BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
I am getting pathetic speeds with BSNL EVDO.
I have two bars in the application window and EVDO is enabled.
Still i get pathetic speeds of about 0-290Kbps(0-34KBps).

torrent08

Broken In
Hey I saw in chennai bsnl website regarding their Launch of GSM dta CARD..SO which is better now the CDMA Crd or the GSM Card.??!!!!!!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
IF it is EVDO, naturally CDMA card is better. I do not think the data card in GSM is 3G so that gives CDMA a big advantage!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
well brothers i have nice experience with my EVDO . i rarely use torrent for download . i got all my downloads directly from rapidshare and megaupload . so i never have to worry about the speed or peers or seeds as in torrent .

before EVDO i used BSNL BB home 500 plan , and i got the constant download speed of 1.7 mbps . and as u all guys know its only free for 2 to 8 , i am able to download 4.6 GB to 5 GB of data . and my highest download till now is 133.4 GB /month .

As now i switched to EVDO . i Download all day and night . regardless of the fluctuation of speed i got 800 kbps to 1.5 mbps download speed . and now i am able to download 8 GB of data /day .

well i can say that EVDO rocks . and there is nothing like EVDO .

i am attaching my screen shot from my BWmeter

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/2954/08282008151548kd1.png
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/3331/08282008151724ub1.png
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/1462/08282008151809bu2.png
*img257.imageshack.us/img257/9831/08282008151843dg0.png

I havn't downloaded a tenth of this my whole life and u did 86 GB in 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
86gb, 80 gb !!!!!!!!!!

guys chill....i dont hv dis much harddrive in mine....m gettin jealous.....

well i guess service wud vary from place 2 place....even a dwnload speed of 30+ kbps is satisfactory....considering its consistent n unlimited...will hv a nice punch to 256kbps bb connections.

Enjoy~!

vaithy

In the zone
Don't use the EVDO modem continuously more than 5 ot 6 hours.give 1 hour interval, because heat generated by the Usb modem may some how affect your laptop performance... just a friendly advice

vaithy

sankha

Right off the assembly line
Thank you Din for providing such a useful information. I'm going to buy a data card for my BSNL connection, so there will be no tension of wire theft or so.

vaithy

In the zone
O.K! don't test your luck too much!!
If you are using the EVDO in your PC no harm come to it.. problem is you have to move the pc, or use usb connector cable to place the modem antenna for good signal reception.. in the the case of laptop no such problem..however.. continous use of laptop produce lot of heat (airventing restricted) and you can feel the heat in the EVDO modem.. actually heat its transferred from laptop to modem , that is what I am feared... when I use with PC EVDO is not producing any such amount of heat.. so the problem is using the evdo continuously in your laptop//// perhaps you may now have the good rig.. however EVDO is new and no precedent of accidents known..just remember my advice.. give some cooling
vaithy

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
ya i use usb cable always and my longest online time for evdo is 6 days . but still no problem .
usually i just restart my laptop in 2 days . rather than that its always online except powercut :p

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
any idea abt questions by naveen_reloaded..... i have same querries....no point posting em again.... ya m planning to keep it in indiranagar, bangalore.....so any one in dat area wit ne experince.... n how do i go abt applying for the same? m fedup wit hathway broadband connection.... its 80% time dead...

thank u,

Enjoy~!

vaithy

In the zone
@speedguy,
EVDO and other DATA cards are for mobile net connectivity.. it is no sustitute for ADSL based BB solutions.. better U took BSNL DATAONE or Air tel BB if you are not satisfied with your current ISP..

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
I heard somewhere that nic or EVDO is shared ip, so we cant download from Rapidshare, megaupload torrents etc ..... Is that true? If yes , then from where you guys downloading so much GB's.?

I heard somewhere that nic or EVDO is shared ip, so we cant download from Rapidshare, megaupload torrents etc ..... Is that true? If yes , then how where you guys downloading so much GB's.?

I heard somewhere that nic or EVDO is shared ip, so we cant download from Rapidshare, megaupload torrents etc ..... Is that true? If yes , then how where you guys downloading so much GB's.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom