BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
now got proof that bsnl is going to start evdo and nic in kolkata only:( not west bengal......
linksee end of the page
but they charging Rs.550 for EVDO, and rs. 250 for nic.....
anyone can tell me about nic speed and can i roam with it??

I have 3 towers in 3-4 km radius round my house. What speed can I expect then ?
I live in an area loaded with high raise buildings. will that affect speed ?

vaithy

In the zone
now got proof that bsnl is going to start evdo and nic in kolkata only:( not west bengal......
linksee end of the page
but they charging Rs.550 for EVDO, and rs. 250 for nic.....
anyone can tell me about nic speed and can i roam with it??

NIC is CDMA based old technology which offerred 144 kbps maximum speed(really you got 90-to 120 kbps if you are nearest to WLL/CDMA tower.. this service is available in most of the circles (mostly in rural areas)
EVDO is enchanced CDMA services (3G) which offerred 2.4 mbps (average speed reported is 1mbps to 1.7 mbps if you are nearest tower. Even here if you are surroundrred by tall buildings, then the speed will be less..
Since it mainly intended for mobile internet you should not substitute for DATAONE services.. NIC only support CDMA 144kbps and could not upgraded to RVDO services.. but EVDO card can support CDMA networks.. so you can get both EVDO and CDMA signals and get continuuous internet connection while on mobile.. Since EVDO is under testing , you better wait for all the CDMA toweled in yours EVDO enabled in your area..
further You may compare other services providers (Reliance and Airtel) plan and speed and availability in your area and chose what is best for u..
Good luck!

vaithy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Maine BSNL office ja ke pata kiya tha. Abhi Gurgaon mein ye service start nahin hue hai. Sarkari afsaro ke mutabik 1 mahina lagega. Ab bhagwan jane woh ek mahina kitna lamba hoga

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
just few questions...

does it depend on specific towers??? or just the ususal mobile phone tower??
and can any one tell me whether its available in kancheepuram??
can anyone give me a feedback

vaithy

In the zone
EVDO services is not available in kanchipuram.. only 144 kbps cdma 1X services available.. if you are nearest to kanchipuram microwave area then you can get the NIC card from exchange..If you are nearest or open area then atlest 90 kbps to 120 kbps get it...compare to Airtel which has a theroritical speed 287 kbps but actual reported is from 150 kbps to 180 kbps (EDGE enabled area). But you have to pay Rs 1500/-p.m for the unlimited apart from Rs 8000/- for data card..
You may compare with reliance data card.. pl. visit the following site
*www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/rcom/Netconnect/netconnect_tariffs_details.jsp

with regards
vaithy

maddy_in65

Journeyman
No Currently Evdo service is not available in pune. I contacted BSNL officer 2 months ago, they informed, this service will be available after 6 months.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
EVDO services is not available in kanchipuram.. only 144 kbps cdma 1X services available.. if you are nearest to kanchipuram microwave area then you can get the NIC card from exchange..If you are nearest or open area then atlest 90 kbps to 120 kbps get it...compare to Airtel which has a theroritical speed 287 kbps but actual reported is from 150 kbps to 180 kbps (EDGE enabled area). But you have to pay Rs 1500/-p.m for the unlimited apart from Rs 8000/- for data card..
You may compare with reliance data card.. pl. visit the following site
*www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/rcom/Netconnect/netconnect_tariffs_details.jsp

with regards
vaithy

thnks...

is this plan worth in reliance..
Freedom @ night
Night unlimited
50 p/ min

more oveer thieer card are @ 2500 Rs...

much cheaper than airtel...

is there anyother option or network with cheap scheme....

??

Wat is the Download speed of this.
Rs.250/- Scheme = 144 / 8 = 17.2 kilo bytes per second
Rs.550/- Scheme = 2.4 * 1024 / 8 = 102.4 * 3 = 307.2 kilo bytes per second

the former speed might be quite common and easy to get, but the later needs you to be sufficiently close to a tower, within around 4KM to get max speed.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
307kbps ? Are you sure?

How to really know that this service is avail in my place? Coz sometime these sites are treated very lately...

torrent08

Broken In
NIC is CDMA based old technology which offerred 144 kbps maximum speed(really you got 90-to 120 kbps if you are nearest to WLL/CDMA tower.. this service is available in most of the circles (mostly in rural areas)
EVDO is enchanced CDMA services (3G) which offerred 2.4 mbps (average speed reported is 1mbps to 1.7 mbps if you are nearest tower. Even here if you are surroundrred by tall buildings, then the speed will be less..
Since it mainly intended for mobile internet you should not substitute for DATAONE services.. NIC only support CDMA 144kbps and could not upgraded to RVDO services.. but EVDO card can support CDMA networks.. so you can get both EVDO and CDMA signals and get continuuous internet connection while on mobile.. Since EVDO is under testing , you better wait for all the CDMA toweled in yours EVDO enabled in your area..
further You may compare other services providers (Reliance and Airtel) plan and speed and availability in your area and chose what is best for u..
Good luck!

vaithy

:)hi Vaithy.. i am coming from Uthandi / Kanathur near toll plaza ,near the multiplex theatre mayajjal in the ECR Road, Chennai..Is there BSNL s CDMA or EVDO coonection avialble.. I heard that bsnl is currently providing connections outskirts the chennai city.. this place is also located outskirts the city..hence i do hope there re will be..:confused:

maddy_in65

Journeyman
Good News for Pune People.

EVDO service is started here. You can contact your local Exchange.
Please check the tariffs found on Pune BSNL web site.

*maharashtra.bsnl.co.in/ssa/pune/pdsn.doc

Last edited:
can someone please answer my question ?

I have THREE towers within 5km radius of my house, but I live in an area full of high raise buildings. Somewhere in the middle of the BEL Circle - Yashwanthpur - Malleswaram triangle. What speeds can I expect on EVDO ?

I R 1337 bangalorean btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom