BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
@torrent08,

R U nearest to Chemmancherry... I believe that on the ECR and OMR side that chemmancherry and keleambakkam is provided with EVDO signal..any way if u have laptop or borrow from u r friend got the EVDO card on trial basis(for Ten days u can use this without any additional charges and test it in u r locality)
or u can take on rental basis for minimum three months on refundable deposit and try this.. my advise is don't try this as substitute for DATAONE BB.. just think for it as mobile internet ( compared to Airtel, and reliance,even with BSNL's own GSM /EDGE data cards it is dirt cheap with good bargain,even with minimum cdma 1x signals...(144 kbps)...

Those who want to connect it on Linux
go thro; following

*scitechpolitics.blogspot.com/2008/01/bsnl-evdo-on-gnulinux.html

with regards,
vaithy

Avinash_Mauje

Right off the assembly line
Good News for Pune People.

EVDO service is started here. You can contact your local Exchange.
Please check the tariffs found on Pune BSNL web site.

*maharashtra.bsnl.co.in/ssa/pune/pdsn.doc

Dude thanks a lot for the info...but i would like to know if they cover whole of Pune or just some parts in Pune.

vaithy

In the zone
Technically EVDO speed can be controlled and speed can be distributed equally within 5 k.m radius of it BTS tower. However since BSNL is advertising EVDO 's maximum theoriticall speed of 2.4 Mbps than it can give that speed only within 1 k.m radius of its BTS.. signal and speed will decrease up to 5th k.m. afterwards you can get only CDMA 1x signal (144kbps) provided you are in open area.. tall buildings may hampered it speed further...
So what BSNL should do to attract large base of customer is...it should advertise the speed to 1 mbps only and distributed the same speed within 5 k.m. In such scenario every body will be happy..
Dynamic ip is not possible with EVDO so torrents and RS is out of question..Use it for your mobile internet needs..

those who want it on Linux please go thr' following links

*platonic.techfiz.info/2008/03/04/hacking-bsnl-evdo-on-linux/
*scitechpolitics.blogspot.com/2008/01/bsnl-evdo-on-gnulinux.html

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Why is torrent out of question...
Leave about rs..

And just tell me is there a way to find that my place is covered by a evdo network or not...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Got the device today .. my dad was using too much of the BW of my Home500 connection.. last months internet bill was 2K + :( .. I just went to my local exchange got the application , filed up the details and handed over the application + Rs. 3500. in less than 2 minutes I had the package in my hands :D.. they said the device will be activated in the evening.. im currently @ office and im desperate to go home :D and check the device :D..

I was amazed when I got the device in less than 30 minutes :D

As I was in a hurry so didnt check much .. but I did see a evdo signal in the dialer app.

vaithy

In the zone
Why is torrent out of question...
Leave about rs..

And just tell me is there a way to find that my place is covered by a evdo network or not...

you get shared same ip id with hundreds other peoples in the same
locality/area that is why!...However, users are reporting some experiment with torrents by hoodwinked the above bottleneck , I don't know how they are achiving this, if users of this forum explain the way to use EVDO for torrents.. this may help others...

If the LED in the ZTE USB modem is blinking (slow) with green then your area has the EVDO signal.. if it is blinking yellow then only CDMA 1x signal is present..

@charan! Good luck ! for the speed you got the card... my email box is flowing out with enquiry about evdo(even one from Hariyana) I am not able to answer them personally..But advise all, verify your circle/state bsnl website for the news...
Off topic: presently BSNL is supplying the EVDO card at discounted rate.. Rs 6500/ card is sold at Rs 3500/- upto 30-09-08 as a promotional measure... But due to delay in completing the infrastrcture in many circles (many of the place BTS constrction still only in the paper, and in one place the exchange officer reported back to his superior officer," I got stock of evdo cards alright!! but Where is the BTS tower for signal? around 25 k.m. there is no BTS how can I sell it?...So when the reality hit the top brass at Delhi H.Q.. They review the situation..Now they decided to extend the deadline up to 31-12-08 for selling the card in concessional rate..This mean, EVDO services may come before Christmas or JAN-14 all over INDIA.. Since now the necessary Licenses granted to BSNL, Roaming to other states may be available.from Jan-2009..
with regards

vaithy

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
That was great news vaithy....

One more question though...is evdo service is going to be like mobile network...ie present in all village etc? By jan as you said...or just in important cities...

vaithy

In the zone
As EVDO is on CDMA network, BSNL mainly concentrated to give BB connection to rural areas in the past years...Only now they realised EVDO as data card for mobile computing for the urban folks...
If you have seen the chennai BSNL EVDO coverage maps you may come to notice in Chennai only K.K. nager is the lone exchange to give EVDO services for the 180 Sq.k.m. perpheral area of chennai.. where out side of chennai even for a small village which has 50 house only (MATHUR, example) has provided EVDO connection.. pity no body own a LAPTOP or PC there..So the bosses in exchanges are senting failed notice to their superior," no body take EVDO here,..there is no demand!!..".. This is the reason why BSNL is slowly responding to EVDO demand... However in urban area BTS tower to be laid for EVDO services, which need high investment..So they are in two mind, EVDO or Wimax ?...

though, BSNL beleive EVDO is 2.5G DOTnow ruled out it is 3 G.. So BSNL EVDO services are not officially roled out now..
In my beleif, EVDO now offerred by the BSNL is very old based on EVDO.REV -0 where as EVDO REV. A which offerred 3.1 mbps and latest EV-DO Rev. B standard supports up to 4.9 Mbps in each channel for a combined three-channel data speed of up to 14.7 Mbps on the downlink. It has the processing power required for true multi-tasking capabilities, which can converge multiple consumer electronics features. It also has the ability to leverage the wireless bandwidth required to deliver these mobile services.

There are many possibilities with this Gold-mine!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
Buddy, people don't anything about EVDO.
bsnl is not marketing this service properly. there are no ads, any other promotional thing.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i can tell you my experience with EVDO. here in kolkata, bsnl announced to start it on 15 July, but when i go to their main office in kolkata circle on 20th july, then i found that no one is aware of that service, after asking & asking they sent me to a bsnl GPRS expert, and voilla, he knows about it, he said that infrastructure is not ready till now, so he cant tell when this will start:mad:.... thats BSNL

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
well brothers i have nice experience with my EVDO . i rarely use torrent for download . i got all my downloads directly from rapidshare and megaupload . so i never have to worry about the speed or peers or seeds as in torrent .

before EVDO i used BSNL BB home 500 plan , and i got the constant download speed of 1.7 mbps . and as u all guys know its only free for 2 to 8 , i am able to download 4.6 GB to 5 GB of data . and my highest download till now is 133.4 GB /month .

As now i switched to EVDO . i Download all day and night . regardless of the fluctuation of speed i got 800 kbps to 1.5 mbps download speed . and now i am able to download 8 GB of data /day .

well i can say that EVDO rocks . and there is nothing like EVDO .

i am attaching my screen shot from my BWmeter

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/2954/08282008151548kd1.png
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/3331/08282008151724ub1.png
*img521.imageshack.us/img521/1462/08282008151809bu2.png
*img257.imageshack.us/img257/9831/08282008151843dg0.png

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
BSNL towers are mostly made in the bsnl office compound . so there is 89% of chance is there that tower is also made in BSNL compound . so U better check it and i hope u can get a solid info about all ur BSNL related quires

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Naveen

Have a look

*chennai.bsnl.co.in/News/EVDO_BTS.htm

I think kanchipuram is listed but only 144 (no EVDO) ?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Naveen

Have a look

*chennai.bsnl.co.in/News/EVDO_BTS.htm

I think kanchipuram is listed but only 144 (no EVDO) ?

one question guys ..

i am plaaning to get a bsnl data card 144kbps ... just answer few of my questions

1.)does this 144kbps also need any special tower like EVDO or it will work with all towers ...

2.) how much speed can i expecct... coz i need something better than this F****** GPRS ...

3.) wht are the things i need to submit and how long will it take me to get the data card ( usb )

4.) does the distance of the tower really matters ??? if so how ? and how much speed will i lose for a say a 1 Km distance tower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom