BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
is evdo available in delhi..

i live in punjab,,

can i purchase this evdo card in punjab and use it in delhi & ncr?

is that possible..?

in how many days i can get it?

ashokjp

Right off the assembly line
is evdo available in delhi..

i live in punjab,,

can i purchase this evdo card in punjab and use it in delhi & ncr?

is that possible..?

in how many days i can get it?

It hardly takes few hours to get the connection. To know whether your location has evdo, contact your local exchange. They will let you know whether EVDO is available in your area. If it is, you can walk in to the office, pay the amount and get the instrument immediately. Connection will be activated in 1-2 hours.

You can check out the pricing at this link
*www.bsnlevdo.in/evdo/bsnl-evdo-application-form-with-pricing/

There are some good reviews and updates in this site
*www.bsnlevdo.in/

vaithy

In the zone
details of EVDO coverage in chennai is now available in the chennai bsnl site. However except K.K. nager, Porur, perungudi all others are based on CDMA 1X and belong to outer areas of chennai.. while the other parts of india can enjoy EVDO chennai customers can only browsing the EVDO related news..

*chennai.bsnl.co.in/News/EVDO_BTS.htm

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Why do outskirts of the city only get 2.4 mbps? and kk nagar too, of course... but look at the list... porur, poonamallee... people inside the city would need more use of it na...

vaithy

In the zone
I don't know.. previously CDMA BTS were erected only on the rural areas as per the policy decision of GOVT. however this restriction have been removed two years ago paving the ways for wireless internet in metro cities.. Although other circles speed up the work in major cities for erecting CDMA BTS .. chennai BSNL hasn't done sufficient work for planning the projects.. I fear some of the officers believe that EVDO may eat DATAONE customers forgetting both of them are BSNL services...even if they plan to errect CDMA BTS in t future iwill took time at least for two years, which by that time newer technologies may be introduced by the competitors...thus lose the valuable customers as well as investment..

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
my evdo connection is getting disconnected after some time always even though the BTS is only 50 meters from my home and the signal is full. and i have to wait for 30 min before reconnect it .

is this problem happening to any one else in bangalore ?

vaithy

In the zone
from the bangalore EVDO users posting it is something to do with upgrading the services there i think, EVDO is yet to be infancy state except kerala.. contact your exchange JTO there

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@george101

I do not think it is available there, but Pathirapally is very near to Aleppy ? The reason is, EVDO is there in Aleppy, Mayithara (cherthaa, near SM College) and 1 or 2 more places.

If you can, go to the GM office (BSNL, Aleppy), and inquire there, you will sure get details.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Bsnl is going to start cdma in kolkata from july08, a local newspaper reported......they didnot tell service name...... Just said this is for Laptop users and using CDMA network

vaithy

In the zone
Just got the EVDO card(ZTEAC8700 card from the JTO of my exchange on trial basis..the officer ays that there is no EVDO signal in our area and it is from Marailmalai Nager which is 8 k.m away from my residence another BTS tower which is CDMA (144 kbps)is also at 7 k.m away from my residence.. the modem is only configurable in XP and Vista drivers you have to download for it.. After one day flirting with vista immediately go to meddle with kde based distros in mandriva -2008 spring it worked flowlessly for one day only and next day it couldnot find my USB modem?..(perhaps the settings are not saved.. now this posting is from sidux-2008 I don't know whether it will last long..
the speed here is only CDMA XI so 40 kbps to 90 kbps is decent for CDMA plan which cost 250/- per month.. Since I am still in trial period i'll go to EVDO enabled location with my laptop ,in and around Chennai and post the results here..

Can anyone tell me what are the speeds available in Bangalore ?
I have a friend with EVDO, and when he gave his card to a guy near my house, he got horrible speeds.

vaithy

In the zone
If you or any of ur friend has laptop just search the locality..with EVDO card fitted, for signal BSNL is yet to supply laptops to JTO(EXT) in many circles.. so they only tell what speed they getting in the EXchange(near CDMA tower which is useless for the customer as their location faraway from the tower.. So treat this not a substitute for BB but rather use for mobile internet..
Yesterday when I had to go to Chennai MGR nager area, I tested the EVDO signal and saw the quick flash of green signal in the EVDO led.. immediately I test it atlest 650 kbps download and 78 kbps upload result from speakeasy chicaco server..3 k.m away EVDO available in K.K nager but i didn't tested there since the speed near EXchange tower will be useless.inside Chennai this is the only area where EVDO services available..but hgh rise buildings may give unreliable speed some time.. u have to move to open area , ormove some place in side u r room where EVDO signal is strongest..I got different results of speed in different locations..

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@amrawtanshx

We can't compare the wired BB and wireless EVDO / Data card.

Both has its own advantages and disadvantages, but falls in different categories.

Meantime, Home 900 is Home 750 now (if you mean the BSNL UL 256 tariff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom