1080p as an option...Now what kind of sorcery is this?

Top Bottom