Building a Gaming RiG (40k)

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
@K3npachi : Thanks buddy.
@CarlonSamuels : Its the stock cooler as I'm not OC'ing for the time being. And thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you share the idle and load cpu temp ? and you unlocked the cpu at stock volt ( auto volt ) setting ?

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Which is the best tool for that buddy? I've installed SpeedFan and HWmonitor. Anything better than that?

BTW my motherboard had an option called Core Unlocker and I just enabled it leaving other settings untouched and the extra core simply showed up. And I've disabled the two extra cores currently.

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@RiGOD
Congrats mate ! Very nice config under 45k.:thumbs:
Post some pics and your fan setup.

How is Merc Alpha's front bezel in regard of airflow?
Is front fans creating any noise while sucking air from front bezel?
I am asking b'cause I have NZXT 210 Elite which has pretty similar (not exact) front bezel.

BTW check out NZXT 210 Elite's Review.

Cheers!

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^I've already gone through your review mate, but couldn't post there. Great job.

BTW the Merc comes with a single (rear) fan unlike the Source 210 Elite. And I've not installed any additional front/side panel fans yet. Will post the the temps soon.

OP
RiGOD

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Posting the CPU-Z, HWMonitor & SpeedFan results of my processor under Idle and Full Load.

Stock - AMD Phenom II X4 960T

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/SCPU-Z.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/SIdleSpeedFan.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/SLoadSpeedFan.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/SIdleHWMonitor.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/SLoadHWMonitor.jpg

Unlocked - AMD Phenom II X6 1605T

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/CPU-Z.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/IdleSpeedFAN.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/LoadSpeedFAN.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/IdleHWMonitor.jpg

*i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r637/RiGOD/LoadHWMonitor.jpg

PS : Used Handbrake with High/Realtime priority to put the CPU under full load. Considerable improvement in multi tasking capabilities and encoding speed was observed once the CPU was unlocked to 6 cores.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we expect Merc Alpha's Review in the near future ?

I don't think so buddy. There are hell loads of reviews of the same already. Video reviews and unboxings on YouTube too. So I don't think there's anything new that should be explained about this case.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hwinfo is the best monitoring and all of the temps looks good expect cpu package/case temp which is 64c under load.

Top Bottom