Building a Gaming RiG (40k)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ Desktop, I tried changing resolution from Windows as well as Catalyst Control Centre, but it was 1600x900 always. In games too it was 1600 max. :(

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Despite all these monitor issues, I'm posting few more pics of the newly arrived components.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
pics looks nice - care to share the 3G the operator name and speed you are getting ? ;-)

But when I tried to change the resolution it didn't show up 1920x1080 as an option. Immediately when I plugged Dell ST2320L, it started showing 1080p as an option...Now what kind of sorcery is this?

can't say why you are facing this but have you tried manually set the resolution at 1920*1080 ?

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
pics looks nice - care to share the 3G the operator name and speed you are getting ? ;-)

Why not? But I'm in a dilemma on which operator to choose. Aircel has good 3G Tariff and I might give it a try. Will post pics soon. BTW checked the speed with a Tata Docomo 3G sim. Here's the deal

*www.speedtest.net/result/1972245655.png

BTW connected the HDAL to my 9400GT via VGA port and its giving Full HD resolution of 1920x1020. Didn't try any games though.

So is there a real world difference in gaming when connected via VGA and DVI port?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First post on TDF from my new RiG

Loads of work remaining and I need to clean up my room off all this mess. BTW a few updates.

-960T unlocked to 6 cores.
-Merc Alpha is a really good case for the price.
-Lenovo M6811 is pretty good.
-Sound clarity of SHP 1900 is great.
-BenQ G2222HDAL does support Full HD resolution.

So one final query. Is there a hell lotta difference between gaming with a VGA and DVI monitor? I mean, should I get a replacement?

I'll come back tomorrow with the remaining updates;)

@ mods : Please don't close this thread. I need to deliver a vote of thanks :)

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
VGA and DVI have no major difference. I have used both of them on 1280x800 No difference at all.
Does your monitor have HDMI Cable?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Is there a hell lotta difference between gaming with a VGA and DVI monitor? I mean, should I get a replacement?

For 1080p single monitor setup which you have, the answer is NO.
Congrats on buying new components & rig. :)

Please do post some pics when you have some time. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ RiGOD - thanks for the speed post ;-) ( ie your net connection speed - looks good )
like the others have said you won't notice any difference while using a VGA/DVI cable at HD resolution - I've used the VGA cable that came with B2230 for 2 days and later opted for a DVI cable so that I don't have to connect the converetr with the gfx card I've ;-)

VGA and DVI have no major difference. I have used both of them on 1280x800 No difference at all.
Does your monitor have HDMI Cable?

his monitor only has D-Sub ( VGA ) port.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Posting the prices and vendors of all the components.

Component Make Price Vendor
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960 Flipkart
Motherboard Asus M5A88-M 5315 Delta
RAM G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR3 1525 Flipkart
GPU MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 10000 SMC
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1135 Flipkart
Case BitFenix Merc Alpha 2550 Xtreme Grafix
PSU SeaSonic S12II 520 3600 Logtech
Monitor BenQ G2222HDAL 7500 Letsbuy
Mouse Lenovo M6811 615 Flipkart
Mousepad Razer Goliathus - Standard 610 The IT Wares
Keyboard Logitech K100 300 Logtech
Headphone Philips SHP1900 450 Flipkart
UPS Microtek 800VA 2950 Indicom
Total 43510

I'd like to say my special thanks to Cilus who helped me a lot in deciding this configuration and taking urgent decisions via PM's in spite of his hectic routine. Thanks to you buddy.

Thanks to Scorrel, d6bmg, topgear, Sainatarajan, serpent16, whitestar_999, Omi, desiJATT, $$Lionking$$, koolent, dfcols71, 1manshow, iChaitanya, CarlonSamuels & sharang.d for stopping by this thread and sharing their opinions.

Once again thanks to you guys. And I've named the RiG TENEBRiS ;)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
No Problem buddy, always here at your service.

One question: Are you settling with the HDAL monitor or going or a replacement?

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^I'm in a dilemma. The monitor looks good to me. But I don't know if the HDL will be better with the DVI cable/port. Letsbuy guys are taking forever to respond, so I started using this one.

So what do you say buddy? Should I vehemently stick on to the replacement/refund? Or is the gaming/HD content playback quality difference between VGA & DVI (real world) negligible?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^I'm in a dilemma. The monitor looks good to me. But I don't know if the HDL will be better with the DVI cable/port. Letsbuy guys are taking forever to respond, so I started using this one.

So what do you say buddy? Should I vehemently stick on to the replacement/refund? Or is the gaming/HD content playback quality difference between VGA & DVI (real world) negligible?

I think you should play a little farther to get the replacement. Threat them with Consumer Service and all the forum things...that you're active in all the tech forums in India, specially Digit...play intelligently, don't say online forum, say digit mag forum which might make them think that you're a member of Digit team.

I haven't seen HDAL but have experiece with HDL and it is a superb Disp0lay, especially the brightness and contrast.

Top Bottom