BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
EDIT -

1.Please see my post in page 2 for the data card experience

2. Have a look at - *www.bsnldatacard.com
too - the un-official website of BSNL Data Card.

Updates - July 2 2009

1. BSNL offers roaming facility on PCMCIA type of NIC/EVDO cards.

2. Promotional Offe - BSNL reduces the sale price of PCMCIA type of NIC and EVDO cards to Rs. 1680/- and Rs 2100/- respectively.

BSNL is going to launch Data Services on CDMA 2000 IX by using BSNL Internet Connect Card (ICC).

BSNL has decided to launch its Data Services on CDMA 2000 IX by using BSNL Internet Connect Card (ICC). The CDMA IX ICC will provide Internet Service @144kbps to computer users on their laptops as well as on desktops. This service will be available in all those locations wherever CDMA IX MSC based coverage is there. However, during roaming the said Internet connectivity will not work at present. The following two types of data Cards will be available for BSNL customers:

(A) Network Interface Card (NIC) : For internet speed up to 144 Kbps.

(B) EVDO Card : Internet speed up to 2.4 Mbps*

Source - *www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

I am using the Reliance data card at present, with the unlimited internet option - Rs.1500 per month.

I will be going to the BSNL DGM office tomorrow to see the BSNL ICC (similar to reliance data card) performance.

I will test it and will post the experience tomorrow.

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The Service here at Kolkata running at Selected area like Rajarhat, where BSNL is providing the 144 kbps plan with its FWP sets...

but this is the 1st time they are going PCMCIA card based service like Reliance / TATA !!!

goobimama said:
Can I use this card on my PC? Its a regular dibba....

The Card most likely to b in PCMCIA now regular Dibba would not have a PCMCIA expanson slot !!!!

how ever ur Lappy will i guess ??

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks a lot din for the info .. Waiting for your review. I wish to hear good news from your side. :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
OK. went through the new article,

:shock:

EVDO Card : Internet speed up to 2.4 Mbps*
Activation Charges => 250.00
Internet connect Card Sale Price => 6500.00
Fixed Monthly Charges => 250.00
Free Internet Usage => Unlimited

*(Tariff for CDMA EVDO card for speed up to 2.4 mbps will be intimated later, after installation of CDMA EVDO system).

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
BSNL tells that we can use it with PC also....... Offer is good but i have doubt with their service and CC :mad:
BTW, Reliance/Tata data card unlimited charge is too high......

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Tech.Masti

Telephone Bhavan
34 B.B.D BAG

Just near to the RAJ Bhaban at Great Eastern Side

The item is suppoose to be at publick display there !! u go near there some time ?? take a look at that one there :p

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
goobimama said:
Can I use this card on my PC? Its a regular dibba....

Good question lol and Answer is - YES !!

The card is PCMCIA, yes, it is meant for laptops actually, but you can use it in PC

How ? - You need a PCMCIA -> PCI card adapter

Cost - Rs.1600 when I purchased it, I think it came down now.

I use that in PC and when I travel I just take the card out (pcmcia, not the adpater) and use it in laptop.

Using it in the PC for the last 10 months or so, working perfect.

Ihatemyself said:
144 kb/s Like hell (But boon for Dial-up users pity on them)
Yes, you are right. It is good for people where there is no other alternative (like rural areas).

Also, reliance charge Rs.1500 +tax for the same thing ! (BSNL charge is Rs.250). So if BSNL ICC works atleast same as reliance card, that will save a lot of money.

EVDO, they are planning on selected exchanges, may be they will expand it in future, but when it come to reality, it will be too cool, as it will be like broadband - on the move, without relying on any hot-spots.

Well, will have to wait and see ...

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Josan said:
Can any body tell me that what will be the actual data tranfrer rate,10kbs/20kbps or more?

For Relaince card, I get 80 - 100 kbps max

For BSNL, wait till tomo :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@Josan - Theoretically, 2.4 Mbps would give 307 KBps. Practically, or more specific, BSNL-ically, it should be around half of that.

@Din - Hey, you got your broadband connection by now? Last time I saw your site, it was pulled down by yourself. :)

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
QwertyManiac said:
@Din - Hey, you got your broadband connection by now? Last time I saw your site, it pulled down by yourself. :)

Man, don't remind me all those lol

I never got BB evenafter the big n long fight.

I gave up coz of two reason

1 and main reason - No use fighting with them

2. Some other people wer misusing the website !

sandeepk

Journeyman
Reliance does not give more than 9-10KBps for my friend who is using it for last 3 months. (It came with 3 months free subscription with the laptop he purchased) About Tata it around 14KBps here in Pune. But both of these have a very high rates for browsing.
So for BSNL we can expect 11-12 KBps will be a good deal for unlimited internet usage at only 250 Rs.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Choto Cheeta said:
@Tech.Masti

Telephone Bhavan
34 B.B.D BAG

Just near to the RAJ Bhaban at Great Eastern Side

The item is suppoose to be at publick display there !! u go near there some time ?? take a look at that one there :p
when?? any idea??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
If they have put it in, then it would be there Any time !!! from 10.30 AM upto 4 PM i guess....

as I saw the Rajarhat FWP project on display at their office (GM North) @ 10P New CIT Road at Central, near Poddar Court !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom