BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
royal said:
All leechers rejoice :p
Why do you have to be a leecher? I use torrents and always make sure that I upload MORE than I have downloaded, sometimes twice as much - even on a 256 Kbps connection. If I had a 1 or 2 Mbps connection, I would always keep the uploads going. 8)

forever

filth is me
aryayush said:
Why do you have to be a leecher? I use torrents and always make sure that I upload MORE than I have downloaded, sometimes twice as much - even on a 256 Kbps connection. If I had a 1 or 2 Mbps connection, I would always keep the uploads going. 8)
well said buddy , btw why dont i here anything of this sort for airtel and delhi isps, plz someone , gimme a good news :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
aryayush said:
Its a nice thing to do, but with an ADSL line, it isnt really time worthy doing so, on public trackers atleast, unless its very rare stuff :(

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Re: Pathetic ...

tech_cheetah said:
Can u people imagine the plight of Broadband connections in Bangalore !! I am staying at BTM in Bangalore and trying to get one unlimited internet connection at some decent rate.

Dude I was putting up in BTM till about a week back and faced the same problem, my advice go for Sify thats the only useable Internet Service available there. I've now shifted to HSR and the only option here is Hathway ... which is all crap ..:cry:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
QwertyManiac said:
Its a nice thing to do, but with an ADSL line, it isnt really time worthy doing so, on public trackers atleast, unless its very rare stuff :(
Why isn't it worth it on public trackers? :?

nix

uploading is a good thing...for me the upload speed is many times higher than the download speed....i've uploading 7.3gb and d/led 3.5 since the past few days....and thats only uploading while d/ling....not leaving the comp idle seeding. my up speed is like 55-60kb/s while d/l sucks at 20-25kb/s...:(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
aryayush said:
Why isn't it worth it on public trackers? :?
]
Public trackers have many seeds at times, and as I said, its not worth uploading with an adsl line [5-9kBps] on it for long times till > 1 is attained. Only if its a rare file with low seeds I feel motivated to do that. You dont really help the public's huge swarms with 5-9 kBps so I dont follow it :)

royal

Padawan
aryayush said:

I got poor upload speeds...that's why. :(

I feel like contributing but cant really upload huge files..and I prefer not to use torrents.

planetcall

Indian by heart
Re: Pathetic ...

Replying to: Page#1,post18

hey tech_cheetah,
I am also living in Bangalore near wilson garden. I am having a wonderful internet connection from YOUTelecom. Try to inquire more about it. The provide cable internet. I pay about 833 with tax and modem rental at 192Kbps UL plan. The service is good enough and they come to take the monthly bill. I think its wise enough.

*home.no.net/birgif/glis/image004.gif

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Great news.
Press Information bureau site states that 2 MBPS straight from Januray 1(News dated 20-12-06)

Shri Maran said that the convergent billing system of MTNL will come into effect from 31st March, next year. He further announced that all the existing broadband customers of MTNL will be automatically upgraded to the speed of upto 2 Mbps from the existing 256 Kbps from 1st January, 2007 at the existing rates.

Keeping in view the year 2007 being declared as “Year of Broadband” in India by the Department of Telecom, the enhancement of broadband speed will further popularise the usage of the broadband in the country. It may be recalled that BSNL has already announced to provide broadband upto 2 Mbps from 1st January, 2007.
*pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=23534

It was going to be 1 mbps initially , ummm BSNL is never clearof what they are doing , i hope the news from PIB site is correct.

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
only thing that haunts me is that when they charged me 63,000 bucks(later resolved to 1500) at the speed of 256kbps(H500) then what would happen if the bandwidth goes to 2MBPS. That would be fatal indeed
*x1.putfile.com/9/26512533290.gif

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Oh comon guyz...Dont pose that you guyz are the ULTIMATE CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS INTERNET..
I said in the sense to SUCK BSNL's Bandwidth..Not in torrents..I maintain 1:1 ratio in torrents...
Regarding Rapidshare I dont think such requirement is there that u have to maintain 1:1 ratio..Have they implemented such concept ;)..

I'm glad to hear that there are uploaders for rapidshare too(here at Digit forum)... ;).

Same here man...

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
planetcall said:
only thing that haunts me is that when they charged me 63,000 bucks(later resolved to 1500) at the speed of 256kbps(H500) then what would happen if the bandwidth goes to 2MBPS. That would be fatal indeed
*x1.putfile.com/9/26512533290.gif

I was also charged with amount totalling to more than Rs.70000 for 5 months. I am still fighting with them.:(

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
O yea, But what's the cost they offering for this connection can any 1 reply plz coz i didn't checked the link ( Sm Prob.) ;)

agnels

Live The Dream!
BSNL's 2 Mbps broadband @ Rs 250 a month

December 21, 2006 17:21 IST

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd, the state-owned telecom service provider, will provide broadband up to 2 MB at Rs 250 per month.

The speed has been increased by almost 8 times whereas the download has been increased by 2.5 times at almost half the cost, said a company press release.

Under the new plan all the existing 820,000 customers are also being upgraded for the speed up to 2 Mbps depending upon technical feasibility.

The year 2007 has already been declared as the 'Year of Broadband.' BSNL plans to add a 5 million port capacity to the existing network of 1 million ports during 2007. The telecom services provider has a market share of 44% in this segment.

BSNL plans:

* BSNL has a very ambitious plan to add large capacity during 2007.
* More than 1000 cities / towns and 20000 villages will come under the broadband map.
* 10,000 exchanges in urban 20,000 exchanges in rural would be broadband enabled.
* All the telephone exchanges with more than 1000 lines will be covered under this expansion plan.
* By the year 2008, all gram panchayats will have Broadband coverage.
* Broadband coverage for all secondary and higher secondary schools and all public health centres by December 2007.
* BSNL is in the process of launching broadband access through WiMAX technology in about 1,000 block headquarters with support from the government which will cover an area of about 20-25 km in each block.
* BSNL is already in the process of launching triple play services over broadband in Pune and subsequently in Chennai and Bangalore.
* BSNL will also to start on-line gaming services over broadband very shortly under two categories -- Standard and Premium packages -- with monthly fixed charges of Rs 100 and Rs 200, respectively.

The company release said that:

* Till now the minimum bandwidth available to broadband customers was 256 Kbps. BSNL has now decided that all the Home and Business Plans will offer data rates up to 2 Mbps, subject to technical feasibility.
* Further, the downloading limits in Home 250 and Business 700 plans have been enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB, respectively. The limits in other plans have been suitably enhanced. With the increase in downloading limit, a Plan 250 customer will get a benefit of Rs 840 per month for 1 GB limit and Business Plan 700 customer will get a benefit of Rs 2400 per month for limits up to 4GB.
* BSNL has also decided to bring down the per MB downloading rates from 1.40 per MB to Rs.0.90 per MB in Home 250 plan and the rates have also been lowered in other plans.
* BSNL has also decided to reduce the fixed monthly charges from ADSL modems from Rs 100 to Rs 60 per month which would benefit about 800,000 customer of BSNL. The reduction is applicable with effect from December 1, 2006.

Source:*www.rediff.com/money/2006/dec/21bsnl.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom