BSNL Revises Broadband Plans

ajaybc

Youngling
^ It varies in different states. 512kb is the minimum speed. Iam from Kerala and we are getting 1 mbps consistantly. From my experience, WiMAX is really awesome. You get all India roaming too for free. You should check with your local BSNL exchange for local plans.

vaithy

In the zone
WIMAX services in States are depends on How many BTS established and what extend.. Typical location will be around 15 K.M between each tower.. but technically signal can reached about 35 k.m to 50 k.m range for each tower radius.. another good aspect is that intervening building does not hinder the signal strength ,(unlike in GSM and CDMA based evdo).. However BSNL marketing Bosses are willing to kill it for 3G (where they paid heavy spectrum charges) as they believe it is competing with their existing technology.. so in must of state the Marketing as well as Agents Mafia collision prevented from wimax to be offered widely

ajaybc

Youngling
Here in Kerala they are actually promoting WiMax. When I went to the local BSNL office for a Broadband connection for my friend, they actually suggested Wimax instead of regular BB.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Thanks,,i will check with local BSNL office..it is next to my house..not even 1 KM away...also we have one big BSNL tower in the exchange itself.

vaithy

In the zone
Here in Kerala they are actually promoting WiMax. When I went to the local BSNL office for a Broadband connection for my friend, they actually suggested Wimax instead of regular BB.
Kudos to Kerala BSNL officers!
they have a first comer advantage.. as new technologies are tested first there.. further being hilly state, wimax is more advantage to maintaining and provisioning.. this make sense!

funskar

Padawan

That bsnl employee shud b kinng of fools,,
njoy wimax till rlnce infotel nt jumps up

Bsnl will b shutting down there wimax services soon..

BSNL To Step Out From Arena WiMAX

anandharaja

In the zone
When ever i try to register in BSNL Selfcare i got BB user id is not valid error.

ar<phone number>_scdrid is the BB id right?

sakumar79

Technomancer
I am personally unable to appreciate the disapproval of most here... BSNL has, taking for example UL750, increased UL750 speed from 512kbps for full month to 1 Mbps for first 6 GB of the month and then 512 kbps for rest of month without changing cost. So, in general there is an increase in speed and at most, after fup speed drops down to older speed in the plan.

While I appreciate that FUP is a PITA, most of those affected by it are those who are downloading illegal movies, apps, etc... Sure there are a few legitimate users affected by it (including me) who may download large legal (trial) apps, linux distros, online gaming, etc. but the percentage is very small... I would guess that only 5% of subscriber base would be affected by the FUP and among that 5%, only 1% would be affected for legitimate reasons...

Sure, I am affected by FUP myself (I have Airtel unlimited which fups me by about 20-25 days in general)... And the reasoning that the companies give of piracy,etc might be actually BS (the actual being to increase their profit by forcing some users to go for higher plans)... However, I think we should just accept it and live with it... May be once piracy is curbed, we can think about forcing the companies to drop the fups...

Arun

tkin

Back to school!!
I am personally unable to appreciate the disapproval of most here... BSNL has, taking for example UL750, increased UL750 speed from 512kbps for full month to 1 Mbps for first 6 GB of the month and then 512 kbps for rest of month without changing cost. So, in general there is an increase in speed and at most, after fup speed drops down to older speed in the plan.

While I appreciate that FUP is a PITA, most of those affected by it are those who are downloading illegal movies, apps, etc... Sure there are a few legitimate users affected by it (including me) who may download large legal (trial) apps, linux distros, online gaming, etc. but the percentage is very small... I would guess that only 5% of subscriber base would be affected by the FUP and among that 5%, only 1% would be affected for legitimate reasons...

Sure, I am affected by FUP myself (I have Airtel unlimited which fups me by about 20-25 days in general)... And the reasoning that the companies give of piracy,etc might be actually BS (the actual being to increase their profit by forcing some users to go for higher plans)... However, I think we should just accept it and live with it... May be once piracy is curbed, we can think about forcing the companies to drop the fups...

Arun
I have one thing to say it to you, STEAM.

Top Bottom